ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #2

Discussion in 'DeOrr Kunz, Jr.' started by los2188, Jul 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackeee

Jackeee Just one more thing....

I only started following this case a couple of days ago so I had a lot of catching up to do. Please bear with me as I'm still wondering about something that I can't find has been covered.

1/ Did the entire family arrive at the campground in the same vehicle?
    or
    2/ Did they arrive in separate vehicles at different times?

3/ If the latter, and Deorr and his parents got there first, did the grandfather even see the boy before the parents left to explore? Maybe and I do mean just maybe, the parents told the grandfather Deorr was having a nap and didn't look in on him so as not to disturb him.

The parents said he was with the grandfather and the grandfather thought he was with the parents. Has the grandfather had anything to say?

Im only trying to get a picture in my mind as to what took place before the 911 call.

2. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

If perps are hoping to confuse LE with DNA they wouldn't dump cremains in a reservoir imo but leave them somewhere LE can get it IMO.

Not necessarily I think. If it was steelman's bluehaired granny who went there she might not read the news much and not realize that her husband's ashes had anything to do with the search for the missing toddler, but one of her children might put two and two together and get worried and call the sheriff, "hey, you know, you said you found cadaver scent in the reservoir but that's where dad's ashes went, do you think the dogs could have alerted to our father...?"

3. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

Thanks for that Carbuff. From the maps I noticed that the road going into the campground splits into at least three roads near the reservoir. They might have had the main part of the road directly into the campground blocked, but people would still be free to use the other two roads. It also looks like there are some ATV trails around there.

I think the Steelman's description of the little old lady scattering her husband's ashes is very plausible. I think it is odd that only the one source HLN reported on that little piece of "news". I'm not very impressed with HLN, so who knows if it is accurate. On the other hand, local news sources might have been asked to not publish it by LE for whatever reason. There is so much we don't know about this case, that LE is obviously withholding a LOT of information and the local media might be respecting their wishes.

Also about the reservoir, does anybody know if it is man-made and used to supply water to something, either people, livestock or crops? Or is it a natural lake that they happen to call a reservoir?

4. teeandcee

teeandcee Well-Known Member

I generally don't question LE's decisions as I'm obviously not an insider, but I do wonder how this would turn out if they'd been as forthcoming as LE in the Hannah Graham case. I followed that and very quickly LE was out there in the public's face and very quickly the video of JM turned up, then his ID, the search warrants, his being ID'd after he fled the state, etc. I dunno, that just seemed like such a good technique, what they did with Hannah Graham.

5. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

With regards to search and rescue, typically intensive searches are scaled back after 10 days or so. The searchers become exhausted and just can't keep going over the same ground a third or fourth time. Also, after that time the likelihood of survival is almost nil. With all our excellent techniques and technologies, nature is sometimes still more powerful than we are and I hope the parents can find peace in the idea that their little boy fell asleep somewhere out there and nature took him back.

As someone said in an earlier thread, there is a big difference between someone going missing in an urban environment and someone going missing in the wilderness. In the wilderness, the overwhelming likelihood is natural causes. I would want to see clues or evidence before speculating on an abduction.

6. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

Hi Jackeee, Welcome! Unfortunately, we don't know the answers to those questions. LE has been pretty tight on the details of what happened that day and the family appears to have stopped talking to the press after the first few days.

7. Wyle_E_Coyote

Wyle_E_Coyote Northern Virginia

Plus, it is not easy to cremate a body. Crematoriums burn bodies at extremely high temperatures, in a specially designed furnace, for hours and hours, and even with that the bones are not ash. They are ground up into a powder afterward. Not a process that can be easily replicated with a campfire.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

8. ninij9

ninij9 Well-Known Member

Deleted. Tapatalk confounds me [emoji20]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

9. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

The facts of this case seem different somehow... I'm thinking perhaps LE in this county would be more forthcoming if they had pictures of a suspicious stranger they need identified or an abduction suspect on the run who they need captured, but they said they have no evidence of abduction. Let's say the man at the store really turned out to be the dad, whose videos and ID would they post? There probably wasn't any surveillance video in the forest to publish.

10. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

Oh how I agree.

That case was like a 'how to handle a missing person handbook'. I wish that sheriff would be everyplace somebody goes missing.

11. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

We dont know if 2 vehicles were used. However there is 1 photo of where we think we see the black truck. And IMO it has the smaller 1/2 extended cab which has just the tiny "dummy seats" in back which are not really fit to hold 2 adults comfortably for a long drive.

So if that truck picture is theirs, then IMO I do think there had to be 2 vehicles.

So if we assume 2 vehicles, then your example is a good hypothetical example of how the boy may have never even been seen by 2 of the adults at the campground.

Flip it around and it could have been the parents that never saw the boy.

12. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

I haven't heard but wondering what's going on today. Are the parents still up at the campsite or have they returned home?

Is anybody still searching for Deorr?

13. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

I never heard the term until my mom died and at her wishes, she was cremated. I kept referring to the remains as "ashes" and my persnickety and bossy oldest sibling kept correcting me, "It's CREMAINS. The correct term is CREMAINS. CRE-MAINS. They don't use the word ashes but CREMAINS."

She even corrected me when I hadn't even said anything. (Grief didn't bring out the best in our conversations for awhile...things improved, but I still don't dare use the word "ashes" around her.)

For what it's worth, I think the word ashes is just fine. ;)

14. concernedmother

concernedmother Well-Known Member

I have some and always call them ashes. Actually, Ive not heard anyone ever say cremains before.

15. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

Unfortunately after yesterdays "decided to redirect the investigation" update from the Sheriff, I dont think LE is searching up there much anymore. They may still have a presence and maybe are doing some minor searching but it didnt sound like it to me. Link below.

Not sure about anyone else up there.

https://www.facebook.com/LemhiCountySheriffsOffice

16. Mickshawn

Mickshawn Active Member

~~I've ONLY seen info on Mom's 911 call. Didn't Dad make his own 911 call??

SAMS likes this.
  17. skibaboo

skibaboo Mrs Map

I was just about to say the same thing! We learned a new word eh?

18. CatsInTheCradle

CatsInTheCradle Verified Baylor Bear!

I thought it was TLCYA but could certainly be wrong :)

19. 4senthia

4senthia New Member

I know the father says he called 911 also. They asked the mom if he had called while she was on the phone w/dispatch and she said "yes".
    Here is a link w/one version of the timeline along w/the video of the interview the parents gave explaining the situation.
    Notice that they were quoted as saying they searched for about 20 minutes. I honestly thought they said an hour. I am certainly cutting them all the slack possible because they are shaken to the core.
    jmoho
    The link:
    http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/heartbroken-parents-of-missing-2-year-old-well-find-you-son/

20. Mickshawn

Mickshawn Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.