ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know but it's another oddity. He clarifies the parents took polys but that he knows not where or when.
Leads us to wonder if all on the trip were polyed. He also said (iirc) that he doesn't know the results.
Man oh man I hope my hinkey meter is so very wrong.
jmho

I would think he wasn't necessarily involved in the day-to-day decisions of the department. They probably informed him it had been done but he wouldn't have needed to know the where or when.

But yes the results?

As recently as yesterday it was "cremains" as in cremated. Now it's remains. IDK
Dang this is a weird one that seems to be moving very fast in certain directions right now.
He is not on that plot of land according to the sheriff. Not in the water.
jmoho
It's massive, but maybe they should be searching Snake River. Might have been more than a slip of tongue.

If you watched the video of the reporter driving into the campsite then you know how difficult it is to get in and out of there. Didn't they say a basically 10 mile drive oneway to the little store took 40 minutes?
Surely there was a way to close off that particular road for at least some point.
jmoho

Well all I know concerning the water is that it was supposedly searched six ways to sunday, so to speak. With divers, sonar, side-scanning sonar, cadaver dogs, etc.
But the point about knowing Deorr isn't in the water while "learning that someone was dumping human c/remains in the water" DURING the investigation/search....I don't get it either.

jmoho

I would want to find out who this person was and if its someone related to someone in this case. jmo

Is that normal? The fact that he doesn't know when they were given?
I think he said he didn't know when or even if the results would be given to the public, not that he didn't know when they were given. The sentence was confusing and I had to read it a couple times myself.

It sounds to me like they had poly's set up by their attorneys, as opposed to going to the Sheriff's office to take one. There is nothing wrong with doing it that way. Attorneys often suggest it to keep some control of the situation.

If you watched the video of the reporter driving into the campsite then you know how difficult it is to get in and out of there. Didn't they say a basically 10 mile drive oneway to the little store took 40 minutes?
Surely there was a way to close off that particular road for at at least some point.
jmoho

Yes, but even if they blocked it off where it leaves the highway, there's still the road up the other side of the creek to the reservoir.

I don't know but it's another oddity. He clarifies the parents took polys but that he knows not where or when.

I think there might be some questionable/confused news reporting that it's not wise to take as gospel.

Another news souce: http://www.kmvt.com/content/news/Twin-Falls-Co-Sheriffs-Office-joins-search-for-missing-boy-318009071.html

It states the drones will be used to search remote areas. It states
he does not consider the parents to be suspects in the child's disappearance. He confirmed they did take a polygraph test but didn't know when or if the results of the test would be released to the public.

It seems to me the news media are the ones fanning the 'foul play' angle. It is, of course, an angle designed to keep people glued to the news media and viewing their ads.

It has been suggested that the mother of one of the case players might have died 3 weeks ago. IF SO---could that be why great grandfather and family friend came to the national park? Did they come to scatter the ashes? That would be very interesting if it happened that way.

That's very plausible. And maybe the "empty/ EMT" bag was used to transport the cremains; and the mother did not want to talk about that bag, because it would just confuse things?

In a phone call today, Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn D. Bowerman confirmed that some person scattering human remains in the area did contaminate the search area. The scent of the remains threw off some of the search dogs, leading the trackers on a false trail.

Sheriff Bowerman also confirmed that drones are being brought to the Timber Creek/ Stone Reservoir area but doesn't believe they will be used in the search. Instead the drones will be used to document the area for evidence if a trial in connection to DeOrr's disappearance is ever convened.

The sheriff also stated that at this time he does not consider the parents to be suspects in the child's disappearance. He confirmed they did take a polygraph test but didn't know when or if the results of the test would be released to the public.

Wow, just wow. Seems like the investigation has taken a big change in direction.

The Grandfather wasn't there it was Great grandpa and his friend.

Thank you pappa rob. The man is Deorr's mothers grandfather and Deorr's great-grandfather. I had forgotten that.

It has been suggested that the mother of one of the case players might have died 3 weeks ago. IF SO---could that be why great grandfather and family friend came to the national park? Did they come to scatter the ashes? That would be very interesting if it happened that way.

That's very plausible. And maybe the "empty/ EMT" bag was used to transport the cremains; and the mother did not want to talk about that bag, because it would just confuse things?

Great speculation. Both very plausible.

For those of you with Missing 411 tendencies, you may be interested to note that there is a small lake a little less than four miles west and a tad north of the campsite called, "Devil's Lake." Happened to see it while scouring the maps of the mines in the area. I had never heard of Missing 411 until this week. (I'll NOT be reading that anytime soon - I go camping way too much and would be paranoid.) The more I dig, the more I'm thinking old mine tunnel.

I'm going to read them eventually, but if I camped I wouldn't. I read a lot of reviews and people talked about how scary the books were.

Yeah, I wonder WHY he kept saying that and then correcting himself???....Makes me wonder. Why was "Snake" something or other on his mind?

It was mentioned earlier in the first thread that one of the main search and rescue organizations is snake river search and rescue.

Mom is a nurse's aide. As an RN myself, I can find no reason an aid would have an EMT bag

Lots of people, especially outdoorsman types, have an emt bag in their cars at all times. I am not in the medical field, I am a city planner, and not really even an outdoors person, but I have one. You can easily buy them on many websites.

I read it as they did not know when or if they would be released to the public MOO
"He confirmed they did take a polygraph test but didn't know when or if the results of the test would be released to the public"

As of Monday, authorities said they have no clue where Deorr Kunz could be, after the Idaho Falls toddler disappeared July 10 from a campsite near the Timber Creek Reservoir in Leodore where he was staying with his parents, great-grandfather and another adult.

"We've literally torn that country apart and found absolutely not one clue," Bowerman told FoxNews.com.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/2...den-yield-no-clues-in-hunt-for-idaho-toddler/

The paragraph above says it all for me. I don't think the statements the sheriff is making now have a whole lot of substance to them one way or the other. He knows if the parents passed the polygraph or not. He knows that flying a drone out over the woods isn't going to accomplish much.

He's just making a statement because the media is pushing him for one.

He sounds defeated to me...and tired.

This is what the sheriff said concerning the dumping of cremains/now remains:
http://www.localnews8.com/news/new-details-on-search-for-deorr-kunz-jr/34281340
And this:
http://www.localnews8.com/news/new-details-on-search-for-deorr-kunz-jr/34281340
"Crews have spent dozens of hours focusing on the Stone Reservoir after cadaver dogs indicated there may be something there. On Friday, Bowerman told HLN they learned someone had been dumping human cremains in the reservoir, and that could be the smell the dogs picked up on.

“It’s pretty disappointing,” Bowerman said to HLN. “Someone was depositing human cremains up there while we’re searching the area. It contaminates the reservoir and the entire area.”

jmoho
This indicates the cremains were introduced into the water at another point and not near the search area. (It also infers it wasn't done by the family of Deorr). However, he clearly states it would affect the entire area of the reservoir which makes perfect sense. Wherever the water currents and wind carries the ashes would then be lost for searching with reliable cadaver dogs.

It is my belief they are building a criminal case due to foul play even as they profess they have no leads in that direction. They are probably running two parallel investigations. One for a runaway child and the other criminal murder.

The only way this isn't going to turn into a criminal case is if they miscalculated and Deorr traveled much faster and father than anyone believed possible. Maybe they did not take into consideration how fast his little legs could carry him away from the area if he was chasing after something. On city streets, children have been known to cover several miles with obstacles like freeways and other areas of critical danger to them. They should keep the grid search going outward instead of going over the same area over and over. This is where the drones could play a critical role, imo.

bbm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member