ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
“They are just photographing the area in case this should ever turn into a criminal investigation,” Bowerman said."

"Sheriff Bowerman also confirmed that drones are being brought to the Timber Creek/ Stone Reservoir area but doesn't believe they will be used in the search. Instead the drones will be used to document the area for evidence if a trial in connection to DeOrr's disappearance is ever convened."

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/lemhi-sheriff-on-deorr-kunz-we-do-not-suspect-foul-play/
http://www.localnews8.com/news/new-details-on-search-for-deorr-kunz-jr/34281340

so...no clues, no evidence, no signs, no suspects, no victim, no witnesses...but the sheriff's made two specific quotes as to an illogical future scenario, according to LE's own findings...

yet LE has stated there's no foul play...so to be prosecuted is a wayward mountain lion or a reservoir? am I just STUPID?

wait don't answer that...:gaah:

OMG! Lolol! This should be nominated for post of the day.

I think he was napping in the truck and was able to somehow wake up and get out and nobody saw him leaving.

I know it would be hard for a 2 1/2 year old to open a car door. Does anybody know if they can do that?

I donno. Just thinking out loud here.

MOO

RSBM. My 2 1/2 year old can't/doesn't. She can't get her seat unbuckled, either. I'd hope he was buckled in the truck. If he fell asleep and the plan was to let him sleep in the truck I don't think parents would risk waking him by unbuckling. It's possible he fell asleep (even probable given the proximity to nap time), it's possible they decided to let him sleep. It is very unlikely, IMO, that he climbed out on his own.

RSBM. My 2 1/2 year old can't/doesn't. She can't get her seat unbuckled, either. I'd hope he was buckled in the truck. If he fell asleep and the plan was to let him sleep in the truck I don't think parents would risk waking him by unbuckling. It's possible he fell asleep (even probable given the proximity to nap time), it's possible they decided to let him sleep. It is very unlikely, IMO, that he climbed out on his own.

I actually said something similar in thread one. His blanket was in the truck so I can see him falling asleep on the way back from the store so they let him stay in the truck. Without ggpa knowing, he wakes up, gets out and starts looking for mom and dad. Just a possibility and jmo.

I take that back. I just saw a missing poster on mom's FB and it mentions camouflage cowboy boots.

Golly. This little boy must've been practically invisible.

I think he was napping in the truck and was able to somehow wake up and get out and nobody saw him leaving. I'm thinking the parents thought him safe because he was sleeping and they thought grandpa knew he was asleep in the truck and they wanted to just slip away for a bit. Grandpa saw they were gone and thought DeOrr was with them.

I know it would be hard for a 2 1/2 year old to open a car door. Does anybody know if they can do that?

Windows might have been down and there might be a window in the back he could have crawled through to the bed of the truck and down that way.

MOO

2 year old Gage Wayment did it.

This is one of the most heart-breaking beginning to end accounts I have ever read. The author did a wonderful job.

http://www.pulitzer.org/works/2002-Feature-Writing

According to the parents (the interview), DeOrr wasn't sleeping. He was playing with Great-Grandpa.
I think he was napping in the truck and was able to somehow wake up and get out and nobody saw him leaving. I'm thinking the parents thought him safe because he was sleeping and they thought grandpa knew he was asleep in the truck and they wanted to just slip away for a bit. Grandpa saw they were gone and thought DeOrr was with them.

Windows might have been down and there might be a window in the back he could have crawled through to the bed of the truck and down that way.

MOO

I will choose my words carefully because IWasThisClose to getting a time out yesterday.

I read that the parents thought that DeOrr was with the GGP and the GGP thought he was with the parents. I also read the GGP looked away for a minute and the child was gone. Which is it? It can't be both. I'm not accusing anyone. Just wondering about the discrepancy.

I've seen this questioned a few times but I haven't seen a clear answer, unless I just overlooked it.

I mentioned the same thing earlier on and I put a link where the dad says that.

Okay, I have to admit first that I am horrible with maps (can't read them) and I am not familiar with Idaho or the campsite or near locations. I live in the Caribbean so just to let everyone know why I ask. Deorr's father said:

"As his father I believe, and a lot of people agree with me, that he is no longer up the mountain anymore".

What he means by he is no longer up the mountain? Was he ever? How does a toddler climbs a mountain? I'm confused!!

Was this mountain checked? (the one Deorr's father mentions)

I had wondered about this as well. It may just be nomenclature, but the campground isn't really up on a mountain, its more in a valley between the peaks.

MOO

My son from age 2 and up was a little escape artist. He stopped my heart many times.

I mentioned the same thing earlier on and I put a link where the dad says that.

has it been said how close GGP was to the boy when he looked away? I got the idea that he was not right next to him, maybe I misunderstood him?

MOO
I think the parents would have told LE and the media if this was the case. There would be no reason to lie about that, IMO

From CNN.com:

CASAREZ: To Seth Meyers, clinical psychologist. He needs water. And he never left anywhere without his animal, his cup and his blanket. Does

that make sense to you, that little boy left them behind, even if he wandered off?

SETH MEYERS, PSYCHOLOGIST: It doesn`t make any sense at all. You know, this little kid obviously would have extreme separation anxiety if he

were separated from his cup, from his little stuffed animal. So the other thing I think is important is, I would think if he saw any -- any adult

that he was with moving away from him, that he would be inclined to follow them. So I wonder, why didn`t he follow, you know, anyone at that moment?

CASAREZ: And Matt Zarrell, who`s to say he didn`t?
Because Matt Zarrell, the timeline that we`re hearing is that Mom and Dad went down to

the creek, if I call that -- it`s a creek?

ZARRELL: Yes, about 50 yards away from the main campsite, yes.

CASAREZ: And now they`re searching in the area of the creek for some reason today. That little boy could have followed his parents. If so, why

didn`t they see him, Matt?

ZARRELL: Yes, we`re trying to figure that out, too, because what we hear on the 911 call is that the boy was missing for an hour. But what the

parents are saying is that they searched for him for 20 minutes before they called police. So we`re just trying to figure out where in that timeline

is actually true (ph)? How long did they really look before calling the cops?

CASAREZ: And there`s an inconsistency there either on the part of the operator that wrote down the amount of time they said that they`d been

looking for them (ph), or obviously, with this distraught family.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1507/15/ng.01.html

has it been said how close GGP was to the boy when he looked away? I got the idea that he was not right next to him, maybe I misunderstood him?

No, because according to Deorr's father, great-grandpa said he thought Deorr was with his parents.

But then during the vigil, Deorr's father mentions about great-grandpa turning his head for a minute.

So yes, we have NO idea.

That is just beyond heart breaking. No words. :(

Now that information is starting to come out about ggpas friend, can we speak about it here, as it may be that LE is disguising what they may be doing. Or do we have to wait for the police to identify this person?

I am so very worried that Deorr may not have been @that campsite.
They are looking into backgrounds of those closer to "home".
In my thoughts, I can't help wondering if this boy is closer to his home of Idaho Falls.
But not actually in Idaho Falls.
This just gets odder by the moment.
None of the statements add up.
It's just my opinion but I think a rather defenseless person is being somehow scapegoated.
jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member