ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone fill me in please on what people are referring to when they mention BBM in recent posts. Is there news that I am missing?

By the time you read this... I imagine that there have been many answers by other sleuthers....

But.... just in case there aren't...

BBM equals - Bold By Me...

Phrases/paragrapsh/etc. are bolded when posters wish to address particular parts of another quote/post/link...

HTH... :seeya:

For those that missed it. There is somewhat new news today 7/20 from Sheriff.

Not specific but I found these parts interesting.

"The Lemhi County Sheriff’s Office is officially scaling back an intensive and exhaustive search of the Timber Creek/Stone Reservoir, area"

"the Sheriff’s Office has decided to redirect the investigation."

"The family of DeOrr has continued to cooperate with law enforcement and has volunteered to take polygraphs, which is common in these types of investigations."

https://www.facebook.com/LemhiCountySheriffsOffice

Also, FYI...BBM in past posts means "bolded by me" but i think you may know that and just listing in case that is what you were asking.

I think "redirect the investigation" is a polite way of saying "we have no clue what happened, but we've done all we could ".

If you zoom in on the map with the mines you can actually see the campground and there does not appear to be any mine near it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Maybe the Kunz family (or friend) were the ones who were taking a loved one's cremains to the reservoir?

How would LE know someone had tossed cremains there unless that person volunteered the information?

This is an interesting theory... one I hadn't thought of before...

:waitasec:

I believe that is correct, but someone posted that cadaver dogs aren't necessarily trained to detect cremains, so I don't think that's really what alerted the dogs to the reservoir.

See post #118 (last link below) for all the dog links, but here's two that pertain to alerting to the reservoir

Scent Dogs:
Divers and others focused on the reservoir about 50 miles southeast of Salmon Wednesday but found no sign of 2-year-old DeOrr Kunz. On Tuesday, scent dogs led searchers to that section of reservoir — the second set of search dogs to show marked interest in that area, Lemhi County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Steve Penner told the Post Register.
http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/0...#storylink=cpy

Cadaver Dogs:
Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman told Dateline divers were searching Timber Creek Reservoir again Wednesday after cadaver dogs indicated there may be more there to find. A comprehensive search of the 2.5-mile radius of the family's campsite turned up no clues.
http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/idah...mpsite-n392776

Link to Post #118 - DOGS LINKS

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ground-10-July-2015-2&p=11941797#post11941797

What are everyone's theories? My main ones are accidental drowning or wild animal carried him off. Why no trace of him, I don't know.

I am sure there are more survivalist type people living in those areas in camps than you may think. Not just in ID but in many other wilderness filled states.

No, homeless tend to be where they can get food. Would not be much at this location. We do not have many homeless other than in the City of Boise where they can find charity, places to sleep and food.

You know, it may have been someone's loved one and that was their favorite spot. It could have been a long trek for them to get up there. And most wouldn't think " oh hey, maybe I shouldn't drop these ashes in right now cuz it might mess up the cadaver dogs. "

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yes I think it's that simple too. I wish the word 'dumped' hadn't been used in association with the cremains - when people take the time to take them to a specific lake, river, mountain, beach or similar, they aren't 'dumping' anything. The ashes are probably being scattered in a meaningful way - if dumping was their intention, the bag or container and its contents could be disposed of in a much more convenient location.
I also don't think people decide where to cast their loved ones ashes on a whim either. There could be a good chance that the person/s involved had made their plans quite a while ago, and were oblivious to what was going on in the area.
The only photo I have seen of the lake search seemed to involve a group of individuals and several vehicles assembled at the narrow end of the lake (I think this is where it overlooks the camping area below) - again, the ashes could have been distributed on the water at any given time at a part of the lake where the search wasn't so obvious.

My brain is not functioning clearly at the moment. Time to call it a day before I say something I'll regret. Sleep well, all.

:eek:fftobed:

Sleep well, Carbuff!

Looking forward to hearing from you on this thread tomorrow!

:seeya:

For WS Poster Sarx:

Bowerman = Sheriff

Bowerman, however, said he's not convinced of an abduction, noting that no other campers were seen or heard in the area at the time of the disappearance. He also described the terrain as "steep and rugged" and said vehicles can reach the site but "the road is extremely rough."
http://790talknow.com/foxfeedspro/d...s-scour-wolf-den-reservoir-for-missing-child/
A lot of good info at that link.

" What happened during the 20 to 45 minutes the child was alone is a mystery to authorities, said Bowerman, who noted "all possibilities" are being investigated."

" Bowerman, however, said he's not convinced of an abduction, noting that no other campers were seen or heard in the area at the time of the disappearance. He also described the terrain as "steep and rugged" and said*vehicles can reach the site but "the road is extremely rough."

"We don't have any evidence that somebody kidnapped this child," he said."

It also said the vehicleS have been examined by police.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Crazy thought so take this as a grain of salt and too much Agatha Christie.
Some people do have cremains in their possession that don't mean anything to them anymore if they ever did. When your ex husband/wife left her 2nd cousin twice removed cremains when they moved out, you'd probably get rid of them.
Thinking along that line, could the cremains have been put in that specific place to confuse/stop the dogs and buy more time?
Stranger things have happened.
Weird but clues are so often overlooked with the easiest of explanations.

jmo and slightly embarrassed to think this:blushing:

I am sure there are more survivalist type people living in those areas in camps than you may think. Not just in ID but in many other wilderness filled states.

Believe, this is not where the homeless gather. You might see someone on a highway around there walking to somewhere they can survive, but there is no allure for them in this particular area.

Yes I think it's that simple too. I wish the word 'dumped' hadn't been used in association with the cremains - when people take the time to take them to a specific lake, river, mountain, beach or similar, they aren't 'dumping' anything. The ashes are probably being scattered in a meaningful way - if dumping was their intention, the bag or container and its contents could be disposed of in a much more convenient location.
I also don't think people decide where to cast their loved ones ashes on a whim either. There could be a good chance that the person/s involved had made their plans quite a while ago, and were oblivious to what was going on in the area.
The only photo I have seen of the lake search seemed to involve a group of individuals and several vehicles assembled at the narrow end of the lake (I think this is where it overlooks the camping area below) - again, the ashes could have been distributed on the water at any given time at a part of the lake where the search wasn't so obvious.

I cannot imagine putting anyones cremaines in this reservoir or any reservoir. Seems odd. However, I would never camp at this site either. I don't care for "roughing" it.

I agree. IMO, an odd thing to report/disclose to the public. It should automatically go without saying in the case of a missing child who, as time passes, there continues to be no trace of, that all parties who would have been with child at the campsite would have criminal background checks done.....in fact, to me it would be unusual if such checks were NOT done.

Agreed. I would think this would have been done early on in the investigation. Making the statement publicly just seems odd. Almost like they are planting the seed of deception with the public. Am I wrong to think that within the 10 days someone would have already checked the background of all the individuals involved? Timing just seems off.

Might seem odd to you but people generally spread cremains in a location that was a favorite place of the deceased, that carries special meaning. Perhaps whomever was putting cremains into the reservoir was doing so for a whole host of reasons: they and the deceased first met there at the reservoir "x" number of years ago, the deceased spent much time there fishing, that was the deceased's most favorite spot due to the beautiful surrounding scenery, etc. The location is generally one that only has significance to the deceased or their loved one whose disposing of the cremains - might not make sense to others to but to that person it does.

I cannot imagine putting anyones cremaines in this reservoir or any reservoir. Seems odd. However, I would never camp at this site either. I don't care for "roughing" it.

What are everyone's theories? My main ones are accidental drowning or wild animal carried him off. Why no trace of him, I don't know.

No trace=kidnapping by family/friend.

JMO

I hope so! Then there would be hope little Deorr is not deceased.

I thought he wandered into the creek. Its so close to the campsite. But surely they would have found him by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74