ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. Thanks for bringing this back up, I completely forgot about it and I believe that statement was leakage to some extent. IMO Deorr is likely buried on private property.

I think that's a strong possibility. Bury him on private property - their reasoning being that it's less likely to be searched, thus, believing / hoping that he's less likely to be found.

Does anyone else remember an interview in which Vernal mentioned when searching that he didn't care if he was trespassing or something like that? It seems like it was during the initial search (but I'm unsure whether it was before the 911 call or after LE and other searchers arrived).

The reason I ask is because I remember discussing this in relation to the "here's the problem, I drive a black truck", a loose quote from Vernal. I remember thinking why did he want that pointed out? So if anyone saw his black truck someplace unexpected he could explain it away? Or mentioning trespassing as he "searched" when he was actually in his black truck finding a place to hide little Deorr's body?

Just wondering about this, and if it plays into any timeline, however rough.

I can't stop thinking about the shot of that black truck on the side of the road, pulled over on a pull out, where there was someone walking up the road on the opposite side. I thought it was rather eerie. Is that shot still available ? Anyone?

Here it is. The cam shot is from July 9th 2015.
08-13-2015, 11:24 PM by rkf. Thread # 7 Post #828
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ground-10-July-2015-7&p=11999125#post11999125

attachment.php

Here it is. The cam shot is from July 9th 2015.
08-13-2015, 11:24 PM by rkf. Thread # 7 Post #828
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ground-10-July-2015-7&p=11999125#post11999125

attachment.php

Okay wow. I don't remember actually seeing this picture. So this is 1:31 pm Thursday. They called 911 after 2:00 right? What is the context of this picture? How close to the campground is this? I saw the original post and the pics all had time gaps. Is this one of those weather cameras that takes just 1 pic every 15 minutes or so? Or is this still from an actual video camera? That would make a big difference... if there's video you would think the cops had already reviewed it and eliminated it since nothing has happened. That's why I assume this must just be a camera that takes shots at random times?

Okay wow. I don't remember actually seeing this picture. So this is 1:31 pm Thursday. They called 911 after 2:00 right? What is the context of this picture? How close to the campground is this? I saw the original post and the pics all had time gaps. Is this one of those weather cameras that takes just 1 pic every 15 minutes or so? Or is this still from an actual video camera? That would make a big difference... if there's video you would think the cops had already reviewed it and eliminated it since nothing has happened. That's why I assume this must just be a camera that takes shots at random times?

The 911 call was the next day, on Friday, though. Supposedly they didn't arrive at Leadore until late Thursday (late enough that the Silver Dollar was no longer serving food). If they were actually there earlier in the day, that would be interesting, for lack of a better word. I have no idea if that is Vernal's truck, though - I also assume the police would have already examined all the web cam images. I hope cell phones pings are helping track their movements in the days leading up to the 911 call. It's all very curious.

The 911 call was the next day, on Friday, though. Supposedly they didn't arrive at Leadore until late Thursday (late enough that the Silver Dollar was no longer serving food). If they were actually there earlier in the day, that would be interesting, for lack of a better word. I have no idea if that is Vernal's truck, though - I also assume the police would have already examined all the web cam images. I hope cell phones pings are helping track their movements in the days leading up to the 911 call. It's all very curious.

Oh crap haha I totally spaced on the weekday. Haha.

Ya I can't tell if it's Vernal's truck either. That's why I'm curious how close to the campsite this is. Where did the original pic even come from to be connected to this case?

And I agree- the cell phone pings and call/text records hold a lot of the keys to this case.

Oh crap haha I totally spaced on the weekday. Haha.

Ya I can't tell if it's Vernal's truck either. That's why I'm curious how close to the campsite this is. Where did the original pic even come from to be connected to this case?

And I agree- the cell phone pings and call/text records hold a lot of the keys to this case.

It's from a highway web cam at Gilmore Summit, 16 miles south of Leadore. http://lb.511.idaho.gov/idlb/cameras/camera.jsf?id=7 Very early on, folks were looking at the images to see if there was any evidence of them coming or going, particularly when there was so much debate about whether they arrived on Thursday or Friday. Some claimed there were big chunks of time missing (with no images) and thought maybe the police had removed them from public viewing as potential evidence in the case.

It's from a highway web cam at Gilmore Summit, 16 miles south of Leadore. http://lb.511.idaho.gov/idlb/cameras/camera.jsf?id=7 Very early on, folks were looking at the images to see if there was any evidence of them coming or going, particularly when there was so much debate about whether they arrived on Thursday or Friday. Some claimed there were big chunks of time missing (with no images) and thought maybe the police had removed them from public viewing as potential evidence in the case.

Thank you for catching me up!! I must have missed that day. :)

Please move over to Thread #29

Thanks for alerting to let me know one was needed.

This thread will close now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members