ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #28

Discussion in 'DeOrr Kunz, Jr.' started by KayElJay, Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Apparition

The Apparition Somewhere in Time

I almost hesitate to wade in but I'm bored; as I recall the diaper hung in the tree was put out there "unofficially". In one of his chats I think Klein said no soiled diapers were ever found and the story of 1 being thrown away was a sideshow. It certainly doesn't seem like the kind of thing a distraught grandmother would decide she needed to do on day 1 of a search for her missing grandson. I could be confused as it gets hard to separate some of the details as they come out from various sources and often seem to change.

I agree with the general sentiment that it's a shame the area wasn't secured better, but I understand. I imagine most calls for missing children are actually legitimate and LE takes them at face value, if a toddler is wandering around the woods I certainly wouldn't want LE to spend time securing a crime scene. I assume there is some kind of general handling for cases like this where at least someone watches the main scene while the rest of LE goes about the business of searching.

2. giagreen

giagreen Well-Known Member

Actually it came back inconclusive which is way diffrent then a pass or fail.

Sent from my LGL82VL using Tapatalk

3. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Tricia did ask the sheriff about the diaper:

from the interview transcripts:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nce-**NO-DISCUSSION**&p=12319129#post12319129

4. Dee10

Dee10 Well-Known Member

Here it is in a black & white direct quote:

http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/idah...f-deorrs-death-has-to-be-a-homicide/266689540

5. rocket

rocket JLWOP Opponent and 16 Year Member

6. desert-blue

desert-blue Active Member

Yes, interesting isn't it?

(It's also interesting that after Bowerman came out and said he was unsure whether DeOrr was even at the campground, TBC changed her story, saying that what she threw away was not DeOrr's diaper, but her dad's Depends..... me thinks the diaper story may have been a fib..... MOO).

7. rocket

rocket JLWOP Opponent and 16 Year Member

she said she THOUGHT it was her dad's but then found out it was DeOrr's, IIRC

8. The Apparition

Link please.

I have read where she says it was inconclusive but not sure I've seen LE officially say it was inconclusive. I think we all know plenty of cases where various players let the public know how they "smoked" the poly or it was inconclusive only to find out the officials have a different opinion.

9. giagreen

Honestly she isn't even a suspect or a POI So I'm not sure why it even matters. She wasn't there. I refuse to drag an innocent grandmother of a missing child threw the mud. Have a good day.

10. ReadySet

ReadySet Well-Known Member

I agree. Besides, even if it was true, it isn't possible to mistake an adult diaper or Depends for a two year old's diaper.

11. Ekkwhine

Ekkwhine Member

I can't scroll back through pages nor quote (I think my Tapatalk is playing up) but in reply to ReadySet if a nappy (diaper) was rolled up then it's possible it was mistaken size wise unless it was opened? When I use disposables for the little one I roll it up tight then use the tabs to seal it closed. Granted they were a lot smaller when he was a newborn but he's three now and they're pretty big.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

12. ReadySet

ReadySet Well-Known Member

The whole diaper story doesn't pass the smell test, to me.

13. Ekkwhine

Ekkwhine Member

Well, as I said, I can't read back about the diaper story at the moment, am I right in thinking there was only one diaper for the whole time De'orr was supposedly there or is there something else?

The whole scenario doesn't smell right to me. Not in the slightest, but I was just throwing it out there re: diaper sizes.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

14. desert-blue

desert-blue Active Member

Yep, originally she said it was DeOrr's but a year later she says she thought it was her dad's. It's a little murky.

Below is her comment from Klein's July 6th FB post (it's still there). It's very interesting that earlier that same day, East Idaho News released their story where Bowerman made the following statement, “Not only am I not believing he was ever there, but I’m believing that we have a homicide.”

<modsnip>

For the first year that DeOrr was missing, she claimed she threw away DeOrr's soiled diaper (and used it as proof that DeOrr was at the campsite) and that she asked for permission before tossing it in the church's trash. Now she is saying she originally thought it was her dad's Depends? If she thought it was her dad's diaper, why on earth would she ask for permission to throw it away? And who exactly told her later it was DeOrr's diaper? It's very confusing. And, yes, the size and weight of the two would be vastly different, in my opinion. [MOO]

15. The Apparition

Well played! I am a fan of your work on other pages as well.
    I certainly wouldn't want to drag a non POI THROUGH the mud, I was just curious if there was actual proof that her poly was inconclusive. My natural inclination of course is to believe a grandmother who has raised such a fine daughter and was on the phone with said daughter numerous times throughout the day Deorr vanished. I am glad she was able to get up to the campsite so very, very quickly and help out her daughter in her time of need.

16. giagreen

She said it was inconclusive. No I don't think LE has said anything about it to back her up or call her out. I personally believe her.
    But I look at it this way if she was lying I think she would of been named at least a poi by now. Especially by Klien. He has no problems showing videos of her....had she not passed I think we would of heard by now as it's never seemed like LE or anyone ever hide the results.

17. courtfollower89

courtfollower89 Moderator in Training

Just something I want to point out. As a nursing assistant many years ago I've seem my fair share of depends.

GGP is not a skinny man from videos I've seen.
    How do you confuse a grown man's depends and a toddlers?

His would be GREATLY larger.
    So much so that it's obvious who's is who. A two year olds soiled diaper is not only lighter but would be wrapped. All depends I've seen look like underwear and are heavy when soiled.

18. ZooSleuth

ZooSleuth Former Member

My post wasn't meant to criticize LE for not treating it like a crime scene early enough. I was more so pointing out that I found it interesting that TBC asked for permission. I heard she works in the department of corrections, so maybe she was just aware that she should ask permission of LE before doing something like that. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt for now.

19. The Apparition

No doubt I am not trying to put that on you, I quoted you more for the purposes of the diaper in the tree. I have seen a couple of posts where people lamented that LE didn't treat the area like a crime scene earlier but I think almost everyone has been respectful of LE rather than trying to "blame" them. I tried to capture that same sentiment in my post as it really is a bad spot, they are called for a missing child but turns out the main campsite where tons of people are tramping around is a possible crime scene.

20. jessie

jessie Well-Known Member

Could someone explain what "the department of corrections" is please.

It is not a term used in the UK, but I'm guessing it has something to do with a correctional facility ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.