ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
omg...c'mon, really? This is solely my opinion after watching video...he doesn't look like he is all there either...he's slurring, he doesn't even open his eyes for most of the interview..hmmmm..wonder what makes a person act like that?

Being woken up from a sound sleep by an annoying reporter banging on your door?

If my friend's great-grandson had disappeared, my name had been spread all over SM, and a reporter banged on my door (waking me up) I would probably be angry (and sluggish from sleep). I'm impressed he even opened the door but maybe he realized he'd be listening to that banging all day if he didn't.

JMO.

Probably, lol. Just like I finally got my butt up out of bed at SIX A.M. this morning because my dog wouldn't stop rattling his crate. If I'd been interviewed at that time I'd be acting exactly like this. Only not as polite.

Almost as if he doesn't know but was told that. Would someone be willing to transcribe the conversation so we can look at it more?

That was my impression of "as far as I know". It was weird. He did respond in the affirmative that Deorr was with him and the GGF when he "disappeared", however.

I am sooo sick of this sheriff and his mind games. I am beginning to wonder if they are truly mind games or he is just in way over his head. Ridiculous. Saying parents are "good with me" BEFORE they even took a poly? Now, POI's? Now releasing the friend's name because of social media? IMO the reason they didn't release the friends name was because as the sheriff said...he was arrested for RAPE and it got pleaded down and now he doesn't have to register. Right, we left our kid with a mentally unstable old man and a rapist and they were the last people with him. Really? You know what parents do when their kids go missing? LOOK AT MARK KLAAS...that's what they do. That guy RAN to the police station to be poly'd so the police would officially eliminate him. I am so tired of all this politics, and pi***** contests between different LE's when there is a 2 year old missing and one of the last people to see him was senile and the other a rapist. And I don't buy into the...well, he wasn't convicted of rape, he was convicted of this. Just the fact that he was charged and indicted by a grand jury (meaning there was ample evidence that the GJ said take it to trial) means he's a rapist in my book. Good Lord...if the sheriff crumbled because of "social media" maybe everyone should keep up the social media posts..maybe then this boy will be found.

^^^ this!!

I can't make my mind up whether he's:
1. Just woken up
2. Drunk
3. Under the influence of a mind-altering substance other than alcohol
4. Mentally impaired

I agree -- any of those things seems possible! I will say, that I've been "just woken up" any number of times in my life, and by the time I made it to the door (or phone, or whatever had woken me up), I was a lot more with it than THAT!

If GGP is so hampered by health problems that he can't really be considered a witness, and THIS is the other person supposedly watching Little DeOrr...I don't see how either of their possible statements of events could be relied upon.

That video is scary. Is that guy on drugs? Seriously, he can hardly string together a sentence and his eyes are closed half the time. This does not bode well for Deorr I'm afraid. MOO, of course.

The reporter did say "early Monday morning." (I wonder what time IR usually wakes up.)

But why would this interview not bode well for Deorr?

If my friend's great-grandson had disappeared, my name had been spread all over SM, and a reporter banged on my door (waking me up) I would probably be angry (and sluggish from sleep). I'm impressed he even opened the door but maybe he realized he'd be listening to that banging all day if he didn't.

JMO.

Unless he has been living under a rock he had to have known this day would come. I am pretty sluggish and crabby when I wake up in the morning yet if I woke up to someone at my door and it ended up being a reporter I would for sure be able to pull myself together better than that...and, if I made the decision to open the door at all, I would have a pretty good idea of the questions that were going to come my way and how I was going to answer them. Unfortunately, this interview isn't going to do much to convince those on the fence that DeOrr wandered off on his own.

I tried to transcribe but I am too slow. I got some of it though. If someone else could check mine and fill in missing parts, that would be great!

Reporter (R): So he was just with you and the grandfather when he wandered away?

IR: mmm hmmm

R: Hi I’m x with East Idaho News.

IR: yeah i don’t have any questions, I’m sorry

R: You don’t have anything you want to say?

IR: uh as far as i know he just disappeared is all

R: He just disappeared. Did he wander away? Do you know, or?

IR: ?? I don’t have anything to say about it.

IR: Have you ever talked to the grandfather yet?

R: So he was just with you and the grandfather when he wandered away?

IR: Umm hmm

R: and you guys thought he was with the parents?

IR: yeah

R: and the parents came back and he was gone?

IR: umm hmm

)

Are you kidding? This guy and the great-grandfather with failing mental and physical health were left in charge of Deorr, according to his parents. That is downright scary.

The reporter did say "early Monday morning." (I wonder what time IR usually wakes up.)

Just my weigh in....I would not feel comfortable leaving an active two year old with either the ggp or IR. Jmo

You may be on to something there. After seeing the interview with the family friend, and how ridiculous he behaved, you know, acting as if he was about to fall asleep in the middle of the interview, I'm beginning to wonder just how much GGrandpa can actually remember.

It was stated very clearly that the GGrandpa had both physical and mental health issues. Was Grandpa possibly napping when Deorr disappeared?

I've never really bought into the 10 minute window because it contradicts the call to 911. "We were gone about 10 minutes, we searched for about 20 minutes.......he's been missing about an hour." The math doesn't add up.....
10 minutes + 20 minutes= 1 hour. I think the "exploring' number might be off by 20-25 minutes.

Sometimes you lose track of time when you are at a new camping spot, that's part of the beauty of going camping.....you don't really care what time it is. I've actually thought their timing was off all along, regardless of how or why he vanished. If he did walk away though, that added time would go a long way in explaining how he could have gotten pretty far out of visual and audio range during the parents walk.

Could a vehicle have left the campsite and returned without the parents knowing it ? If somebody needed to take a trip to the latrine, could it be done in 15 minutes? Would GGrandpa remember it ? Was he awake and lucid ?
I was thinking much farther away, driven by vehicle. Just a thought.

I don't recall LE ever releasing poly results in investigations.

They may not. I may be getting it confused with when the person who has taken the test (or someone in their camp) releases the results themselves (or what they purport to be the results).

I tried to transcribe but I am too slow. I got some of it though. If someone else could check mine and fill in missing parts, that would be great!

Reporter (R): So he was just with you and the grandfather when he wandered away?

IR: mmm hmmm

R: Hi I’m x with East Idaho News.

IR: yeah i don’t have any questions, I’m sorry

R: You don’t have anything you want to say?

IR: uh as far as i know he just disappeared is all

R: He just disappeared. Did he wander away? Do you know, or?

IR: ?? I don’t have anything to say about it.

IR: Have you ever talked to the grandfather yet?

R: So he was just with you and the grandfather when he wandered away?

IR: Umm hmm

R: and you guys thought he was with the parents?

IR: yeah

R: and the parents came back and he was gone?

IR: umm hmm

I get the sense that the reporter could have asked him if Deorr was snatched up by purple aliens and flew off towards the moon and he would have said, "umm, yeah."

Just posted on the Twin Falls Police Dept. agency FB page 31 min. ago. scroll down to comments. Twin Falls is at least 2 hours away from location of disappearance I believe.

https://www.facebook.com/twinfallssheriff?hc_location=ufi

Twin Falls Sheriff's Office Our Deputies returned after spending two long exhausting days searching the area on foot and with the aid of the drone, and other equipment that we took with us. Unfortunately, our search efforts were unsuccessful. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of

I can't make my mind up whether he's:
1. Just woken up
2. Drunk
3. Under the influence of a mind-altering substance other than alcohol
4. Mentally impaired

Possible, it could be a combination of all four. I couldn't help but wonder if he even had any clothes on. Sorry, but that's what I was thinking. This whole case is making me sick. That poor baby. :-(

Here's what I got:

Reporter: IR, Hi. How are you doing?

IR: I’m doing ok.

Reporter: So he was just with you and the grandfather when he wandered away?

IR: um-hum.

Reporter: I’m [Nate eden?] with East Idaho News.

IR: Yeah, I don’t have any questions. I’m sorry.

Reporter: You don’t have anything you want to say?

IR: No.

Reporter: Ok. Sorry to wake you. We just want to see if you have anything to say about DeOrr missing.

IR: I don’t.

Reporter: You don’t.

IR: [mumbles something I can’t make out]

Reporter: Can you tell us what happened up there?

IR: Umm…I don’t know. He just disappeared is all. So…

Reporter: He just disappeared? Did he wander away? You know?

IR: [again mumbles something that I can’t hear]

Reporter: A lot of people have heard from the family and everything. I know a lot of people want to hear from you and the grandfather.

IR: Have you ever talked to the grandfather, yet?

Reporter: I haven’t. So he was just with you and the grandfather when we wandered away?

IR: Um-hum.

Reporter: And you guys thought he was with the parents.

IR: [pause]…yeah

Reporter: And the parents came back and he was gone?

IR: um-hum.

Someone off-screen[Cameraman?]: Did you get our FaceBook message?

IR: I didn’t. I didn’t get you…youse gu…you guys Facebook message but…Ok so I don’t have…I don’t can’t…I don’t want to answer any more questions or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie