ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't there a mention of them purchasing 3 chargers on that trip? My memory is unreliable so perhaps I got it wrong?

Where or how would they be able to recharge the phones at the campsite? Doesn't it require a power supply?

Wasn't there a mention of them purchasing 3 chargers on that trip? My memory is unreliable so perhaps I got it wrong?

Where or how would they be able to recharge the phones at the campsite? Doesn't it require a power supply?

Yes, three chargers. Strange, huh? I guess they bought car chargers and charged them that way ?

I think the story that they had to go to town to get a charger for Jessica's phone was partly to cover for why they had no pics of him at the camp site. Can't take pics if your phone is dead!

IIRC (it's been awhile) I thought she was texting her mom about needing feminine products in town? So her phone was working.

I only remember that because at the time I thought, ugh, latrine toilets and no running water while on period.

Yes, three chargers. Strange, huh? I guess they bought car chargers and charged them that way ?

Well as strange as everything else. Why 3 chargers ? Mum, Dad and GGF maybe ?

Why would GGF need a charger (or working phone) since he was with 2 'responsible' adults with their own - apparently charged - phones ? Unlikely to be abandoned in the wilderness as that's when you might need it ?

I have so many, maybe unneccessary?, unanswered questions.

Well, the way we almost wound up buying three chargers a couple of years ago was one forgotten bag of electronics plus one old iphone with old plugin, one new iphone with new plugin, and one android tablet with a third plugin. Fortunately we found one with a USB base so we only had to buy one base plus three cords, but in a tiny town like that, they may have had to settle.

In no way defending them, but some of the details like that, if true, might not be related.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

A question and a comment... in the second interview Jessica says:

“I hold on to hope to anything,” Mitchell said. “I’m still going to pass our flyers and I’m still going to keep his face out there because I don’t have answers.”

I still follow Deorr's case but not as closely anymore so I may have missed this - has Jessica been passing out flyers all this time? I haven't heard that but may have missed it.

In both interviews Jessica stresses that it's about Deorr and not her or Vernal but yet in the first interview, starting at 7:00 the reporter asks her if Deorr is found and there is someone responsible for his disappearance does she want them held accountable. Her answer threw me for a loop. Paraphrasing, she basically talks about the impact it would have on her, and how he might "be a broken little boy." She goes on to say "He might be well taken care of, he might not be and that's something we have to consider and we might not get the same little boy back..."

http://www.ktvb.com/mb/news/local/full-interview-with-jessica-mitchell-deorr-s-mother/456234929

It's really hard for me, as a mother and grandmother, to understand such words from another mother whose child is missing. I understand her thoughts going to the "what if" Deorr had been been in someone's custody for all this time but (JMO) it seems like the focus was on him coming back "broken."

It's difficult to express this clearly, I guess I'm saying I expected her answer to such a question to be more along the lines of "Give me 15 minutes with the @#$&*#" or "Anyone who would do such a thing should be drawn and quartered" Know what I mean? Her answer was (IMO) flat and emotionless and that makes me think she knows Deorr isn't alive.

MOO.

"Broken little boy"...that's what would be called "leakage" in statement analysis...

"Broken little boy"...that's what would be called "leakage" in statement analysis...

Yes! I had spotted that as well. He could have rolled down one of those hills, or been struck by family there. Somehow he ended up broken. I could see the misery on the mother's face. Like she's exhausted. Was this all a terrible accident? Family panics and tries to.cover up an accidental death?

MOO

RIP DeOrr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Snipped for focus, on the bolded part)
...In both interviews Jessica stresses that it's about Deorr and not her or Vernal but yet in the first interview, starting at 7:00 the reporter asks her if Deorr is found and there is someone responsible for his disappearance does she want them held accountable. Her answer threw me for a loop. Paraphrasing, she basically talks about the impact it would have on her, and how he might "be a broken little boy." She goes on to say "He might be well taken care of, he might not be and that's something we have to consider and we might not get the same little boy back..."

http://www.ktvb.com/mb/news/local/full-interview-with-jessica-mitchell-deorr-s-mother/456234929

I was struck more by the way she talks about him being taken care of. That's when I started to think it's really possible that she/they sold him.

Yes! I had spotted that as well. He could have rolled down one of those hills, or been struck by family there. Somehow he ended up broken. I could see the misery on the mother's face. Like she's exhausted. Was this all a terrible accident? Family panics and tries to.cover up an accidental death?

MOO

RIP DeOrr

Yes, this is my belief (accidental death). I feel that - despite the lies - there is genuine grief there from both parents and whatever happened, they both feel equally culpable (which is why both are covering something up). Perhaps little DeOrr genuinely did go missing for a little while due to negligence, but when they found him, it was too late :-(. I wish they'd fess up now though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know the chances are small, but maybe the eclipse chasers will come across something?

MOO

RIP DeOrr

I was struck more by the way she talks about him being taken care of. That's when I started to think it's really possible that she/they sold him.

Yes, this is my belief (accidental death). I feel that - despite the lies - there is genuine grief there from both parents and whatever happened, they both feel equally culpable (which is why both are covering something up). Perhaps little DeOrr genuinely did go missing for a little while due to negligence, but when they found him, it was too late :-(. I wish they'd fess up now though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree, there are so many possibilities. And still no answers, so sad. :(

Little DeOrr,
I look in here every day and search your name every day. You are not forgotten. xx. Somebody knows.

According to Klein's FB, they are no longer making anymore statements regarding Deorr's case for "obvious reasons". Interesting, what are the obvious reasons.

According to Klein's FB, they are no longer making anymore statements regarding Deorr's case for "obvious reasons". Interesting, what are the obvious reasons.

The impression I got was that there were troll types bothering them, I don't know. He also implied they had been to Idaho recently.

Since looking at Klein's page, I decided to look at one of the FB pages about Deorr, something I hadn't done in probably a year. The one I looked at, which is open to the public, had VDK posting, answering questions. His posts were about a month ago. He said some things I'd never heard before, defended himself, called people names and generally insulted people. He did have quite a few people on there defending him. SM so take it as rumor.
Interesting.

Where there is smoke, usually fire...hoping they implode over time and someone tells the truth.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

[FONT=&quot]Lemhi County including the city of Salmon is under a winter storm warning, and a special weather alert calling for up to two inches of snow has been issued for the St. Anthony, Ashton, Island Park, Driggs, Victor, Arco, Dubois, Spencer and Mackay areas.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Lemhi County's higher elevations could see up to 8 inches of snow while up to 2 inches could fall in the county's lowlands, the National Weather Service reported.

http://idahostatejournal.com/news/l...cle_57134a1d-4c6d-59e8-9857-bef6abd7930c.html

[/FONT]

MOO

RIP DeOrr

JMO
Those were two main theories that I contemplated too. Either some sort of accident or maybe given or sold to a family that could better take care of him.

For the accident theory the alleged broken down camper/trailer on the way to camping was a spot where an accident could have happened if the boy was not being watched carefully while they had to stop on side of highway and fix the camper/trailer.

Or an accident in the campground itself. Unless the boy was being watched carefully there are accidents that could happen if he got near the water or fire or lost through the night and died of exposure and found by them.

But something keeps bringing me to the theory that something happened and was arranged even before they left to go camping.

Here is why.
The whole rushing to go camping did not seem to be planned hardly at all. If I remember right one of them was not even into camping or fishing that much.

And it just did not make any sense to go camping to a place that the parents had never been before.

And they even get a person to go with them that they had never even met before.
The friend was not their friend and they did not know him.

So none of the way the trip was planned seemed like an innocent camping trip to me. None of it.

It seemed more like a rush to go camping as an excuse to go there for some other purpose. Which all takes me to a theory that either some accident happened in the days before they left or they had decided to meet with someone that could take care of the boy for keeps. Whether it be for money or just that they felt the other people would be better parents and they were not ready to be parents.

Nobody knows for sure what really happened to poor DeOrr.
I hope the whole truth comes out someday.
Prayers for little DeOrr.

Makes me sad to think that the snow is coming again, and maybe no more chance to find him for a long while. :cry:

JMO
Those were two main theories that I contemplated too. Either some sort of accident or maybe given or sold to a family that could better take care of him.

For the accident theory the alleged broken down camper/trailer on the way to camping was a spot where an accident could have happened if the boy was not being watched carefully while they had to stop on side of highway and fix the camper/trailer.

Or an accident in the campground itself. Unless the boy was being watched carefully there are accidents that could happen if he got near the water or fire or lost through the night and died of exposure and found by them.

But something keeps bringing me to the theory that something happened and was arranged even before they left to go camping.

Here is why.
The whole rushing to go camping did not seem to be planned hardly at all. If I remember right one of them was not even into camping or fishing that much.

And it just did not make any sense to go camping to a place that the parents had never been before.

And they even get a person to go with them that they had never even met before.
The friend was not their friend and they did not know him.

So none of the way the trip was planned seemed like an innocent camping trip to me. None of it.

It seemed more like a rush to go camping as an excuse to go there for some other purpose. Which all takes me to a theory that either some accident happened in the days before they left or they had decided to meet with someone that could take care of the boy for keeps. Whether it be for money or just that they felt the other people would be better parents and they were not ready to be parents.

Nobody knows for sure what really happened to poor DeOrr.
I hope the whole truth comes out someday.
Prayers for little DeOrr.

Thanks for weighing in, Hatfield. Excellent thoughts, and I totally agree with all of these possible theories. I do not believe they just went on an innocent camping trip, and little Deorr just happened to wander away. One of these best explains it, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998