ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
how easy would it be for the lion to carry DeOrr off?

I think the dad took him fishing....put him under water and piled rocks on top of him.

I have wondered if mom or dad or both had blocked off a part of the creek dug a hole, put rocks on top then undammed it so it looked unsuspicious?

I don't know if it's possible but they did SOMETHING to get rid of him. :(

However, I’ve often thought it’s possible he was never really at that camp site, and whatever happened was at another location. Maybe somewhere around the Snake River. So maybe there he could have been buried under rocks, or elsewhere.
I also lean to the theory that he never even made it up to the campsite. It's been a while since I followed this, and only check in now and again, but IIRC, they had only one or two hits on his scent at all. If he was moving about and around as a young toddler does there would have been more scent to pick up.

I wonder why the grandpa and friend are covering for them? Are they both afraid they might 'disappear' too? Or are they just trying to keep DeOrr's folks out the big house?[/QUOTE]

I am not sure what the friend gets out of it, but grandpa has said, "what is done is done". He knows.

I wonder why the grandpa and friend are covering for them? Are they both afraid they might 'disappear' too? Or are they just trying to keep DeOrr's folks out the big house?

I am not sure what the friend gets out of it, but grandpa has said, "what is done is done". He knows.

I tend to think he knows too, and it seemed to me that he was on the verge of disclosing what happened . What a shame he didn’t. No sure what IR knows or what he would gain by not telling, unless he and they were doing something illegal when it happened.

I wonder why the grandpa and friend are covering for them? Are they both afraid they might 'disappear' too? Or are they just trying to keep DeOrr's folks out the big house?

I haven't followed this for quote a while, and don't remember seeing that "quote" before. But grandpa's statement would lead me to believe he thinks the death was an accident and he doesn't want to involve LE. Plenty of my extended family (living in the holler) might fall into that mindset.

Edited to fix quote

Edited to also that that likely plenty of people NOT living in the holler could fall into that mindset. (not that I agree, because accident could also mean gross negligence)

I haven't followed this for quote a while, and don't remember seeing that "quote" before. But grandpa's statement would lead me to believe he thinks the death was an accident and he doesn't want to involve LE. Plenty of my extended family (living in the holler) might fall into that mindset.

Edited to fix quote

Edited to also that that likely plenty of people NOT living in the holler could fall into that mindset. (not that I agree, because accident could also mean gross negligence)
It was no doubt more than just an accident, otherwise they wouldn't have gone to such lengths to cover it up. If not homicide, then as you say, at least gross negligence. Probably drugs / alcohol involved.
I guess GGP doesn’t care to differentiate, maybe he finds it easier to pretend , maybe he’s even convinced himself that it was just an accident. I won’t come out and say what I really think, except, there are sure no heroes in that bunch. Just ask little Deorr. :(

I've just finished reading a book called The Child Finder by Rene Denfeld set in the wilds of Oregon and it made me think about DeOrr and all the other kids who go missing in the great outdoors. The author is a real life investigator and therapeutic foster parent and although the book is fiction (and a bit dark/uncomfortable in places) it really resonated with me having followed cases like this one. I'd really recommend it. Hope someone decides to try it!

I've just finished reading a book called The Child Finder by Rene Denfeld set in the wilds of Oregon and it made me think about DeOrr and all the other kids who go missing in the great outdoors. The author is a real life investigator and therapeutic foster parent and although the book is fiction (and a bit dark/uncomfortable in places) it really resonated with me having followed cases like this one. I'd really recommend it. Hope someone decides to try it!
Thanks for the recommendation, just bought it!

That FB page is not an approved blog and the post with link has been removed. Let's try to find MSM to back up the possible news about Grandpa. I haven't found any yet but hopefully someone else can.

Thanks.

Dennis DeOrr Kunz
JULY 21, 1945 ~ JANUARY 3, 2019 (AGE 73)
OBITUARY

Dennis "DeOrr" Kunz was born on July 21, 1945, to Vernal DeOrr and Mary Mildred Smedley Kunz, in Montpelier, Idaho. He died on January 3, 2019 at his home in Montpelier, ID.

DeOrr was the oldest son of 5 children. He was raised most of his years in the Bear Lake Valley where he graduated from high school in 1963. DeOrr was a very talented artist which led him to a career in automotive upholstery and bodywork. He took great pride in the work he did and the finished product was always impeccable. DeOrr was a free spirit which provided him the opportunity to move around and share his talent with others. He met a lot of friends along the way. He had a heart of gold and would go out of his way to help others.

DeOrr's greatest love in life was his children and grandchildren. Each had a very special place in his heart.

DeOrr is survived by his children: Twins- Tanisha O'Neal (Ryan) Tompkins, Idaho Falls, ID and Vernal DeOrr Kunz of Montpelier, ID. Grandchildren: Rylynn O'Neal Tompkins, DeOrr Jay Kunz (missing), Bella May Kunz, and RJ Sherwood. Also surviving are his 4 siblings: Margo (Larry) Nate, SLC, Utah, Lonnie (Felicia) Kunz, Las Vegas, NV, Larry (Penny) Kunz, Logan, UT and Ricki (Jill) Kunz of Montpelier, ID.

DeOrr was preceded in death by his daughter Traci Kunz Sherwood, Sister-in-law LaRae Kunz, parents Vernal DeOrr and Mary Mildred Smedley Kunz, Paternal and Maternal grandparents and numerous aunts, uncles and cousins.

A memorial service will be held on Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at Schwab-Matthews Mortuary. Visitation is from 10-11:00. Service begins at 11:00am.

Obituary for Dennis DeOrr Kunz | Schwab Matthews Mortuary

Hmmm. I had read way back, I don't know where so take it as rumor, that Vernal did have another child he found out about after they had Deorr Jr.

I don't think I'd realised that Vernal & Tanisha were twins, nor that there had been another daughter, Traci (EDIT she was a half sibling who did not grow up with V&T). Is Bella Vernal's child?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie