ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #31

Discussion in 'DeOrr Kunz, Jr.' started by sillybilly, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Pattyhamilton

Pattyhamilton New Member

I have wondered if mom or dad or both had blocked off a part of the creek dug a hole, put rocks on top then undammed it so it looked unsuspicious?

I don't know if it's possible but they did SOMETHING to get rid of him. :(

2. Russian Blue

Russian Blue Active Member

I also lean to the theory that he never even made it up to the campsite. It's been a while since I followed this, and only check in now and again, but IIRC, they had only one or two hits on his scent at all. If he was moving about and around as a young toddler does there would have been more scent to pick up.

3. Russian Blue

Russian Blue Active Member

I wonder why the grandpa and friend are covering for them? Are they both afraid they might 'disappear' too? Or are they just trying to keep DeOrr's folks out the big house?[/QUOTE]

I am not sure what the friend gets out of it, but grandpa has said, "what is done is done". He knows.

4. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

I tend to think he knows too, and it seemed to me that he was on the verge of disclosing what happened . What a shame he didn’t. No sure what IR knows or what he would gain by not telling, unless he and they were doing something illegal when it happened.

5. iluvmua

iluvmua Well-Known Member

Im not sure IR knows anything. He is the fall guy.

They know he can easily be manipulated. Jmo.

mtnlites, La Louve, gliving and 5 others like this.
  6. NervousNellie

NervousNellie Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I haven't followed this for quote a while, and don't remember seeing that "quote" before. But grandpa's statement would lead me to believe he thinks the death was an accident and he doesn't want to involve LE. Plenty of my extended family (living in the holler) might fall into that mindset.

Edited to fix quote

Edited to also that that likely plenty of people NOT living in the holler could fall into that mindset. (not that I agree, because accident could also mean gross negligence)

La Louve, travelbug, Elle*Bee and 5 others like this.
  7. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

It was no doubt more than just an accident, otherwise they wouldn't have gone to such lengths to cover it up. If not homicide, then as you say, at least gross negligence. Probably drugs / alcohol involved.
    I guess GGP doesn’t care to differentiate, maybe he finds it easier to pretend , maybe he’s even convinced himself that it was just an accident. I won’t come out and say what I really think, except, there are sure no heroes in that bunch. Just ask little Deorr. :(

8. renarde

renarde Well-Known Member

Today is DeOrr's sixth birthday.

9. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

Happy Birthday DeOrr ❤️

I hope you get to come home soon :(

10. charminglane

charminglane Helcat!

We are always thinking of you, Sweetheart.

11. Catmammy

Catmammy Opinionated and Owning It

May your birthday present be justice

12. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

I've just finished reading a book called The Child Finder by Rene Denfeld set in the wilds of Oregon and it made me think about DeOrr and all the other kids who go missing in the great outdoors. The author is a real life investigator and therapeutic foster parent and although the book is fiction (and a bit dark/uncomfortable in places) it really resonated with me having followed cases like this one. I'd really recommend it. Hope someone decides to try it!

13. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

Thanks for the recommendation, just bought it!

14. CoverMeCagney

Arrrgh, no pressure on me! Hope you like it!

15. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

That FB page is not an approved blog and the post with link has been removed. Let's try to find MSM to back up the possible news about Grandpa. I haven't found any yet but hopefully someone else can.

Thanks.

La Louve, Jim_M, kai and 6 others like this.
  16. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

Watching Missing 411, again..

Thinking of you DeOrr.

Pipsissiway_Potts and Jim_M like this.
  17. CoverMeCagney

Dennis DeOrr Kunz
    JULY 21, 1945 ~ JANUARY 3, 2019 (AGE 73)
    OBITUARY

Dennis "DeOrr" Kunz was born on July 21, 1945, to Vernal DeOrr and Mary Mildred Smedley Kunz, in Montpelier, Idaho. He died on January 3, 2019 at his home in Montpelier, ID.

DeOrr was the oldest son of 5 children. He was raised most of his years in the Bear Lake Valley where he graduated from high school in 1963. DeOrr was a very talented artist which led him to a career in automotive upholstery and bodywork. He took great pride in the work he did and the finished product was always impeccable. DeOrr was a free spirit which provided him the opportunity to move around and share his talent with others. He met a lot of friends along the way. He had a heart of gold and would go out of his way to help others.

DeOrr's greatest love in life was his children and grandchildren. Each had a very special place in his heart.

DeOrr is survived by his children: Twins- Tanisha O'Neal (Ryan) Tompkins, Idaho Falls, ID and Vernal DeOrr Kunz of Montpelier, ID. Grandchildren: Rylynn O'Neal Tompkins, DeOrr Jay Kunz (missing), Bella May Kunz, and RJ Sherwood. Also surviving are his 4 siblings: Margo (Larry) Nate, SLC, Utah, Lonnie (Felicia) Kunz, Las Vegas, NV, Larry (Penny) Kunz, Logan, UT and Ricki (Jill) Kunz of Montpelier, ID.

DeOrr was preceded in death by his daughter Traci Kunz Sherwood, Sister-in-law LaRae Kunz, parents Vernal DeOrr and Mary Mildred Smedley Kunz, Paternal and Maternal grandparents and numerous aunts, uncles and cousins.

A memorial service will be held on Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at Schwab-Matthews Mortuary. Visitation is from 10-11:00. Service begins at 11:00am.

Obituary for Dennis DeOrr Kunz | Schwab Matthews Mortuary

jessie, La Louve, renarde and 13 others like this.
  18. CoverMeCagney

I don't think I'd realised that Vernal & Tanisha were twins, nor that there had been another daughter, Traci (EDIT she was a half sibling who did not grow up with V&T). Is Bella Vernal's child?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  19. ReadySet

ReadySet Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I had read way back, I don't know where so take it as rumor, that Vernal did have another child he found out about after they had Deorr Jr.

20. SubtleGrace

SubtleGrace Zaylee Rose born 1/2/11. In loving memory of Zahr

What will Grandpa's passing do to the lawsuit I wonder?

byo and HayLouise like this.