ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #4

Discussion in 'DeOrr Kunz, Jr.' started by bessie, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiredblondy

tiredblondy Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I think he meant!

2. nervous_nellie

nervous_nellie Carpe Noctem

Thanx! I learn something every day, I have never heard of this before...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malapropism

A malapropism (also called a Dogberryism) is the use of an incorrect word in place of a word with a similar sound (which is often a paronym), resulting in a nonsensical, often humorous utterance. An example isYogi Berra's statement: "Texas has a lot of electrical votes,"[SUP][1][/SUP] rather than "electoral votes".

more at link...

3. rkf

rkf Inactive

Like he didn't want to commit to anything because he might be accused of something or found lacking. I think that's my impression.

4. Hoosier952

Hoosier952 Well-Known Member

When I heard the interview, I assumed he meant the blanket wasn't a replica, it was DeOrr's blanket, the same one he carries around every day. I'm not sure if Sr. was talking so much because he didn't trust JM to say the right things, was trying to make sure their stories were the same, or if he's just talkative and maybe a bit dominant over JM.

I just keep thinking with as many holes as there were in that interview, I'm sure LE has their work cut out.

I'm wondering if LE told them they might be better off staying out of the media spotlight for now?

5. Jules71

Jules71 Well-Known Member

Yay! Thank you for telling us what that is called. I knew it was a real thing in speech but could not recall what the word was.

mal•a•prop•ism*(ˈmæl ə prɒpˌɪz əm)*

n.

1.*a confused use of words in which an appropriate word is replaced by one with similar sound but ludicrously inappropriate meaning.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

6. takeitfromme412

takeitfromme412 New Member

I've been wondering WHY the cops didn't take custody of that blanket... any missing kid case a blanket the baby carries, its at the scene of the last known location, its evidence!

7. rkf

rkf Inactive

BBM

So what is the first reason or other reasons that lead them to believe DeOrr was kidnapped, other than the fact that he's (obviously) not there?
    Reasons to believe DeOrr was kidnapped:
    1. He didn't take his favorite things when he disappeared. Could he have taken his blanket and monkey? Were they in the truck? Could he have gone in search of them?

8. Jules71

Thats a good question and wouldn't the dog handlers have taken it? Or do they just let the dogs sniff it and then that's it.

9. nervous_nellie

I had not thought of that, but your right! I wonder what they used for the scent dogs?

10. nervous_nellie

Ok Jules, I think we are starting to jinx each other...lol

11. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

It's rocket appliances!

12. TxJan1971

TxJan1971 Well-Known Member

13. Jules71

Oh my gosh I almost just posted that you are in my head! Crazy weird. Lol. Ya know what they say.... great minds!

14. rkf

rkf Inactive

That is hypersensitive. If there's an easy explanation (He always has his blanket. He disappeared without taking it. We think if he walked away on his own, he would have taken his blanket. Since he left it, I'm holding on to it because it makes me feel close to my son.) why not just explain it simply and in a straight forward manner. No need to try to use an unfamiliar vocabulary. Why treat every question as if it is a vicious rumor? I hadn't thought of that being the reason to address the blanket like that until you guys posted it. That would mean that a huge part of their interview was just about addressing "rumors" that aren't even rumors. Even if it was a replica, because LE needed the original or whatever, why would anyone care and why would DK and JM care what other people thought about it? I don't get it.

I should add, if people lie about something, even if it's inconsequential, it takes on more importance. If the family lied about whether it was his actual blanket, that would have significance to me. But clinging to an identical blanket to the one their child carried, what does that have to do with DeOrr's disappearance?

15. starfire

starfire New Member

Yep. The reporter should have jumped on that and asked if the police had figured out who the man and blonde boy were, if the clerk was shown pics of Deorr Sr. and Jr. and was certain it was some other people she saw, etc.

16. rkf

rkf Inactive

The epitome of a security blanket?

17. nervous_nellie

Exactly. Its not like DeOrr would have said to a kidnapper: Hang on, let me grab my blankie....

not having his monkey/blanket would not cause me to think he had been abducted because where else could he have gone by himself with these items?

18. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

He was missing, and maybe as others have said parents think abduction because it gives them hope their child is still alive.

19. IDTater

IDTater Member

I agree with everything you said. I don't think my proposed theory that there was never a reported store sighting at all, hence the "rumor," made sense but the idea popped in my head (full disclosure: I'm drinking wine) and I wanted to flesh it out a bit but I can't wrap my head around why that would make sense. Especially since, as you point out, DK seems to want to sell us on his version of the store situation rather than suggest that the store sighting didn't occur at all.

I just don't know. But I want to know.

20. Dee10

Dee10 Well-Known Member

I just got done re-listening and (I believe) he said "this represents an exact replica of a... security blanket (pause) for everybody this is his actual blanket."

ETA - the blanket is not missing or is it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.