ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

Discussion in 'DeOrr Kunz, Jr.' started by bessie, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catswhiskers

catswhiskers Active Member

I've noticed that little DeOrr doesn't seem to be holding his blanket, mug or monkey in the many photos available now. I really don't think his parents meant it so literally - that he never has them out of his hands. I took it to mean that they went with him on outings, holidays, sleepovers, etc. - not that he is clutching all 3 favorites at all times.

2. Selah84

Selah84 Active Member

Does anyone remember the name of the company who ran the thermal imaging helicopter in the search?

3. Hippiemomof5

Hippiemomof5 Well-Known Member

It seems odd to me that she has such a specific time in her mind but it's wrong. Why isn't she just saying "around 2:30" if she doesn't really know? What makes her think she knows exactly?

4. Hippiemomof5

Hippiemomof5 Well-Known Member

My first thought was they had more than one blanket, which isn't uncommon when a kid has a favorite, a second is bought for wash day or in case the original is lost. The mom has the "extra" one, not the original. I'm not sure how much sense that makes though, because where's the original then and why wouldn't he say that?

I find it highly improbable that during a time of such heartache for a family that a business would contact them and say "when you get in front of the media, please be sure to shut down the rumors about your job." That just wouldn't happen.

5. nervous_nellie

nervous_nellie Carpe Noctem

I'm pretty sure you can hear DKs call come in while listening to hers...I don't know if the exact minute can be figured out though..

6. white rabbit

white rabbit Well-Known Member

is there a written transcript somewhere of the parents' interview? not a video...TIA!

7. nervous_nellie

thank you, for some reason I have not been able to convey this, lol...but yes, why was he not given his blanket/monkey when he got out of the truck?

8. nervous_nellie

I thought that there was one, check in the first posts of the threads with all the media/timeline stuff...I know there have been bits and pieces in posts, I dont know how you would find those....

9. white rabbit

white rabbit Well-Known Member

thanks Nellie!

10. Alii

Alii New Member

Could EMT bag be em teabag?

11. nervous_nellie

it is possible. could be:

empty bag

emt bag

a tea bag

all I feel sure of is that it is a BAG of some sort, but I don't know why this bag is important other than if it too was missing...

12. Jamaica Me Crazy

Jamaica Me Crazy Former Member

I couldn't make out the words. All I heard for certain was "bag." Most people are saying "EMT bag." Is there a store that is known by the initials EMT? Is there a tea company called EM Tea?

13. mommylicious

mommylicious Well-Known Member

12. What's the story on the empty/EMT bag?

14. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Because he was napping with it in the truck when the parents left for their walk?

15. nervous_nellie

that is what I am thinking...does this mean that he either got out of the truck on his own or was taken out by someone? Then why the story of GGP watching him and turning away for 4 minutes? Where was IR I wonder?

16. pepelepolecat

pepelepolecat Member

If he was in the truck napping, then he really wasn't being watched (physically watched) by anyone. GGPA and IR might have been sorta kinda in charge of the campsite, but the little guy napping in the truck makes things a little different (imo, moo). Essentially, he could've awakened and toddled off, not wanted to fall asleep (exciting campground! stuff to do!) and toddled off, overheated and toddled off -- all without anyone noticing because he was believed to be napping in the truck. Which basically brings my thoughts full circle -- where on earth is he physically? I struggle to believe a little guy that young could survive out there this long without at least a little help, but I'd really like to think that IF he wandered off -- a big if at this point --, he's figuring stuff out okay and that's why he's been so hard to find. Because he's moving rather than sitting still.

17. SunsetGirl

SunsetGirl Member

I listened to the interview just now and the dad starts with saying 2:26 then looks to mom who says it was 2:36 when she called.

Just my observations/thoughts ... for anyone who has experienced sheer panic/anxiety - weird things (such as the time a call was made) become stuck in your mind. I don't know why that happens but it does. She may have looked at that time stamp a million times while waiting for help to arrive.

Also, the time on her cell phone may have been manually programmed instead of automatically set. Although mine sets automatically, it doesn't always match the time on TV or on other people's phones. I just never bother to set it based on the most accurate clock in the world because it's okay with me if it's off a few minutes.

18. mommylicious

mommylicious Well-Known Member

Assuming he had his car seat buckled and fell asleep on the way back to camp, I don't see parents risking waking him by unbuckling if they're just going to let him sleep in truck. If that's the case, I really don't think he'd be able to get himself out. I'm not sure he'd be able to even if he wasn't buckled. My little one will be 3 in October, is on the smaller side and cannot get herself out of my car. He'd have to sneakily open the door far enough to comfortably climb out, without it closing on him, drop to the ground and wander off (without taking his favorites with him) without anyone noticing. I can't explain why the blanket was left in truck within TOS but don't think he was left in truck and climbed out.

I'd love to know more about where IR, GGPA and little DeOrr were when mom and dad went for walk. We're they sitting around the fire with little DeOrr playing next to them? Were they in a tent? And what's the relationship between IR and GGPA?? Seems an odd pairing. As a parent, I just can't imagine leaving my little one, awake or asleep, with a GGPA whose mental and physical limitations are so severe he couldn't possibly be a suspect and a guy you've only just met. So many questions and so few "real" answers.

19. wondering25

wondering25 New Member

There is a photo at the top of this thread.. was it taken when Deorr was at the campsite? Outfit is different than described, if so.

20. Jamaica Me Crazy

Jamaica Me Crazy Former Member

I believe it was the reporter that said no pictures were taken at the campsite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.