ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

Discussion in 'DeOrr Kunz, Jr.' started by bessie, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Nope. I've been sleuthing for years. Respectfully, I'm not going to spend hours going back over old newspaper articles to prove to you what I know. Either you believe me or you don't. People who have known me on here for awhile know I can always back up what I say and I don't lie.

2. SeriouslySearching

SeriouslySearching Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I don't know why there is such a difference between the sites on the temps there. Hard to know which one to believe. Maybe a jacket at 65, but almost 75?

3. Jules71

Jules71 Well-Known Member

From parents interview:

I: tell me about the blanket.
    Jessica: this is his blanket. He doesn't go anywhere without his blanket, his cup, or his monkey, and all three of them were left at the campground. And since he..
    D: All three has to be with him.
    J: Yes.
    D: He will trip over them if he has to, but they are going with him, and this is the first time since he's been born, pretty much, that he's been without these things...and that's another reason why we were wondering.
    J: Yes, because this is the blanket that we brought him home in from the hospital, this is his, this is what comforts him and at all times.*
    D: This is an exact replica of a security blanket, for everybody this is his actual blanket - he does not go anywhere without it, that's our other concern of why.
    J: Yeah, and I..

^^^^This is why the blanket is a big deal to people. His parents stressed he would not voluntarily go off without it. It is why they feel something is not right.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

4. starfire

starfire Member

For what it's worth, this site says the low temp was 52 and the high temp 69 in Leadore on 7/10 (and it was partly cloudy).
    http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/l/83464:4:US

It can be much cooler in a forest and/or at higher elevations. It did not appear that the campsite was shaded.

5. LayzeeDayzee

LayzeeDayzee Well-Known Member

Still have to ask........again.........has there been any independent 3rd party who can 100% verify that little Deorr was for sure ever at the campsite to begin with? How come I have not read about any other campers assumed to be at the campsite that weekend having been interviewed?.......and to verify that they did in fact see him there?

How do we know for certain that the man in the black truck with the 'filthy, bawling' little blonde boy WAS in fact Deorr and his Dad?

I can't help but think that the reason that nobody can find any trace of little Deorr at the campsite (clothing, blood, remains, etc) is that he was never there to begin with. It's been reported that GGF had physical and cognitive health issues so say he's someone with dementia or alzheimer's, he very likely wouldn't be able to confirm with 100% certainty that little Deorr was out there with him. And having seen the video of IR, well who's to say he could reliably state for sure that little Deorr was out there? I don't want to hear from those directly related to little Deorr, I want to hear from someone else who's unrelated to them/the situation/the family............someone else at the campsite that Friday, who can say for certain that they DID see little Deorr there.

6. starfire

starfire Member

I'm sorry. I didn't see your post before I posted pretty much the exact same thing (not that these threads didn't already have a massive amount of almost-duplicate posts! lol)

7. starfire

starfire Member

Nope, it sounds like all we have are Jessica, Deorr Sr and Isaac....."as far as I know".

We don't even know if the GGF confirmed that he saw Deorr that day.

I did read somewhere that LE interviewed everyone at the campground that day (the 10th) and the only other people were an "elderly couple". Not sure if they were camping at the upper campground (or camping at all) and there's no word on what they said. They may have been involved in the cremains-scattering at the reservoir, not sure. There are only 2 campsites at the lower campground where little Deorr and family were camping, 5 campsites in the upper.

8. verbonica

verbonica Well-Known Member

Just for further info, Timber Creek Campground is listed at 7664' elevation, and Leadore is 6000', so it would definitely be colder up where they were camping.

https://www.campendium.com/timber-creek-reservoir
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leadore,_Idaho

9. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

It would be totally negligent to not investigate all angles.

10. Openminded

Openminded Well-Known Member

I'm behind, and trying to catch up, but I believe the posts are still there (or at least they were when I checked about an hour ago).

There certainly are a lot of accusations flying over there. SM is not for the timid apparently (I'm not a FB user and now I know why I've avoided it).

11. leep

leep Active Member

I don't get this it was posted from her(JM) mother's own account how can that be anybody else's posts, its only here we can't hold it with any value but any other situation you would accept it no.

12. wondering25

wondering25 New Member

Why would you hold on to a dirty diaper for 2/3 days? If someone thought it was evidence she would have handed it over for dna or whatever.. so this is just extremely odd.. and wouldnt a dirty diaper left at the scene throw the dogs off as to baby's scent? jmo

13. Mickshawn

Mickshawn Active Member

I wonder if this is what happened...

1.) DeOrr starts with GGP at the campsite
    2.) Parents walked off to explore
    3.) GGP actually watched DeOrr walk in the direction of his parents
    4.) GGP kept looking up, kept seeing him and then....he was out of sight, so he assumed he went to catch up to his parents???

14. ILOKAL

ILOKAL New Member

Isn't the campsite a pack in pack out area?

15. skinnycat

skinnycat Active Member

You probably could backpack in, but they had at least a black truck with them at the campsite.

I don't think that GGP is up to backpacking into a remote camp

ETA- yes they probably would have had to take the garbage out with them,

16. ILOKAL

ILOKAL New Member

Maybe I've used the wrong term. I meant everything you bring in you must take out. No trash left at the site. No trash receptacles.

17. CatsInTheCradle

CatsInTheCradle Verified Baylor Bear!

BBM
    You bring up a good point. I understand why people ask for links so that gossip, preconceived personal opinions, etc. do not become "facts" and grow legs. The mods insist on links constantly. Personally I get nervous when someone asks me for a link, not because I'm making something up, but I worry that I won't be able to put my hands on the article, or the article has been edited, or my computer decides it is time to throw me offline (happens numerous times). Thankfully I have been able to verify what I stated or a kind poster comes along and posts whatever is being asked for.

My question is do we have to provide a link for information that has been put here on this forum numerous times? Do we have to go find it every time someone asks or can we just direct people to look themselves? (not being snarky - I really want to know because the "link please" always sends me into a :scared: )

18. nervous_nellie

nervous_nellie Carpe Noctem

I know you didn't ask me but I think that if it is stuff that is all listed out in the first posts of a thread or in a media/maps thread or you are just sure that its "upthread" and it really is and your sure someone will find it if they look, then I think it is fine to tell them to go find it... jmho lol no need for all the :panic:

19. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

When saying pack in, pack out in this case, it means that you need to pack out your own garbage. There is no trash removal, so you have to take it with you. It would make sense that they had bag specifically for stinky diapers and this one was left there for a day or two. With all the commotion going on, I'm sure taking out the trash was not a high priority.

If they were sleeping in a camper, the non-smelly diapers could have been left in a trash can in the camper. Just the stinky one from that morning was left outside. (Probably in a bag hanging in a tree or something.)

20. CatsInTheCradle

CatsInTheCradle Verified Baylor Bear!

Lol thanks NN! I always feel like I did when the boss would ask if the report was done yet....that deer in the headlights feeling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.