ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

Discussion in 'DeOrr Kunz, Jr.' started by bessie, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

Just jumping off your post, nervous nellie. I think some people ask for a link if what is being posted is not what they believe.

If I ask you for a link, it is because I am keeping track of the media links and am trying to make sure we have most of the relevant articles in the Timeline and Media thread.
    I promise I won't :pillowfight: if you don't have a link.

2. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

I can't answer your specific question, but do want to point out, in general, that verified experts should be respected as such and taken at their word. We certainly don't need to agree with them, but we shouldn't be asking them to source their knowledge unless it is a question of statistics. I woulld certainly hate that if I became verified, wouldn't any of you?

At the same time, it should go without saying that everyone here has varying skills and experience too, so should be given the same respect. The difference is that we know gitana1 has a law degree, specifically in family law. We know Sarx is a SAR expert. The rest of us are just anonymous posters. Verification is a good step for those who can complete it, if offering professional expertise is important to you.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?521-Verified-Professional-and-Insider-Members

3. pepelepolecat

pepelepolecat Member

Most campsites don't have trash pickup. You don't leave it at the campsite for someone else to deal with, and you don't leave the campsite every day to dispose of trash. You hold onto your trash until you leave, and then you dispose of it responsibly when you can.

4. wondering25

wondering25 New Member

So, no one from the search looked into that hypothetical bag to see what was inside and just left it there..since a diaper would have the baby's scent on it.. wouldnt that confuse the dogs and lead the dogs back to the campsite?

5. trigger

trigger Well-Known Member

I'm glad the FBI is getting involved.

6. wondering25

wondering25 New Member

7. CatsInTheCradle

CatsInTheCradle Verified Baylor Bear!

Possible.....I just would have hoped ggp would have called out to the parents that baby Deorr was following them, especially in their environment. Jmo

8. ILOKAL

ILOKAL New Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC the search dogs kept returning to the campsite which is what they would do even without the diaper, simply because that's where little Deorr WAS and his scent is there.

9. desert-blue

desert-blue Active Member

This is kind of what I have thought but I just don't understand why they have found NO trace or picked up his scent. And by now I would have thought his body would have surfaced if he was in the water? This is surely one of the strangest cases - all the secrecy from investigators, the rumors/mysteries, and the lack of communication from any witnesses, it's just bizarre, imo.

10. desert-blue

11. ILOKAL

ILOKAL New Member

Actually it's not strange at all if a mountain lion took Deorr. This case is exactly like other cases when a mountain lion took the child, or in SOME cases, an adult. There's no other scenario that fits, as I see it. Before anyone dismisses the mountain lion as the predator they need to at least read everything that's been posted about mountain lions right here on WS. Of course there's much more information available as well as many more victims than we have noted but what's here is necessary reading for ANYONE who is TRULY interested in solving this case. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, in all likelihood, it's a duck!

12. ILOKAL

ILOKAL New Member

This has been the parental reaction in similar cases as well. The parents "hope" that the child being abducted by a human advances the possibility that the child is still alive. The other possibilities don't.

13. pepelepolecat

pepelepolecat Member

I'd think it would be natural to "hope" for abduction (for lack of a better word) in a situation like this. I'd MUCH rather think of my toddler being kidnapped by someone than to think of him wandering around in a scary environment full of predators. A "lesser of the two evils" sort of thing. Not that an abductor would have good intentions, but at least there's a chance he's still alive -- whereas if DeOrr was lost, he's most likely not still alive.

14. wondering25

wondering25 New Member

The dogs would go away from the site if he was led away..walked away.. was carried off by a Mt. lion etc. So, what i am trying to say is if his scent DOMINATES in one spot and nothing leads the dogs AWAY that means his scent is there.. whether he was really there or not.. and the presence of a diaper or blanket would mark his scent.. the dogs didnt go sprinting through the area and lose his scent..right? Not reported they did..jmo

15. Dee10

Dee10 Well-Known Member

Post Register - Aug. 2nd

http://www.postregister.com/articles/featured-news-daily-email/2015/08/01/lemhi-sheriff%E2%80%99s-seeks-fbi%E2%80%99s-help-search-toddler

16. desert-blue

I can see that - it would give them hope. I just wish they'd elaborate. If the child was only unattended for a very short time (4 or 10 minutes have both been suggested), it just seems so unlikely. On the other hand, if he was unattended for longer than they've indicated, I do feel that would slightly increase the odds that he could have been taken by a person or animal. I still don't understand why they haven't found a boot or any clothing, if it's the latter, though... I wish something would turn up to help solve his disappearance - it's so sad.

17. ILOKAL

ILOKAL New Member

In previous similar searches the dogs didn't detect the lion's scent.

18. pepelepolecat

pepelepolecat Member

19. Dee10

Dee10 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, that is all that was said regarding sitings.

20. ILOKAL

ILOKAL New Member

If you think only a longer period of time would be sufficient for a mountain lion to take Deorr then you haven't read the material that's been presented as well as the accounts of similar cases posted by myself and others. The material also answers various reasons for not locating his clothes or boots. You can do your own search for information or you can read what I have posted, but reading will certainly answer all your questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.