ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

Discussion in 'DeOrr Kunz, Jr.' started by bessie, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

Maybe LE did look in the bag and cleared it for removal to the trash. We don't know.

2. ILOKAL

ILOKAL New Member

3. desert-blue

desert-blue Active Member

I guess I'm skeptical, but I'll take your word for it (until I have time to go back and re-read all the posts and links here on mountain lions). There isn't any other scenario that makes any more sense, given the information that has been released (outside of IR - he makes me a little uneasy, but I don't get the impression from any source that they think he did anything...). I wish they'd release more information as far as timelines and the activities of all persons of interest, but I guess that's not to be right now. It seems like the direction on this case is ever-changing...

4. fishing_idaho

fishing_idaho New Member

Nobody uses that route to go camp. To use it you have to ford the second largest tributary to the lemhi river (Big Timber Creek). Also that road is way worse then the main path up to the campground. Last time I was there, there was also a gate on the south side of the ford. It's not impossible to drive but it's definitely not a shortcut.

5. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

If sources aren't possible then where are they getting the nuggets? Making them up? Drawing their own conclusions? If the information is from a source they should say so. Otherwise we're left with nothing more than a thinly veiled editorial.

eta: Obviously they don't have to reveal their sources.

6. bluesneakers

Me too. And I want it to have a happy ending.

7. ClaireNC

Fishing_Idaho, Welcome! Thanks for joining the discussion. We can certainly use some local perspective. So, they would have driven up to Leadore before traveling back south to the campground? Is that really the only way in?

What else can you tell us about the area? Have you been to this exact campground before?

PS: I don't think the sighting by the woman at the store was Thursday night, but it is still a good piece of information.

8. rkf

rkf Inactive

ITA. I hope LE isn't chasing their tails like we are. I don't think they are...

9. rkf

rkf Inactive

IIRC, the sheriff said he had been ruled out as a suspect because of mental infirmities. I'm paraphrasing and I could also be wrong. Sometime after that I read that no one at the campsite had been ruled out, including poor ggp.

10. ClaireNC

Thanks Dee10! BBM, So the FBI might be doing behavioral analyses and testing of physical evidence. Does the article say anything else about that? It is subscription only, so I can't see the full article.

11. bessie

bessie Verified Insider

Once information has been linked "numerous times", it's not necessary to provide a link in each subsequent post. That said, what equates to "numerous", and at which point information becomes general knowledge, isn't precise. One should always be prepared to back up a statement if challenged in a reasonable manner. But it shouldn't send you into a frenzy. :) A quick google search of a few key words should supply results.

12. bluesneakers

Aaahhh, now, are you going to go ahead and have those TPS reports for us this afternoon?

13. desert-blue

desert-blue Active Member

That's interesting - google maps says to go that way to get to Timber Creek Campground if you're coming from the south (Idaho Falls). I can see where it crosses Big Timber Creek, though, and there does not appear to be a bridge, so I guess that is why you shouldn't always rely on online directions, especially off the beaten path.... It would make sense that they went through Leadore because isn't that how JM gives the directions to the 911 operator? She says that you turn left at Leadore, IIRC. She doesn't say to turn left before you get to Leadore (assuming you're coming from the south). So, I think it makes sense that they went through Leadore to get to the campground. I wonder if the store was closed when they went through, if it was Thursday night, and that is why they had to go the next day?

14. ClaireNC

It's in this article: http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/sheriff-family-friend-not-a-suspect-in-deorr-kunz-case/

15. verbonica

verbonica Well-Known Member

bbm

The tragic case of Maddy Middleton just last week was solved within around 24 hrs... and the perp was arrested:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...on-8-Santa-Cruz-26-July-2015-3-*ARREST*/page4

Folks are still discussing it here, though, trying to figure out the WHY for the crime.

16. bluesneakers

It seems I've seen this before too. Isn't Ember's mom still saying she was abducted?

17. ClaireNC

Great point to remember - do not blindly follow Google Maps or your GPS without checking. We once followed a map when leaving Bruneau Dunes in Idaho and ended up on a dirt road in the desert with nothing around. We were lost for about 3 or 4 hours. Suddenly see these big signs along the "road" that said something like "Bomb Testing Area..Look Right for Low Flying Airplanes." This continued on for several miles. It was frightening to say the least.

As for why they went to the store on that Friday, most likely they realized they forgot something or ended up needing something, like feminine protection products, that they didn't think they were going to need. I've had that happen when camping too.

18. Dee10

Dee10 Well-Known Member

Sorry, that was all that was said. This is interesting though "This is unlike any incident I've been involved with," said Bowerman, whose law enforcement career has spanned four decades."

19. rkf

rkf Inactive

I was not implying you were lying. I like to learn and to do that I need to read reliable original sources. I thought you might have some handy that you have already vetted. If I share my new knowledge with someone else, if s/he asks me how I know, I can't very well say "Gitana from Websleuths said it." :)

One of the amazing things about this site is that people from all walks of life are willing to share their knowledge. It helps to learn from others' experiences rather than having to spend 15 years of hit or miss reading or an entire career acquiring a bit of knowledge. A great example is onebest sharing his/her experience with SAR and search dogs in particular - really fascinating first hand experience and knowledge!

I believe TOS are that we are supposed to post a link if we state something as fact (even though sometimes the links turn out not to be accurate). I will assume going forward , since I'm new and don't know you, that when you state something without a link, it is just your opinion based on years of sleuthing. Maybe someone else on this thread has easy access to some of the examples you've used to back up this assertion in the past? If so, thank you in advance for your generosity, WSers!

20. rkf

rkf Inactive

Yes, I would accept it anywhere else. Trying to walk that thin TOS line. :) I think it's highly unlikely someone else hijacked the grandmother's FB account. However, and I hope I don't get snipped, since I'm generally suspicious in this case and we don't know much about JM's relationship with her mother, I'm not 100% sure how much we can rely on the mother's statements. She could be mad that JM and DK are throwing her father under the bus. She could be mad that they took her grandchild somewhere with IR. she could be mad at her daughter for "losing" her grandchildren... This is pure speculation with nothing to back it up, but it's why I am not able to trust what was said on FB is true and accurate. JMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.