ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

Discussion in 'DeOrr Kunz, Jr.' started by bessie, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeriouslySearching

SeriouslySearching Well-Known Member

OT/ (Off Topic) That is hilarious (and adorable)! If you do a search at the top right, you can find a thread or two on Websleuth's Lingo. They give you more than enough definitions to get started here. :) I would look it up and link it for you, but you should make friends with the search feature. ;)

2. SeriouslySearching

My understanding is the woman was on the other side of the reservoir and the search had not expanded to that area yet. When the cremains were released into the air and over water, it created a wide distribution of scent over the rest of the reservoir wherever it floated back to land and across the water. I am sure they checked to find out the cremains were legit.

3. ILOKAL

ILOKAL New Member

Without adding any additional information to that article by way of opinion, hopes,or dreams, I read it to mean those are some of the services they OFFER, not necessarily the services they will be using in this case.

4. SeriouslySearching

They should say so, but they don't always do it. Depends on the integrity level of the reporter and the publication I suppose. (And what I meant was naming sources not having sources. ;))

5. SeriouslySearching

Correct. It didn't appear to state they had evidence to test.

6. minnermomma

minnermomma Member

Glad it's not just me getting these "alerts"! Like you, I thought you could only Thank/ Like so many posts on a page. Guess I'll have to go in search of tech guy now.

7. SeriouslySearching

Except the people with the most knowledge of the case, the ones collecting all the evidence, hearing all the stories, and making all the judgments as to what transpired are calling it everything except a duck. To them, it appears to be heading in the direction of a cooked goose (or geese as the case may be).

8. bessie

bessie Verified Insider

LOL! "Remove your Thanks" is there for your benefit in case you "thank" a post by mistake, or change your mind and want to remove your "un-thank" a post.

If you scroll down the forum index page, under "Resource Forum", you'll find a sub-forum called "Forum Finesse". Use "Search Forum", or scroll through the threads, to find a thread which addresses your issue. If you don't see one, go ahead and open a new thread and post your question or problem. A staff member will assist you, and other members will add their input.

There are known issues with the "thanks" feature. It works fine for most users, and others experience intermittent problems. You'll find some discussion here: Thanks button intermittently disappears

The triangle icon on the left beneath each post is the "ALERT" feature. Click that icon to report posts which violate TOS so a mod can address the problem. We really appreciate the heads up, as we can't be everywhere at all times. ;)

Also:

WEBSLEUTHS LINGO

9. wondering25

wondering25 New Member

We continue to hope and pray that our ‘lil man’ will be found soon,” Jessica Mitchell and DeOrr Kunz Sr., DeOrr’s parents, said in a short written statement to EastIdahoNews.com.http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/parents-of-deorr-kunz-we-pray-our-lil-man-will-be-found/

What do we KNOW? Parents want baby found.. they thought abduction..LE says he doesnt think so.. LE doesnt think he is the victim of an animal..numerous people have said the area and water were searched and he just isnt there.. so what is left? Seriously?

10. Hoosier952

Hoosier952 Well-Known Member

Sounds like he wandered off in the woods and wasn't found by any of the 175+ searchers, tracking dogs, cadaver dogs, and drones or foul play. I believe those are the only other options other than maybe Big Foot or magical disappearing abilities.

11. travelbug

travelbug Injustice anywhere a threat to justice everywhere

These 2 things, combined with the failure to immediately search the campsite and any vehicle(s) for evidence, may very well prove to be critical errors if there are any arrests in this sad case. jmho

12. travelbug

travelbug Injustice anywhere a threat to justice everywhere

13. gliving

gliving Woof

POSTED 2:47 PM, AUGUST 2, 2015
    http://q13fox.com/2015/08/02/fbi-investigators-join-search-for-missing-idaho-2-year-old-deorr-kunz/

FBI investigators join search for missing Idaho 2-year-old Deorr Kunz

"Bowerman said everyone at the campsite — including the boy’s parents, great-grandfather and a family friend — is considered a person of interest in the case, but none of them are suspects."

The article is pretty much a recap of what we already know. I just thought I'd link it as it's a Seattle news outlet and it's good that Deorr's story is reaching a larger audience.

14. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

Integrity is a good word for it. If they don't have a source they shouldn't attempt to make it appear as if they do, and if they have a source they should say so (and id the source if they can). IMO it's unprofessional to include "facts" with nothing to back them up. I mean, this is Journalism 101. I read articles like that and wonder how the reporter got a job.

15. rkf

rkf Inactive

Thanks for the clarification of the time. I appreciate it. It's important and I (obviously) wasn't sure exactly when they came and went.

I am not a camper. We tried a couple of times when I was a kid, but my dad's insistence that we camp next to the river combined with his uncanny ability to plan trips that coincided with the greatest rainfall each year meant we never became great outdoors people. We did learn how to pack up our sopping wet clothes and sleeping bags and destroy a perfectly good tent in a fraction of the time it took to set up, though.

I was just thinking that if I was camping, any time I went into town, I would take whatever trash I had around - to keep the camp site neater, cleaner and fresher-smelling and also to avoid attracting predators. Someone explained that trash is sometimes hung in trees to avoid drawing predators to the area. If I was home and my 2 1/2 year-old soiled his diaper, I would immediately put it in the diaper hamper if it was cloth or the outside trash if it was disposable. By that age, the dirty diapers are pretty disgusting, so I would prefer not to have it around any longer than necessary! JMO

16. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

But where would you take it?

17. rkf

rkf Inactive

Also upsetting because it showed the total inability to keep track of who was coming and going during the search. Sounds like absolute chaos! There are 175 or so searchers, all those vehicles and someone arrives during that time and just walks over to the reservoir unnoticed? I guess it's possible the people were already camping, but I would think that might be noted in one of the MSM articles. Any chance the people who dumped the cremains in the reservoir were the older couple who was supposedly camping at the same time as the Kunz family?

18. perfectingpink

perfectingpink Well-Known Member

Does the state provide trash receptacles for the area?

19. rkf

rkf Inactive

What kind of error do you get? Are you using mac, pc, iPad, phone? Tapatalk?

ITA on IR. Fascinating case study, I'll bet...

20. bessie

bessie Verified Insider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.