ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

Discussion in 'DeOrr Kunz, Jr.' started by bessie, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

This site lists lake and pond fishing in the reservoir: http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/scnf/recarea?recid=76098

I don't think that necessarily means the stream isn't open for fishing, though. It might just mean it's not very good fishing.

2. Jackeee

Jackeee Just one more thing....

Could you please tell me which video you're referring to? When I clicked on a link for a tribute video I got the message that it was not available. Unless it's because I'm on my iPad.
    Thank you.

3. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

I wonder how far back toward town they searched that bumpy road. I also wonder how far out on either side they searched it. After all, the baby could have taken off down the road or veered off and his scent may have been obliterated by so many vehicles coming up for the search.

4. desert-blue

desert-blue Active Member

We went camping last weekend along the Salmon River (near Riggins which is nowhere near Leadore, etc.) and there were fire restrictions in place - absolutely no fire allowed, even in designated fire pits. It made me wonder about DK's statement about leaving Deorr with grandpa by the campfire... I wonder if there were fire restrictions there as well - and most people don't build a fire right away, especially in the afternoon. Just thought it was strange. Not sure that it means anything, though.

5. bessie

bessie Verified Insider

Welcome, TeaTime. Very nice first post. Glad you've joined the discussion.

:welcome5:

6. Leomoon80

Leomoon80 Well-Known Member

Good idea to request it as a link again, I can't find either.

7. TeaTime

TeaTime Well-Known Member

blefuscu - thank you for the welcome. Deductive reasoning usually works. LE has eliminated many theoretical possibilities with the extensive search. At least one human being is responsible for the child's disappearance. Although unlikely, it is possible that GGP and IR were sitting in chairs, their panoramic view partially blocked by the parked truck, or their backs to the truck and someone moved in and carried the child away. Other than that scenario, someone in the group of 4 knows what happened.

8. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

But on the other hand, for some families, building a campfire is the first thing they do. I know I like to do it that way.

But that's a good point about the fire restrictions.

9. bessie

bessie Verified Insider

10. Jamaica Me Crazy

Jamaica Me Crazy Former Member

What is it? I can't bear to watch it.

11. Leomoon80

Leomoon80 Well-Known Member

Being "old school" and not much into today's jargon with the politically correct crowds, I understood what the sheriff was saying and why, yet; I can see how most would not get it too. Most aren't that old! :)

12. ILOKAL

ILOKAL New Member

Then you believe in coincidence? A theory that simple REQUIRES them, don't you agree?

Btw, welcome!

13. Jules71

Jules71 Well-Known Member

Hi! Welcome. Great post.

Imo, if he was there they would still pick up a scent if he was carried away or driven away.

Another possibility for the store visit - would be to lead people to believe he was there, if he really wasn't.

I'm not saying this is what I think happened, I am just poking holes in theories.

14. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

Here are some maps to show the flow of the creek into the river. I followed it along on Google maps. The Timber Creek, flows into Big Timber Creek, which flows into the Lemhi River and onto the Salmon River. The points on this map show the Campground, where the Creek meets the Lemhi River and where the Lemhi River turns into the Salmon River. It's roughly 60 miles from the Creek to the Salmon.
    Timber Creek to Salmon River.PNG
    Here is the Google Maps version. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Tim...7!1m3!2m2!1d-113.842745!2d45.161084!3e0?hl=en

Here is a map of the major rivers in Idaho, taken from this site: http://geology.com/lakes-rivers-water/idaho.shtml The red arrow shows roughly where Big Timber Creek flows into the Lemhi River.
    Idaho River Map.PNG

15. Jules71

To me it looked like a cartoon showing a goofy skeleton dude,

16. nervous_nellie

nervous_nellie Carpe Noctem

17. renarde

renarde Well-Known Member

I agree. I looked at that blog some time ago. Great pictures. Small town. It gave me a good idea of what the Stage Stop looked like, as well as some of the rest of the area.

18. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

Welcome TeaTime! :welcome: Excellent first post. Very logical and I agree with your assessment.

19. Jules71

Sorry for my terrible map, I am on my phone. The pink circle is where we think they we're camping. The pink arrows show the direction they travelled into the camp. (To get out, I believe you have to go back out the way you came.) The yellow shows the flow of the creek.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

20. Jules71

Going off of my map, you can see how the road in and out of the area splits into 3 roads. If they were along the center road, someone could have driven up either of the other two roads and taken him. Especially the regular 172 rd. If little DeOrr went in the direction of his parents, he could have come out of the woods right at the 172, where someone could have snatched him. But then again, I would think they would find his scent through there.

(http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ground-10-July-2015-5&p=11969178#post11969178)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.