ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me cry too see that were on Deorr #5.... :( I was sure hoping there would be closure....

For some reason any info ab
Issac will not be released. I was wondering myself if he was given lie detector, BUT THEY HAVE SHUT US DOWN WITH ANY FURTHER INFO!!!!!!! ITS A WAITING GAME...

This makes me cry too see that were on Deorr #5.... :( I was sure hoping there would be closure....

For some reason any info ab
Issac will not be released. I was wondering myself if he was given lie detector, BUT THEY HAVE SHUT US DOWN WITH ANY FURTHER INFO!!!!!!! ITS A WAITING GAME...

I don't think a lie detector test can be administered if people are on certain medications. It skews the results.

How would the paternal grandfather know what DeOrr was doing when he disappeared? He can only repeat what he was told.

This has been bothering me ever since the People article came out and he said "four minutes."
Has anyone else made reference to the hot wheels?

Could dad's be the 2:35 p.m. referred to here?
According to a Salmon Search and Rescue news release, the 911 Dispatch Center received a call from family members at 2:35 p.m. on July 10 that their 2-year-old son had gone missing from their camp. The family told authorities he had been gone for an hour.
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/lemhi-sheriff-releases-details-on-missing-child/
At the beginning it was being reported that she made the call at 2:35. She said in the interview 2:36, but the time stamp on the 911 call was 2:28.

Now seeing that the call was edited for time and personal info I don't think we can really determine how many minutes into the call when DK called in.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Somebody posted on the end of last thread

[quote="IDTater";11967623]Great question! Idaho Falls, where the family is from, is actually the second largest city in the state, although that hardly makes it a big city by any standards other than those of other towns in Idaho! One thing that I think is important to understanding some of the social culture of eastern Idaho is the predominance of one religion. As mentioned previously, there can be a lot of significance assigned to belonging to and being a "good" member of this religion. Reports of the severity of the us vs. them mentality range from minor annoyance to significant hinderance to quality of life in the arenas of friendship, career, etc. A European co-worker of my husband's inquired about the prevalence of the religion in a particular town close to Idaho Falls and the man, a member of the church, told him that they were "95% pure," referring to the percentage of the population that belongs to the church.

Yikes! Reading that quote about "95% pure" made me wince a bit - not just because I'm an agnostic, but rather because of Idaho's rather storied connection to the Aryan Nations movement (which, according to recent articles, is still a plague that Idaho is dealing with). I hope this isn't the church you're referring to?[/QUOTE]
You weren't asking me but I'm answering lol.

Northern Idaho is the part where that stuff went down. South Eastern Idaho is much more like Utah hint hint.

Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk

This has been bothering me ever since the People article came out and he said "four minutes."
Has anyone else made reference to the hot wheels?

That's also why his statement about the blanket being in the car is "suspect" in my mind.

I agree, and the definition someone provided of "person of interest" seems to indicate that it is not normally something law enforcement typically uses to talk about people who had no involvement whatsoever in the crime/disappearance. I wonder if there are any stats that might indicate how often "person of interest" is downgraded to "not involved" vs. how often "person of interest" is upgraded to "suspect." In most cases I have looked at, POI's ended up becoming suspects once there was more evidence. Admittedly, that is a self-selected sample and not scientific.

I made that point on the last thread and I still feel strongly that it carries a lot of meaning below the surface and is more synonymous with suspect than it is with witness.

Here's a quote I gathered online:Jim Kouri, a spokesman for the National Association of Chiefs of Police, says "person of interest" often is a euphemism for "suspect."

"If it's a suspect and you say 'person of interest,' you're using the euphemism to avoid problems down the line," says Kouri, a former New York housing police officer. What problems? Police sometimes "try to maintain that the person really isn't a suspect" in order to get him to agree to questioning without Miranda warnings, Kouri says. "You don't want the guy to lawyer up."

At the beginning it was being reported that she made the call at 2:35. She said in the interview 2:36, but the time stamp on the 911 call was 2:28.

Now seeing that the call was edited for time and personal info I don't think we can really determine how many minutes into the call when DK called in.

Sounds like 911 was talking to him by 1:50.
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/0...-released-my-2-year-old-son-we-cant-find-him/

I made that point on the last thread and I still feel strongly that it carries a lot of meaning below the surface and is more synonymous with suspect than it is with witness.

Here's a quote I gathered online:Jim Kouri, a spokesman for the National Association of Chiefs of Police, says "person of interest" often is a euphemism for "suspect."

"If it's a suspect and you say 'person of interest,' you're using the euphemism to avoid problems down the line," says Kouri, a former New York housing police officer. What problems? Police sometimes "try to maintain that the person really isn't a suspect" in order to get him to agree to questioning without Miranda warnings, Kouri says. "You don't want the guy to lawyer up."

Exactly.

Right, but the 911 call has been edited according to the post below, so we cannot say for sure that 2:28 + 1 min, 50 sec would put his call to 911 at 2:29 or 2:30 because we don't know how much of the call has been snipped/edited. Or did I misinterpret that? Was part of the call snipped?

Regarding 911 call JM made-

From http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/07/15/3897072_search-continues-at-reservoir.html?rh=1

Lemhi County authorities released a copy of mother Jessica Mitchell’s 911 call reporting her son’s disappearance. Note: This call has been edited for time and to remove personal information.

I think we are all going to go crazy without new info to discuss. Why isn't anyone organizing another vigil? Or asking for for updates on the search/case? Is everything quiet? Is Deorr's story still on the news? What is going on?

Somebody posted on the end of last thread

You weren't asking me but I'm answering lol.

Northern Idaho is the part where that stuff went down. South Eastern Idaho is much more like Utah hint hint.

I get the cultural differences in general, but tell me more about how you think it pertains to Deorr. Hint hint please. :)

The 911 call time stamp saying 2:28 and the article saying 2:35 when Sr. called, means there was approximately 7 minutes in between. 7 minutes to drive 1/2 mile. I can walk faster than that :gaah:It doesn't really jive with the drive times stated or anything. It certainly doesn't make me think he was in any rush, considering someone (sorry I can't remember who!) posted that it shouldn't take nearly 40 minutes to drive the 10 miles from town to campsite. Maybe he stuck around looking a few minutes more, maybe he wanted to double check he wasn't in the truck.

I'm curious just how much editing was done to the 911 tape. I didn't think 911 operators asked much personal information, just your name and location and the type of emergency. Ours just forwards to the Sheriff's Dept, so maybe it's different here.

ETA: That 2:35 call time might not be right for Sr.'s call. Delete if necessary.

I get the cultural differences in general, but tell me more about how you think it pertains to Deorr. Hint hint please. :)
Oh I was just answering someone's question about the religion referred to in someone else's post. That the poster wasn't referring to racial but rather local religious beliefs about purity. LDS population is pretty big in SE Idaho.

I think we are all going to go crazy without new info to discuss. Why isn't anyone organizing another vigil? Or asking for for updates on the search/case? Is everything quiet? Is Deorr's story still on the news? What is going on?

Maybe someone should give that persistent reporter a nudge, the one who talked to IR.

Oh I was just answering someone's question about the religion referred to in someone else's post. That the poster wasn't referring to racial but rather local religious beliefs about purity. LDS population is pretty big in SE Idaho.

I don't really understand, but I'll take a guess. Since DeOrr Jr. was born out of wedlock his parents are viewed negatively or shunned by some members of the community and church? I lived in the bible belt for awhile, in a small town and I have seen this type of behavior by a community to those that are viewed less than favorably. I think they really shouldn't judge people the way they do, but they are raised that way and don't know anything different I guess.

If that is what you are referring to, and it's happening to them, that's ashame because the little boy is completely innocent.

I don't really understand, but I'll take a guess. Since DeOrr Jr. was born out of wedlock his parents are viewed negatively or shunned by some members of the community and church? I lived in the bible belt for awhile, in a small town and I have seen this type of behavior by a community to those that are viewed less than favorably. I think they really shouldn't judge people the way they do, but they are raised that way and don't know anything different I guess.

If that is what you are referring to, and it's happening to them, that's ashame because the little boy is completely innocent.
I don't know what, if anything, the community there thinks of the parents now, at the birth of their child, or any other time.

The church community can be...brutal. And helpful and kind. The brutal stuff tends to stick in one's memory longer and differently than the kind stuff.

I really don't know if this impacts this family or not. I only know what my experiences were and what I observed. HTH

Right, but the 911 call has been edited according to the post below, so we cannot say for sure that 2:28 + 1 min, 50 sec would put his call to 911 at 2:29 or 2:30 because we don't know how much of the call has been snipped/edited. Or did I misinterpret that? Was part of the call snipped?

I think this particular recording has her address and phone number removed, but it's near the end of the call. (Right after the 911 operator says "Hold on a minute" or something like that after she has already gotten the directions, etc. from JM.

The 911 call time stamp saying 2:28 and the article saying 2:35 when Sr. called, means there was approximately 7 minutes in between. 7 minutes to drive 1/2 mile. I can walk faster than that :gaah:It doesn't really jive with the drive times stated or anything. It certainly doesn't make me think he was in any rush, considering someone (sorry I can't remember who!) posted that it shouldn't take nearly 40 minutes to drive the 10 miles from town to campsite. Maybe he stuck around looking a few minutes more, maybe he wanted to double check he wasn't in the truck.

I'm curious just how much editing was done to the 911 tape. I didn't think 911 operators asked much personal information, just your name and location and the type of emergency. Ours just forwards to the Sheriff's Dept, so maybe it's different here.

ETA: That 2:35 call time might not be right for Sr.'s call. Delete if necessary.

I think the 2:35 may have come from the interview when they say JM called at 2:36, but the 911 timestamp is 2:28.

If baby never went anywhere without his blanket.. why was he walking around campground without it? he would have grabbed it when they took him out of the truck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23