ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
And since we already talked about it not being standard procedure to search their homes in a missing child case that happened out in the wilderness - what do you all think now knowing it has been searched?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I disagree with this assertion. Who said this?

Why do they call him 'lil man' ? Does this go in line with his father repeatedly saying he was three years old, while he's only 2 1/2 ? I mean, he's practically still a baby in my view. Can someone shed some light on if this is some sort of regional thing ? I'm really not trying to nitpick or be overly accusing of anything, but something about this just bothers me. TIA

It's like a pet name, I used to call my son lil man some 26 years ago, then it changed to laddie as he got older, then it changed to buddy

I call lots of little guys lil man or lil dude,

I called my son "little man" from the day he was born. He seriously looked like a little man. :confused:

Here's a case that is "exactly" the same as the disappearance of Deorr except that this child was three times older. I will post an additional link about this case with more details.

Now don't think for a minute that I have a particular penchant for sleuthing mountain lions and that for some strange reason feel a compulsion to try to create a blame game for this furry creature. I don't feel a necessity to blame the mountain lion for nefarious, questionable, untoward behavior just because news in this case has been slow coming and just because it is a POI (predator of interest) that was in the forest at the time. Nothing could be further from my mind.

After reading this news story and follow-up stories as well, you feel there is a MORE reasonable likelihood that something else happened to little Deorr, I would be interested in hearing about it. TIA

http://articles.latimes.com/2005/jun/01/local/me-bones1

Here's a follow-up article:

http://articles.latimes.com/2005/jun/03/local/me-bones3

It's like a pet name, I used to call my son lil man some 26 years ago, then it changed to laddie as he got older, then it changed to buddy

I call lots of little guys lil man or lil dude,

Ok, thanks skinnycat, I suspect that I'm overthinking things. :blush:

I called my son "little man" from the day he was born. He seriously looked like a little man. :confused:

Something about that "confused" icon that always makes me laugh. :giggle: And thank you very much for your input, JLS. I'm starting to get the picture. :)

Why do they call him 'lil man' ? Does this go in line with his father repeatedly saying he was three years old, while he's only 2 1/2 ? I mean, he's practically still a baby in my view. Can someone shed some light on if this is some sort of regional thing ? I'm really not trying to nitpick or be overly accusing of anything, but something about this just bothers me. TIA

This "lil man" term is not regional. I am in the south and noticed it over 18 months ago when my previous interns were having babies and used this term, and even had baby showers with this theme. Like you, I cringed at the terminology! Let's use a Baby Boy, a Son, just not "lil man"!

However, it is the new and current terminology. My son and wife just had my first grandchild, a boy, and how many times have I heard "lil man"! I just smile, and keep my mouth shut as it is the in thing. Just like when the word "cool" was the in thing. Hope this helps.

Here's a case that is "exactly" the same as the disappearance of Deorr except that this child was three times older. I will post an additional link about this case with more details.

Now don't think for a minute that I have a particular penchant for sleuthing mountain lions and that for some strange reason feel a compulsion to try to create a blame game for this furry creature. I don't feel a necessity to blame the mountain lion for nefarious, questionable, untoward behavior just because news in this case has been slow coming and just because it is a POI (predator of interest) that was in the forest at the time. Nothing could be further from my mind.

After reading this news story and follow-up stories as well, you feel there is a MORE reasonable likelihood that something else happened to little Deorr, I would be interested in hearing about it. TIA

http://articles.latimes.com/2005/jun/01/local/me-bones1

Here's a follow-up article:

http://articles.latimes.com/2005/jun/03/local/me-bones3

Omg, this is seriously scary. And just to let you know, I have never totally discounted the possibility of a wild animal / mountain lion attack. Though it sounds as though the Sheriff has. Still, it may come to be that is what happened. :(

I never suggested the FBI isn't officially involved.

This was the question I asked:

So you think the FBI was notified or found out about it immediately but didn't get involved until now?

and this is what you said:

Being notified doesn't automatically get a field office "involved" in the active investigation because they work in partnership and are a resource to local and state law enforcement. I'm pretty sure the Sheriff is still the lead investigator in this case.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Ok, thanks skinnycat, I suspect that I'm overthinking things. :blush:

Nope not over thinking at all you are just looking for answers like the rest of us, I can see where it could sound strange to those that have never used it or heard it.

Omg, this is seriously scary. And just to let you know, I have never totally discounted the possibility of a wild animal / mountain lion attack. Though it sounds as though the Sheriff has. Still, it may come to be that is what happened. :(

Well, if that's the case then the sheriff needs to get up to snuff on the subject. The sheriff certainly is no expert on mountain lions but there are a lot of resources available to assist him.

Well, if that's the case then the sheriff needs to get up to snuff on the subject. The sheriff certainly is no expert on mountain lions but there are a lot of resources available to assist him.

This thread for instance! :)

I disagree with this assertion. Who said this?
I believe there were many people in the last thread. I may not have read all of the replies but I thought it was the general consensus that they would not normally search their homes - there was talk of search warrants etc.. I may have missed something.

This "lil man" term is not regional. I am in the south and noticed it over 18 months ago when my previous interns were having babies and used this term, and even had baby showers with this theme. Like you, I cringed at the terminology! Let's use a Baby Boy, a Son, just not "lil man"!

However, it is the new and current terminology. My son and wife just had my first grandchild, a boy, and how many times have I heard "lil man"! I just smile, and keep my mouth shut as it is the in thing. Just like when the word "cool" was the in thing. Hope this helps.

It's not just current terminology. I'm older than dirt, am a grandparent and called MY now grown son little man. Maybe you're talking about "lil"? I don't use that word.

You know, I got to thinking about that term as it was nagging at me. I thought it sounded familiar... then just a bit ago, it came to me. That term was used referencing a dog, our dog, by my ex-husband. But this was years and years ago, like almost 30 years. :dunno: Beats me. So, a Southern thing ? But, wait, Idaho isn't the South. :confused:

Well all I can say is that I don't see a baby or toddler as any kind of 'man', but that's just me, and let everyone else do their thing, lol. From now on I know to recognize it as a term of endearment. Thanks all ... :seeya:

I believe there were many people in the last thread. I may not have read all of the replies but I thought it was the general consensus that they would not normally search their homes - there was talk of search warrants etc.. I may have missed something.

Ahh, gotcha, thanks. It was the people here at WS stating their opinions. LE would most definitely say different, IMO.

If they hadn't searched their homes, cars, etc...People (not you) would be chastising them for that.

I'm glad they did it. They have to be thorough and search everything, everywhere, everyone in order to find this precious child.

It's not just current terminology. I'm older than dirt, am a grandparent and called MY now grown son little man. Maybe you're talking about "lil"? I don't use that word.

No way JLS, that you're older than dirt. :giggle: And please forgive me if I've missed out on, or am ignorant of, something that is apparently a cultural norm.
It's been an eye opening experience. :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member