ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this is OK to post. There is a comment on the East Idaho News FB page confirming the Thursday arrival. It is in Visitor Posts section, as a response to a question. https://www.facebook.com/EastIdahoNews

ETA: I know the person that asked the question, but it wasn't me.

Thank goodness East Idaho News released that info.....finally. SM and the PI were more reliable than MSM on this fact.

What do you mean? The stories are still there. Enter Deorr in the search box. http://www.eastidahonews.com/?s=deorr
East Idaho News.com Hi Cxxx. Thanks for your message. I just met with the sheriff today and he confirmed they did arrive late Thursday night. There were conflicting reports early on about their arrival date but the sheriff confirmed it was Thursday. We will have more details on the investigation tomorrow. Thanks. -Nate

Here is the direct link.

https://www.facebook.com/EastIdahoNews/posts/521527051330373

Hint: Click the date/time to open a tab/window to the post, then copy that url.

Tomorrow I predict we are getting a propaganda piece or somebod(ies) is going to feel like they got stabbed in the back.

Shame on that newspaper. They kept repeating the same wrong information in several articles, in their timeline and on the NG show.

Tomorrow will be a cover their a.. article on poor reporting.

The first thing a good reporter for a newspaper learns in Journalism 101 is to verify your facts.

I hope this is OK to post. There is a comment on the East Idaho News FB page confirming the Thursday arrival. It is in Visitor Posts section, as a response to a question. https://www.facebook.com/EastIdahoNews

ETA: I know the person that asked the question, but it wasn't me.

Thank you! Finally the fact they arrived Thursday is confirmed. Why this particular fact was left dangling out there makes no sense imo.

From the parents interview. ---- I noticed this sentence a long time ago and wondered what it meant. I haven't heard anyone discuss it, but may have just missed it. What do you think he meant? It doesn't make sense to me - can anyone explain? Am I just being dense? Wouldn't be the first time!

Reporter: So he was just kind of playing and you guys were doing your thing, and then you notice, 'Oh, he's not here' . . .

DK: He, he was playing with . . .

JM: He was, yeah. He was with my grandfather.

DK: He was playing with grandpop. He was over . . . he was getting ready for a nap. (??) It was almost, by that time it was almost two and he usually takes his nap. Um, we, we was just, yeah, we decided we were going to go a little exploring and he was going to be good with grandpa by the campfire. We weren't more than probably 50 . . .

JM: Ten minutes.

DK: Fifty yards away and ten minutes, uh, well, (??) the time we'd, I'd seen him to the point I'd figured out he was gone. And I come back up from the creek and I've actually seen . . . there were some things down by . . . a little minnow that I thought he would just love. So when I come back up to get him and I yelled over to grandpa, uh, "Where is," you know, "Where is little DeOrr?" he, immediately, shocked, he says, "I thought he came up to you."

I already felt uneasy that the parents have not done more to get the story about Deorr out to the national media, but I feel even more uneasy knowing for sure that there has been erroneous information about the timeline being published for 5+ weeks and the parents did not contact the media to have it corrected.

The parents apparently think Deorr may have been abducted, in the interview strongly so. In the case of abduction, getting info out about your child and any info about Deorr's whereabouts in the hours before he went missing is very important. What if someone was at the campground or in Leadore (or even Idaho Falls) on Thursday and saw something or someone questionable, but didn't report it because they thought it might not be relevant because of the Friday timeline?

I don't find it that creepy, for some reason. It's a poorly worded (IMO- and who can blame them, given the stress?) way of saying "we saw him in the corner of our eye until he just wasn't there." I mean, there's no reason to even clarify that, outside of emphasizing how quickly it happened.. obviously anything that goes missing was visible until it went missing.. hopefully my understanding of this comment makes sense to someone else.

I agree. Does that mean that they watched Deorr go back to the campsite?

I am thinking he probably meant it was that amount of time from when he left DeOrr until he got back and realized that DeOrr was not with grandpop.

I don't know, I thought the PI interview was on MSM so could be discussed. Everyone is allowed an opinion! And those opinions tend to be expressed with varying degrees of confidence. I always feel like if I'm going to go out there and be super confident/adamant that I know better than others, I know I'm going to get a little heat back. In my experience! :)

No problems with opinions here, I promise! It can no doubt all be blamed on the shortcomings of the written word... lack of voice inflection, emotion, and maybe in some instances, overuse of the exclamation point :rolleyes: LOL. :)

I have to say though that the ambiguity in the PI's statement is something I can't completely dismiss.

The PI statement: http://q13fox.com/2015/08/11/privat...amily-of-missing-idaho-toddler-deorr-kunz-jr/
" When they went into town the morning after they arrived..."
So does that mean they arrived that morning then went into town? Or does it mean they went into town after they arrived the previous night?

And then we have this from Grandpa Deorr:

Grandpa's statement : http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/loca...andfather-believes-boy-was-abducted/30321903/
"they weren't up there very long when this all happened".
Well one could take that as they had just arrived shortly before he went missing, as in that morning.

Anyway, it will certainly be good to get this timeline verified, even if at this point it probably doesn't matter. Which I say with a very heavy heart. :(

I agree. Does that mean that they watched Deorr go back to the campsite?

It almost sounds as if he watched DeOrr TO the point where he figured out he was gone. So, somewhere within moments, DeOrr was gone? I need to ponder this for awhile.

No problems with opinions here, I promise! It can no doubt all be blamed on the shortcomings of the written word... lack of voice inflection, emotion, and maybe in some instances, overuse of the exclamation point :rolleyes: LOL. :)

I have to say though that the ambiguity in the PI's statement is something I can't completely dismiss.

The PI statement: http://q13fox.com/2015/08/11/privat...amily-of-missing-idaho-toddler-deorr-kunz-jr/
So does that mean they arrived that morning then went into town? Or does it mean they went into town after they arrived the previous night?

And then we have this from Grandpa Deorr:

Grandpa's statement : http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/loca...andfather-believes-boy-was-abducted/30321903/ Well one could take that as they had just arrived shortly before he went missing, as in that morning.

Anyway, it will certainly be good to get this timeline verified, even if at this point it probably doesn't matter. Which I say with a very heavy heart. :(

It's already been verified that they arrived on Thursday as per this:

East Idaho News.com Hi Cynthia. Thanks for your message. I just met with the sheriff today and he confirmed they did arrive late Thursday night. There were conflicting reports early on about their arrival date but the sheriff confirmed it was Thursday. We will have more details on the investigation tomorrow. Thanks. -Nate

I don't find it that creepy, for some reason. It's a poorly worded (IMO- and who can blame them, given the stress?) way of saying "we saw him in the corner of our eye until he just wasn't there." I mean, there's no reason to even clarify that, outside of emphasizing how quickly it happened.. obviously anything that goes missing was visible until it went missing.. hopefully my understanding of this comment makes sense to someone else.

I guess what I don't understand is where he mentions it in the sequence of events he is relating.

I know that's not what has been stated to be, so that's why I thought it was a strange way to word it and also a strange place to place that sentence in the telling of the sequence of events. I guess maybe I'm reading too much into it.

ETA: Took out my speculation as this is explained in a post by ClaireNC below.

Shame on that newspaper. They kept repeating the same wrong information in several articles, in their timeline and on the NG show.

Tomorrow will be a cover their a.. article on poor reporting.

The first thing a good reporter for a newspaper learns in Journalism 101 is to verify your facts.

From the response by East Idaho News: "I just met with the sheriff today and he confirmed they did arrive late Thursday night. There were conflicting reports early on about their arrival date but the sheriff confirmed it was Thursday."

BBM ~ This sounds to me like it was just confirmed to him today when he met with the Sheriff that they arrived Thursday night. Whether it really was just confirmed to him today, or if he is trying to cya, I don't know. However he has been pretty upfront about making mistakes in the past so for now I will give him the benefit of the doubt that it was confirmed to him just today. IMO.

I can't keep up with this thread (or any for that matter) but that doesn't mean I don't try.

I am honestly shocked that they arrived at the campground on Thursday as opposed to Friday merely b/c this misinformation could have been corrected with any interview with the parents. How did Friday even get put out there if not for them?

Do we have any confirmation of Deorr being seen by anyone on Friday? Did they go to Leadore on Friday just for candy? Who doesn't take candy with them camping? I would hate to run out of candy, it's my favorite part of camping. ;)

It's already been verified that they arrived on Thursday as per this:

East Idaho News.com Hi Cynthia. Thanks for your message. I just met with the sheriff today and he confirmed they did arrive late Thursday night. There were conflicting reports early on about their arrival date but the sheriff confirmed it was Thursday. We will have more details on the investigation tomorrow. Thanks. -Nate

Thank god. I was honestly second guessing myself for not being willing to readily change the PI's words so that the meaning of his sentence would change to meet the information that we thought we knew before. (Glad to not be crazy! At least not tonight!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member