ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are all waiting for some news about what happened to DeOrr.

So during our wait I am wondering. Do you think the newspaper is working under the direction of the Sheriff's office?

Perhaps some of our journalists have some idea how this works. Does the newspaper write their article and clear it with the Sheriff's office when there is an ongoing investigation?

Or do we still rely on Freedom of The Press.

DK: He was playing with grandpop. He was over . . . he was getting ready for a . (??) It was almost, by that time it was almost two and he usually takes his nap. Um, we, we was just, yeah, we decided we were going to go a little exploring and he was going to be good with grandpa by the campfire. We weren't more than probably 50 . . .

Ok I've been reading up on this and it's my first time posting here, and I was wondering if you could help clear something up for me (so many details, so late, so tired!). If, they left the little one with grandpa for a nap, why would grandpa think he was with them? I've been looking but I think I'm missing some info. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the discussion, LemonCloud!

So during our wait I am wondering. Do you think the newspaper is working under the direction of the Sheriff's office?

Perhaps some of our journalists have some idea how this works. Does the newspaper write their article and clear it with the Sheriff's office when there is an ongoing investigation?

If this is true investigative journalism and the reporter has uncovered something huge he may run it by LE for a comment before publishing it in case this would hamper the FBI for example.. On the other hand.. reporters like a "scoop". i expect this to be a recap.. maybe saying vehicles have been returned to family, investigation ongoing.. lots of words but no new info.. UNLESS, the reporter has been sticking his nose under tents and has uncovered some odd or new info from family, friends or backgrounds of the POI. The article will end by saying the FBI has all "evidence" and a report is expected in several weeks. JMO

They should be checking facts with the "officials", but they don't need to clear it with them. Some journalists might choose to run things by the officials prior to publishing to maintain their relationship with LE or in cases where LE have specifically asked for certain information to be kept from the public. It is my understanding that LE can't block something from being printed, unless there is a court order. That's my IMO, I'm not a journalist, but I know many.

I'm glad the whole Thursday/Friday arrival thing has finally been solved. I had wondered whether they had arrived on the Thursday but couldn't say so in the interview because Dad DeOrr had "pulled a sickie" (taken a day off work "sick"). Hence the "rumour on SM" quoted in the interview and DeOrr's oddly-worded response about his employer.

1 question answered, only 1,000 to go! :pullhair:

That makes sense especially if you think about the rumor Deorr was trying to clear up regarding his employer. That part seemed to come out of nowhere imo.

From the parents interview. ---- I noticed this sentence a long time ago and wondered what it meant. I haven't heard anyone discuss it, but may have just missed it. What do you think he meant? It doesn't make sense to me - can anyone explain? Am I just being dense? Wouldn't be the first time!

Reporter: So he was just kind of playing and you guys were doing your thing, and then you notice, 'Oh, he's not here' . . .

DK: He, he was playing with . . .

JM: He was, yeah. He was with my grandfather.

DK: He was playing with grandpop. He was over . . . he was getting ready for a nap. (??) It was almost, by that time it was almost two and he usually takes his nap. Um, we, we was just, yeah, we decided we were going to go a little exploring and he was going to be good with grandpa by the campfire. We weren't more than probably 50 . . .

JM: Ten minutes.

DK: Fifty yards away and ten minutes, uh, well, (??) the time we'd, I'd seen him to the point I'd figured out he was gone. And I come back up from the creek and I've actually seen . . . there were some things down by . . . a little minnow that I thought he would just love. So when I come back up to get him and I yelled over to grandpa, uh, "Where is," you know, "Where is little DeOrr?" he, immediately, shocked, he says, "I thought he came up to you."

I asked someone unconnected (husband!) to translate and this is what he came back with: "I saw him from here til we got to there and that was the last place I saw him" or "I saw him up until this point and later realized that was the last time I saw him."

FWIW. :)

Regarding diapers, we don't know if he was potty training/trained. With my girls, it wasn't unheard of for us to throw them in a diaper for nighttime when they were first learning and couldn't quite make it through the night... But they were in underpants during the day. Maybe parents took a load of trash with them when they went to town. Maybe there were dirty diapers in another bag. I think with this topic, even if we took SM rumor as fact, it would ALL be speculation because we're just missing too much info.

Maybe it was an overnight diaper, like he needs one for sleeping but not during the day.

Ok, I'm so sorry for this, but I am stuck at work and don't have time to read much. What are the details on "information we are expecting this afternoon"? TIA!!

Ok, I'm so sorry for this, but I am stuck at work and don't have time to read much. What are the details on "information we are expecting this afternoon"? TIA!!

One of our posters has been in contact with the reporter, Nate, from East Idaho News. He said that there will be a "substantial" piece about the case published today. (I believe it was Starfire that posted this information last night.)

I asked someone unconnected (husband!) to translate and this is what he came back with: "I saw him from here til we got to there and that was the last place I saw him" or "I saw him up until this point and later realized that was the last time I saw him."

FWIW. :)

I posted this last night. The transcript that the original poster was reading left out a word. DeOrr said in the interview "Fifty yards away and ten minutes, uh, 'til the time we'd, I'd seen him to the point I'd figured out he was gone. The missing word was 'til, as in until. That one word completely changes the sentence. He was saying, in his round about way, that they were only gone for 10 minutes. It was only 10 minutes from the time he had last seen DeOrr jr. to the time he returned and noticed he was gone.

Anybody know roughly "when" this article should be posted????

Checking in here. Haven't posted here in a long time. Waiting impatiently for this article.
::wait:: ::wait:: ::wait::

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

All we know is that East Idaho News is supposed to be publishing a "substantial" article about the case today.

I am hoping there will be new details and info, but I would not be surprised if the article disappoints.

Ooooh they just posted that it is coming very soon!!!

DEVELOPING: Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman opens up about the DeOrr Kunz case. He spoke on-camera with our Nate Eaton and broke down the timeline of events...plus what the FBI is doing and what happens next in the search for the little boy. We're putting the report together right now and it will be posted very soon on EastIdahoNews.com.

https://www.facebook.com/EastIdahoNews?fref=nf

ETA: We're getting a timeline!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

https://www.facebook.com/EastIdahoNews

Nate Eaton just posted a tidbit about upcoming story.

ETA: Just saw someone else posted it.

(Bowerman said) "Even though it's been 5 weeks since DeOrr disappeared, he still believes the young boy will be found...."

(snippet from the teaser video on FB) Nate said they are editing the interview and hope to have it posted within the next few hours.

DEVELOPING: Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman opens up about the DeOrr Kunz case. He spoke on-camera with our Nate Eaton and broke down the timeline of events...plus what the FBI is doing and what happens next in the search for the little boy. We're putting the report together right now and it will be posted very soon on EastIdahoNews.com.

Unfortunately, this makes it sound like Deorr still hasn't been found. :(

I have to agree here, not looking to see any bombshell information today. :( Hope it does clear up some things though!

BBM
Wonderful! Guess we have been too impatient to expect one sooner than five weeks :websleuther:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie