ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Bowerman is “99 percent sure” DeOrr was at the campground with his parents"

that number should be 100%. :banghead:

Ok, so were mom and dad "exploring" or "setting up camp" - I have read both.

Well that was simple enough, no? Just ask the source directly when you doubt their accuracy. Whoever DID decide to contact Nate had perfect timing. If what Nate said is true and he did JUST yesterday speak to the sheriff who then set the story straight, it's hard to tell how an earlier inquiry would have been answered.

I AM now and will continue to be amazed how so-called journalists publish so much incorrect information. In this case Nate had NO source whatsoever who provided him the information he published as "fact", so he can't even say he got it wrong. He didn't misunderstand; he didn't through inadvertence mis-speak; and he didn't mis-quote anyone. He simply had NO idea and didn't care enough to find out. That's not sloppy work, it's SHODDY work.

No source? He spoke directly to the parents when little Deorr went missing. I'm not understanding what you're saying.

no mention of the older guy in the store looking at deorr.

no mention of the possible sighting of him in a vehicle.

"I don’t believe the store has a surveillance (system), but we have a receipt that shows they purchased certain items,” Bowerman said. “The time was stamped on the receipt, so we believe that’s where they went.”

Why on earth wouldn't there be a definitive on the surveillance camera? Good grief. I mean there either is or isn't one.

If it wasn't an abduction and you're 99% sure the baby was there and the 4 people are good then what the hell happened?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Why would great-grandpa not be alarmed when Deorr went "over the bank"? WTH?

Ok, so were mom and dad "exploring" or "setting up camp" - I have read both.
Exploring
going for a walk
going for a hike
Setting up camp

All have been reported!

The only pertinent thing I heard was that they did, in fact, go there on Thursday July 9th. They have a receipt that confirmed they were at the store Friday (late morning?) when they said they were. The rest was useless info IMO. I am sure Sheriff Bowerman isn't used to so much "attention" but his body language was terrible. He never looked Nate in the eye, and he didn't sound assured and confident. Just an observation.

That substantial news coverage was actually worse than no coverage.

The only pertinent thing I heard was that they did, in fact, go there on Thursday July 9th. They have a receipt that confirmed they were at the store Friday (late morning?) when they said they were. The rest was useless info IMO. I am sure Sheriff Bowerman isn't used to so much "attention" but his body language was terrible. He never looked Nate in the eye, and he didn't sound assured and confident. Just an observation.

He sure didn't inspire confidence or trust in me.

"I don’t believe the store has a surveillance (system), but we have a receipt that shows they purchased certain items,” Bowerman said. “The time was stamped on the receipt, so we believe that’s where they went.”

Why on earth wouldn't there be a definitive on the surveillance camera? Good grief. I mean there either is or isn't one.

That's exactly what I thought. You're the sheriff! "I don't believe the store has surveillance" - it makes it sound like he hasn't even checked it out for sure whether they do or don't! Wishy-washy.

Why would great-grandpa not be alarmed when Deorr went "over the bank"? WTH?

And why didn't the first group of search dogs follow his scent to "over the bank"?!!

Meanwhile, Bowerman said DeOrr’s parents and the great-grandfather were questioned multiple times by Lemhi detectives.

“Those three have been very cooperative,” Bowerman said. “They’ve given us everything we ask for, and I feel real good about the parents and the grandfather.”

^^^This seemed to be an obvious omission of the 4th adult in the group. Until he added this regarding IR:

"I’m not getting any feeling that he’s not being truthful,” Bowerman said. “He’s come up to the area on a second occasion with me, and I think he’s been very truthful and I appreciate his help.”

Which wasn't 100% convincing IMO.

Reading between the lines (which is all I have at this point) it still sounds like he was hesitant to completely endorse IR.

Yeah, nothing earth-shattering about that report. Interesting things to note (IMO):

-LE possesses a receipt from the Kunz's trip to Leadore, which is "time stamped" (but he doesn't tell what the time stamp indicated). It is mentioned in the interview as being Friday morning. Parents also stopped for diesel fuel in another location on the way to camp. No security cameras at either location. Receipts would not include or exclude Deorr being with the parents, so they don't tell us much, really.

- the Sheriff seems to know a lot more than he's saying, which is not entirely unexpected. We won't likely hear more until the FBI report is handed over to local LE.

- "Personally, I think that abduction is one of the least likely events" - Sheriff

- He seems to dismiss the parents and grandfather as suspects unconditionally, and to be rather conditional is his dismissal of IR as a suspect: "until we find a piece of evidence or locate anything that tells me otherwise, I think he's being very truthful." Hmmm.....

- All 4 adults at the scene voluntarily took polygraphs (but no indication if they passed or not)

The only other "fact" from sheriff's interview: all 4 adults voluntarily took polygraphs
Those results have been sent to the FBI.
So I guess he'll hear back from them sometime.
argggghhh is the word of the day:(
jmho

If it wasn't an abduction and you're 99% sure the baby was there and the 4 people are good then what the hell happened?

AND extremely extensive searches occurred for days over a 3 mile radius! Babies don't just disappear into thin air. IMO, he's NOT 100% good with IR, reading between the lines.

"Early in the investigation, there were conflicting reports about when the family arrived at the Timber Creek Campground in Leadore. Authorities had said the group arrived Friday, July 10, but Bowerman said the group actually arrived late on Thursday, July 9. The next morning, DeOrr’s parents said they took their son to a store about 20 minutes from the campsite."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member