ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other reporters have tweeted info from the hearings in the courtroom pre-trial... so maybe as long as the phones are on "silent" and don't record sounds, images... reporting can be done.

Here are the rules (which includes cell phones & electronic devices)

https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/...ounty-Courtroom-Overflow-Viewing-Location.pdf

In the link you posted, as long as devices are on silent mode and make no sounds whatsoever, Boyce's order for the trial does not outlaw tweets nor use of laptops or similar.

The only issue we will have as outsiders, if we want to hear about the trial, is for there to be a media member (or other) willing and competent at relaying courtroom proceedings via device, and to have a seat (somewhere) allowing them to hear/observe. They do have seating in multiple locations, which might help.

Last edited:
If I understand correctly... the only remedy once the trial begins is for the prosecution to have Kay & Larry testify first. Is it simple enough to have the prosecution call them first?? AND, if they do this... what happens if either Kay or Larry is subject to recall?

A lot of interest in that article. Wow, 1800 potential jurors.

Also, the Court site to make reservations for the trial has now opened, although you can only reserve on the business day before your requested day, between 8 and 10 am.

I can not read this article - forbidden over here - can you give maybe a 10% synopsis on this - plus the 1800 potential jurors part? TIA! :)

For attorney access only and that motion might not have been granted

FYI - this article is from Feb. 2, 2021.....

If I understand correctly... the only remedy once the trial begins is for the prosecution to have Kay & Larry testify first. Is it simple enough to have the prosecution call them first?? AND, if they do this... what happens if either Kay or Larry is subject to recall?

I was just coming to post this. If Lori doesn't want them in the courtroom, she will insist her attorney make them subject to recall so they won't be in the courtroom at all.

CONSTITUTION OF THE STATE OF IDAHO​

ARTICLE I DECLARATION OF RIGHTS​

Section 22. RIGHTS OF CRIME VICTIMS. A crime victim, as defined by statute, has the following rights:
(1) To be treated with fairness, respect, dignity and privacy throughout the criminal justice process.
(2) To timely disposition of the case.
(3) To prior notification of trial court, appellate and parole proceedings and, upon request, to information about the sentence, incarceration and release of the defendant.
(4) To be present at all criminal justice proceedings.
(5) To communicate with the prosecution.
(6) To be heard, upon request, at all criminal justice proceedings considering a plea of guilty, sentencing, incarceration or release of the defendant, unless manifest injustice would result.
(7) To restitution, as provided by law, from the person committing the offense that caused the victim’s loss.
(8) To refuse an interview, ex parte contact, or other request by the defendant, or any other person acting on behalf of the defendant, unless such request is authorized by law.
(9) To read presentence reports relating to the crime.
(10) To the same rights in juvenile proceedings, where the offense is a felony if committed by an adult, as guaranteed in this section, provided that access to the social history report shall be determined by statute.
Nothing in this section shall be construed to authorize a court to dismiss a case, to set aside or void a finding of guilt or an acceptance of a plea of guilty, or to obtain appellate, habeas corpus, or other relief from any criminal judgment, for a violation of the provisions of this section; nor be construed as creating a cause of action for money damages, costs or attorney fees against the state, a county, a municipality, any agency, instrumentality or person; nor be construed as limiting any rights for victims previously conferred by statute. This section shall be self-enacting. The legislature shall have the power to enact laws to define, implement, preserve, and expand the rights guaranteed to victims in the provisions of this section.

Just screenshots of stuff from Lori's lengthy synopsis on the Idaho site.

Court minutes from the "who is a victim" hearing and court order.

Just in case they vanish it.

Attachments

• 20230331_085347.jpg
    20230331_085347.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20230331-085207_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230331-085207_Drive.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 25
  • 20230331_085322.jpg
    20230331_085322.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 24
Chronologically that makes sense, since they were the first to sound the alarm, and got the ball rolling in this case. Imo.

I have to say I'm shocked that there are still reservations open for court on Monday, unless I'm reading this wrong. You can make reservations between 8am and 10am, one business day before the court date. It's 9:13am MT now. This shows there are still seats open. Hope Nate Eaton got in! I'm not inclined to go for jury selection.

Maybe they have a ton of requests and they have to confirm things before they show it's full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear