ID ID - Ellena Loeffler, brain injury, skydiving accident, stillstaples, abrasions & lacerations on body, bruised face, no pain meds, Tw 21 Feb 2023

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
TWIN FALLS, Idaho (KMVT/KSVT) — For the second time today, the Twin Falls Police Department is asking for the community’s help to locate a missing woman.
TFPD is asking for help to located another missing woman

Ellena Loeffler has been reported as missing. She has brown hair and brown eyes and is approximately 5′8″ and 130 lbs.

She was last seen on February 21st - wearing a maroon and black plaid flannel shirt and dark gray sweats.

Loeffler has had a brain injury due to a skydiving accident. She still has staples on the back of her arm, stitches on thumb, and many other abrasions and lacerations.

She also might still have bruising on her face. She should have been taking pain medication but left it at home.

If you have any information regarding Ellena please contact Detective Brandi Matthews at 208-735-7327 or bmatthews@tfid.org.
*Oopsie! I messed up the title. Apologies to all. I’m sorry.

This is so sad! I wonder who is caring for her, if anyone. It certainly sounds like she needs care at this point.

She was lucky to survive a skydiving accident and certainly doesn't need any more trauma while her brain heals.

When was the accident? And is this the second time they’ve lost her?
I read that the same way but with further googling I think Ellena was the second woman reported missing that day. Clunky wording that assumes everyone reading the article is local.

I can't find a single news report about the accident.

When was the accident?
RSBM
Sounds like the accident was very recent. Probably this month, certainly this year. MOO
I read that the same way but with further googling I think Ellena was the second woman reported missing that day.
I agree, and apparently that other woman has been located.
Edit: changed "found safe" to "located".
ETA again: we have a thread for that woman

Last edited:
According to the missing persons report, Ellena has ties to California. Might that be San Diego? LinkedIn has a profile for a very similar looking woman with the same name.

Does Ellena have a significant other?

I read that the same way but with further googling I think Ellena was the second woman reported missing that day. Clunky wording that assumes everyone reading the article is local.

I can't find a single news report about the accident.
Given the description of her injuries, the skydiving injuries likely would have been reported as an aircraft accident (depends on if there were broken bones and hospitalization of more than 48 hours). If so it would show up on the ntsb.gov website (you can use the search function to find accidents by state). 49 CFR § 830.2 - Definitions.

Given the description of her injuries, the skydiving injuries likely would have been reported as an aircraft accident (depends on if there were broken bones and hospitalization of more than 48 hours). If so it would show up on the ntsb.gov website (you can use the search function to find accidents by state). 49 CFR § 830.2 - Definitions.
Only 3 incidents this year so far in California, one was in San Diego, another in Calexico, the other in Watsonville. None involved skydiving. I also checked Arizona and Idaho, nothing.
Interestingly, I found a similar skydiving incident in nearby Oceanside, but on Jan. 27, and the subject was male:

Can't find anything for Idaho, I wonder whether the incident report might not be online yet.

Only 3 incidents this year so far in California, one was in San Diego, another in Calexico, the other in Watsonville. None involved skydiving. I also checked Arizona and Idaho, nothing.
Interestingly, I found a similar skydiving incident in nearby Oceanside, but on Jan. 27, and the subject was male

Can't find anything for Idaho, I wonder whether the incident report might not be online yet.
The FAA posts the initial reports of any accidents on their website within 24 hours of occurrence unless it happened over the weekend when they post on Monday. Non-fatal accidents usually post pretty quickly to the NTSB site (within a couple of weeks for non fatals) It's not unheard of for a skydive operation to NOT report an injury that would be defined as an accident but it's not likely. OR her hospitalization was such it didn't meet the NTSB definition of an accident. Incidents are also normally reported to the US Parachute Association. A search here shows some from late 2022 for female jumpers. United States Parachute Association > Rating Holders and S&TAs > Browse Incident Reports

Last edited:
Unlikely guess but... Maybe it was an indoor "wind tunnel" accident? (I thought those were safe until I saw some accident info online)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back