Found Deceased ID - Eric Rose, 32, car got stuck & he walked out to get help, Owyhee County, 10 Feb 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

So so glad the baby did not also get frostbite!! Hope her dad is found safe and soon. Have they checked all the cabins/buildings surrounding the area?

2. Ched

Ched Well-Known Member

Oh my just watched video .... laughing , smiling family members .... like they had just had some kind of funny experience on a day trip , (I’m in the uk )I’ve never seen such an odd interview to a tragic story PS I’m still no clearer if they found cabin together

3. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Agreed. Even statements are confusing in this report, posted recently.

'It was just something he had to do': Wife of missing man in Owyhee County shares her experience of being stranded for days

She said she walked with him to a nearby cabin but it was empty. He decided to walk further on and see if he could find help or get to a higher elevation to get cell phone reception to call for help.

Watson said she was worried and didn’t want him to leave.

So Rose headed out but never came back. Watson said she and the baby stayed in the truck that night and nearly froze.

The next morning, Watson went to the cabin where she and the baby stayed for another three days.

“It was getting a little tougher after that because I was doing all this by myself and was worried sick about him,” she said.

After staying a few days in the cabin she decided to go back to the truck to see if help would come – and it did. A man on a snowmobile found the truck and was able to rescue Watson and the baby.

Watson said when all was said and done, they’d been stranded in the cold for about a week.

4. StarEyes

StarEyes Well-Known Member

Oh, wow. How did they sustain themselves for ~ a week? Did they have food or an emergency kit in case they’d get stranded? I’m sorry if I’m missing something, so please let me know if I am. Thanks!

5. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

They went hungry for a few days in their car (made baby formula with melted snow) and then found a cabin that had some food and water. Still very unclear if he went to the cabin with them before leaving to find help.

6. StarEyes

StarEyes Well-Known Member

Thank you for the info. That’s really scary. Finding food in the cabin was very fortuitous. I hope he’s found soon. What a frightening experience they’ve had!

7. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

8. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I'm so glad the wife and baby are fine, and hope there's a chance Eric is, too. I realize we've had other sad cases similar to this happen, where one goes off to find help and never returns, but - I just wish he'd have stayed at that cabin with them. I would have, but then again, I wasn't there.

9. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

So they found the cabin, he went off to find cell service or help and she went back and froze in the truck for the night, then went to the cabin for three days then went back to the truck in a road with three feet of snow on it looking at it and thought another traveler on a closed road might find her and her and baby are better off in a freezing truck out of gas rather then a cabin where she can burn wood. hmmm.....there is more to this story. Not saying she is not a victim, just saying there is more to this. IMHO

10. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Yes...you summarized it nicely. That's how I read it as well, and unless journalistic reporting has taken a misquoted turn somewhere (not impossible), this back and forth makes no logical sense. She and the baby did survive, so that's a positive fact. Hope that cabin was checked to see if Eric ended up there (or back there). jmo

11. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Member

Perhaps the person being interviewed wasn’t clear either - resulting in a confusing description of events. Just a theory.

12. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Bump for Eric, and also for more clarity in news reporting and hopefully an update!

13. moonriverfarm

moonriverfarm Well-Known Member

Any updates??????

14. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

15. moonriverfarm

moonriverfarm Well-Known Member

She found the cabin, used a ladder to break out a window - where was the baby then? The whole story boggles the mind. Why didn't she just leave a note in the car saying WE ARE AT A CABIN NEARBY?

rootbeer, doodles1211, zecats and 9 others like this.
  16. Carja7

Carja7 Member

What about any tracks in the snow to indicate which way he went?

doodles1211, StarEyes, zecats and 3 others like this.
  17. Coppertop15

Coppertop15 Active Member

W
    With all the snowfall and drifting, I think his tracks would be gone. I do hope he's ok. Im glad the baby is ok. She's cute. I wish I didn't have the questions I do.

18. siliconrod

siliconrod Well-Known Member

I believe that Eric succumbed to the elements and hopefully his body will be recovered this spring after the snow has melted and his family can get some closure.

PommyMommy, Dre, altojack and 5 others like this.
  19. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Member

Hoping for some news :(

StarEyes, PommyMommy, Barlow and 4 others like this.
  20. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Eric, where are you?