Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
(re. them turning on each other)

It's taking a while but I've noticed that is her pattern, indeed it looks like an ingrained family pattern. Their whole interviews were about putting the blame for everything that's ever gone on in Lori's life on anyone but Lori.

Perhaps she needs a bit longer with no reassurances coming now from Chad, but I see it coming. I don't think pleading the 5th is going to work for either of them.

But perhaps there is going to be no alternative now than to admit and claim psychological issues as a mitigating factor, for her.

Her whole adult life has been chaotic, and IMO it was easy for her to manipulate her brother and her niece. There is a hole in this nightmare as far as I'm concerned and it has to do with Alex. MBP said she had not really had anything to do with him until she was 30, when her marriage broke up. There is a certain silence around him. I get the feeling there is an awful family secret here but I don't think the trials will get that skeleton from its closet.

moo

Yes and the only article I saw on her -yelling at him in the street about bringing disgrace on the family- was via the DM.
I hope LE has interviewed those neighbors on what they might have heard.

MOO

IMO, for someone that exhibits malignant narcissistic tendencies (LV), it’s going to take only the slightest perception (by her) that CD has wronged her and it’s “game on”. She won’t stop until she has destroyed him. What’s the saying; “past behavior is a good predictor of future behavior?”

ETA: it’s only a matter of time before new charges are added. High profile attorneys will jump on board and will likely pit one against the other. It’s going to take time for the strategy to unfold.

Last edited:
IMO, it will take some time for Lori to turn on CD. She is depending on him for financial and emotional support. She has used men her whole life. Once she sees that support isn’t coming, and she can’t find another man to use, then she will resort to behaving as she has done in the past, which is to put all the blame on CD. It will take awhile though.
She also doesn't have access to him now. No phone, no mail, no texts, no face-to-face, presumably no info about him. Her support network has dwindled significantly since the children's remains were found. All of the friends she had w/AVOW, PAP, even daily temple visits would have garnered just a few admiring people who thought she was a diligent regular member. Has anyone found it weird that there are very few (if any) lifelong friends of Lori's? She appears to not keep friendships more than a few years/locations/men - (let alone husbands) IMO.

Her own son has shown he is not on her side, her sister and others have said they were 'oh so very wrong' to support and have faith the kids were ok. The only patterns of behaviors with Lori & relationships that I can decipher is that she can not keep one long term (other than blood relatives). Relationships take hard work to keep them. Lori's pattern appears to be burning bridges behind her not cementing healthy long-term friendships that can withhold and endure troubled times.
JMO

Not to derail the conversation but Chad's cover story about shooting the racoon indicates to me that he wanted to (needed to) mention a gunshot. Tammy was a "friend to all animals," so says her headstone. So am I. Yesterday a racoon came around in broad daylight because she was hungry - she has four kits in the woods below our house. I would be offended if my husband shot her. If he just wanted to cover up the fact that he buried something, he could just have said he found a dead cat, or dog, on the side of the road and wanted to give it a proper burial. The gunshot seemed critical to the story. Which means, what? Someone was still alive when they got to the Daybell property?

I love raccoons, too, but one thing that I think has been overlooked is that raccoons will kill ducks. They will eat eggs. They will be in to any feed that you are using for pets. They will tear up your garden, strip the corn. So I think it is fairly likely that Tammy did not like raccoons around the house. JMO

She also doesn't have access to him now. No phone, no mail, no texts, no face-to-face, presumably no info about him. Her support network has dwindled significantly since the children's remains were found. All of the friends she had w/AVOW, PAP, even daily temple visits would have garnered just a few admiring people who thought she was a diligent regular member. Has anyone found it weird that there are very few (if any) lifelong friends of Lori's? She appears to not keep friendships more than a few years/locations/men - (let alone husbands) IMO.

Her own son has shown he is not on her side, her sister and others have said they were 'oh so very wrong' to support and have faith the kids were ok. The only patterns of behaviors with Lori & relationships that I can decipher is that she can not keep one long term (other than blood relatives). Relationships take hard work to keep them. Lori's pattern appears to be burning bridges behind her not cementing healthy long-term friendships that can withhold and endure troubled times.
JMO
Perfect description from what we have learned about her. Still, I think she will definitely not turn on Chad before July 22nd if she believed that garbage. And even then, her funds would need to run dry. Not hearing from him will only make her hold tight, believing he will figure out a way for them to escape all of this.

Lori has never had to face her true self before. I’m not so sure she ever will.

I am sure of one thing. She never loved her children, nor her husbands, nor her brother. Her life was a charade.

I feel certain she and Chad and Zulema killed Alex with something that cause blood clots and made it look like natural causes.

Perfect description from what we have learned about her. Still, I think she will definitely not turn on Chad before July 22nd if she believed that garbage. And even then, her funds would need to run dry. Not hearing from him will only make her hold tight, believing he will figure out a way for them to escape all of this.

Lori has never had to face her true self before. I’m not so sure she ever will.

I am sure of one thing. She never loved her children, nor her husbands, nor her brother. Her life was a charade.

I feel certain she and Chad and Zulema killed Alex with something that cause blood clots and made it look like natural causes.

I'm still wondering how his autopsy was completed and made public so much quicker than Tammy's (still waiting). I think they are both equally important in this tale. Are they being more careful and thorough with Tammy's? Wouldn't they carefully compare the two since its likely they died by the same means? MOO

CuriousQuiet1 said:
Happy to vouch for you as expert on cell phones if you back me on not having lost my marbles...

Seriously, somebody here on WS brought up the point that all of Lori's and Chad's devices would have been cloned during the serving of the warrant in Hawaii and those devices would then be handed back to Lori and Chad. I am not dreaming that am I?? The WS search function is not my friend today.

I posted about Cellebrite back in February - but not sure if that's what you're remembering. I'm definitely not a techie, but it has come up in several cases I've followed.

Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #14

I don't think they would have the authority to simply clone all their devices. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they would have confiscated the devices if they had enough evidence to support that. At that time, getting a judge to sign off on cloning all devices for all data and doesn't sound the least bit plausible

@Tortoise On a side note, Cellebrite does incredible work. However, the FBI and NSA are no slouches and they're not unwilling to utilize 3rd party resources such as professional hackers as we've seen in the past.

Who pays an attorney is generally considered nobody's business. However, on rare occasions it does come up. In the Dan Markel murder trial there was constant speculation as to who was paying for defendant Katherine Magbanua's defense, the suspicion being that it was bankrolled by the Adelson family (who are suspected to be behind the murder). After all, Magbanua had no source of income and yet had two high powered Miami attorneys working for her. The prosecution brought the matter before the judge arguing that, if true, it could raise issues as to whether the defense was truly representing Magbanua's interests or merely a sham to try and keep her quiet. The judge held a private conference with the attorneys and announced he was satisfied the defense was being paid by a third person unrelated to the Adelson family. (Interestingly, that later led prosecutors to suspect the attorneys were being paid out a a million dollar embezzlement committed by Magbanua's sister). In this case, as a married couple, it would be permissible for both attorneys to be paid from their marital assets. On the other hand, both attorneys are absolutely required to represent the interests of only their own clients if a conflict should arise. If money starts to run dry I would imagine Chad is in a better position to direct funds to his attorney by virtue of his being out of the hoosegow for so many months and being in control of the finances and I assume they don't have that much in liquid cash by now. Means could decide to take an I.O.U. so he can continue enjoying the publicity and national media attention. I would guess his office has seen an uptick in business as a result of all the exposure.

Great post. In regards to the last sentence. Who is watching MM and thinking to themselves, "ooooh, look at the awesome job this guy is doing. I better call his law office for my legal matters". Ha!

I'm still wondering how his autopsy was completed and made public so much quicker than Tammy's (still waiting). I think they are both equally important in this tale. Are they being more careful and thorough with Tammy's? Wouldn't they carefully compare the two since its likely they died by the same means? MOO
Maybe he agreed to self-destruct. He could have been told that it was for the mission. Took something a week before, in Las Vegas, that would be slow acting and leave his body after a few days, after MG went to the police.

I think there was something fishy about his last call with MBP. She made sure to say IP was at work - which is so irrelevant, but important to her. And she wrote down what he had to say, because it was so insightful, but she doesn't say he wasn't feeling good that day, so I think there's some misdirection going on there. Then she made sure to say IP was at home when ZP called later, which again leaves me thinking 'so what?'

She also never manages to say ZP told her he'd died, her sentences all trail off before that important part.

And he had a last call with Lori, apparently. Saying his farewells.

moo

Great post. In regards to the last sentence. Who is watching MM and thinking to themselves, "ooooh, look at the awesome job this guy is doing. I better call his law office for my legal matters". Ha!
Pizza, I think it might work w/those folks who don't watch what is happening in the news or follow cases Atty's are on. I think it is more about word of mouth on the street. "You should hire MM for an Atty - he is the one representing LV, so he must be good". (Much like supporters of CD & LVD initially did - oh if they are members of "x" group they must be good, etc.)
All moo

Pizza, I think it might work w/those folks who don't watch what is happening in the news or follow cases Atty's are on. I think it is more about word of mouth on the street. "You should hire MM for an Atty - he is the one representing LV, so he must be good". (Much like supporters of CD & LVD initially did - oh if they are members of "x" group they must be good, etc.)
All moo

I was being sarcastic. I know there is no shortage of the people you mention in our society.

I don't think they would have the authority to simply clone all their devices. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they would have confiscated the devices if they had enough evidence to support that. At that time, getting a judge to sign off on cloning all devices for all data and doesn't sound the least bit plausible

@Tortoise On a side note, Cellebrite does incredible work. However, the FBI and NSA are no slouches and they're not unwilling to utilize 3rd party resources such as professional hackers as we've seen in the past.
I would have thought the search warrant would have allowed them to download their phones, for the welfare of missing children, and conversely I think they would have no authority to confiscate the devices, leaving them without phones and contacts etc. But that's just my take on it, with no evidence to back it up.

I would have thought the search warrant would have allowed them to download their phones, for the welfare of missing children, and conversely I think they would have no authority to confiscate the devices, leaving them without phones and contacts etc. But that's just my take on it, with no evidence to back it up.

Would love to hear some feedback from a lawyer or @vislaw is always here. I just see almost no possibility that they're going to be granted a warrant to scrape all data from phones in hopes of "finding something".

Jeez Louise! I am diligently trying to read every thread in order but only on thread 43! I got excited and jumped up here to be able to post. I am very curious about the Buckaroo Bills BBQ and ice cream stop. Unsure if this is sleuthable or not. I think IT MIGHT BE because it is specifically named in LE documents. 1) neither Lori or any of them are particularly outdoorsy. IIRC Lori made a comment to Melanie about how they would not be living in tents? So why go to Yellowstone? I don’t see precedent that Lori went out of her way to make special memories . I suspect there was another motive. 2) IMO the stop at Buckaroo Bills BBQ was not random. IMO it was by design they went on a Sunday when it would be closed to the general public. 3) look at the contact email for that business. Look at the person attached to that email. Look at the declared income and residence history. JMOO I think they went to meet an old friend of Lori/Cox family.

Teche said:
Love that word, hoosegow!

Hoosegow. ... The word is from Mexican Spanish juzgao, a jail, which came from juzgado for a tribunal or courtroom. It shifted to mean a jail because the two were often in the same building (and the path from the one to the other was often swift and certain).

@Tortoise - I see you asked a question on the Media thread - almost answered over there...
You were wondering if she would have another initial appearance on the amended charges. She does have a preliminary hearing for Madison Co. on 7/9, so maybe they will just re-charge her in that hearing.... just a guess!

Hoosegow. ... The word is from Mexican Spanish juzgao, a jail, which came from juzgado for a tribunal or courtroom. It shifted to mean a jail because the two were often in the same building (and the path from the one to the other was often swift and certain).

@Tortoise - I see you asked a question on the Media thread - almost answered over there...
You were wondering if she would have another initial appearance on the amended charges. She does have a preliminary hearing for Madison Co. on 7/9, so maybe they will just re-charge her in that hearing.... just a guess!
That hearing has been cancelled Niner. I think it would have made sense to keep it. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member