Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think prosecution doesn’t want to open the whole Zombie can of worms, at least not yet. They may also be avoiding it because they anticipate will be used as a defense if/when the defendants are hit w/murder charges.

Melanie was all Zombie this and Zombie that in her media interviews so clearly the prosecution directed her to avoid mentioning Zombies today. Will be interesting to see if Prior brings the subject up tomorrow. Can he if it wasn’t mentioned in direct questioning? After the prosecution calls witnesses does defense have the opportunity to call their own, or is cross-exam the only chance Prior gets in the Prelim?
I wonder. Are zombies relevant to Chads case? Was it just Lori that mentioned zombies? I cannot remember.

I am not sure Lori would be allowed to watch Chads preliminary. I mean legally it would give her the opportunity to spin things. (Not that it will help her)

I'm unsure. Any of our lawyers here? @AZlawyer ?

I don't know how they would be able to keep her from watching a publicly broadcast hearing. I am sure at the very least MM watched and now has a long list of new things to ask her about... for instance, were u ever on Chad's property and did you happen to have any phone with you?

I think what we just watched was the equivalent of how football fans feel when their team makes the superbowl... and we are only at the very beginning of the first quarter.

JMO... And p.s. in payback for my husband calling in the middle of the first detective's testimony, he just had to listen to me babble for an hour about how amazed I am by the very little bit (compared to actual trial) of evidence we got to see/hear today. I probably sound like a manic LV. I should probably reign it in a bit. Oh well.

So much to catch up on! I had to go to work today but I was able to watch the trial. Melanie Gibb is a Rock Star!!! I take back anything I ever said! I am going on Tricia's show tonight to explain the Book of Mormon references in Melanie's phone call with Lori and Chad in case anyone wants to know more about that!
How is she a rock star? She was a part of that cult. She lied to police. She had to know they had disappeared those children. So she finally tells the truth. Good for her. But a rock star she is not. And by the way, she left her own husband and four children for her boyfriend, David.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
How is she a rock star? She was a part of that cult. She lied to police. She had to know they had disappeared those children. So she finally tells the truth. Good for her. But a rock star she is not. And by the way, she left her own husband and four children for her boyfriend, David.
I think everything you said it true. But, I was extremely impressed with her phone call to Chad and Lori and what she said. I thought she did a fantastic job. MOO

I thought TD was training for 5k run. That’s just over 3 miles.

Is that not correct?

I’m with you@BUF, I also recall it as a 5k. I’ve heard so many references to Tammy training for a marathon, and I think it’s just a mistake. I wish I could find a solid reference to this, but I’m positive I read it somewhere here. I want to say her dad said when she visited them prior to her death that she was doing Zumba and planning on running a 5k. Not a marathon or triathlon.

I keep wondering how Lori can keep up with all her various lies to different people? She tells some people Tylee is going to BYU in Hawaii and others it is BYU-I. Then she tells several different versions of the death of her husband (none of them being the truth).

So now her brother AdC was allied with her dead husband and trying to kill her for her 2 million insurance policy???? Geezus who believed that? Who took that policy out on her, I have yet to hear who was paying the premiums.

I am willing to bet she has ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY.

That taped convo with MG was beyond bizarre. And CD throwing in about TD made me sick. Wonder if he has always lied too?

These are 2 despicable human beings that need to be put away forever.

JMO

My takeaways from today -

Why did the police believe MG when she told them the same evening that LV had come and taken JJ back already? They had to have known that there was something fishy with that story - with LV being in Idaho and having told police JJ was with MG in Arizona (even though MG was in Utah).

I don't think it's coincidence, if I'm understanding the testimony correctly, that:-

LV's name was down on apartment 107,
Alex's name was on apartment 175,
Alex told police to look for LV in 107,
Chad told police he'd last seen JJ at 107,
107 was empty - while LV was not answering the door at 175,
MBP told police her uncle lived in 175 when they asked her who lived there back at the beginning of November.

If the police were being sent to 107 I think the children were killed in 175 and that was always their plan before they even moved to Idaho - to avoid forensic searches of 175 and them thinking police wouldn't link the name Cox to LV. If the shooting at BB had never taken place, police wouldn't have started surveillance of LV for the jeep and they might never have known about LV living at apartment 175.

What a load of blunders (thankfully).

And leaving the storage receipt behind - even if it was in the name Ryan! I had to laugh when I heard her telling police her brother was trying to kill her for her life insurance. Run out of husbands to be the big bad villain!!

MOO

I wonder if there’s anything keeping Wood from referring to L as “Lori Daybell,” since it’s legal (right?!) and after all, she requested...

Cringe whenever I hear “Vallow.” Can only imagine how painful it is for Larry and Kay.

ETA: Prior using it: disingenuous IMO

It was also likely tough for Kay Woodcock to hear Lori refer (in the body cam footage) to CV's death as "he passed on" or "my husband who passed on" and tough for CW (CV's previous wife and the mother of CV's two biological sons) to hear Lori's claim that she "raised five kids" (Colby, Tylee, JJ and CW's two boys).

I understand what you are saying here, but there are many people who would have said nothing at all, or not fought the corner for the children (albeit late, but better late than never). If MG had not gone to the police to verify, or undertaken this recording, I do not think that the children would have been found. MGs family circumstances are not relevant to this case.

I'm unsure. Any of our lawyers here? @AZlawyer ?

I don't know how they would be able to keep her from watching a publicly broadcast hearing. I am sure at the very least MM watched and now has a long list of new things to ask her about... for instance, were u ever on Chad's property and did you happen to have any phone with you?

I think what we just watched was the equivalent of how football fans feel when their team makes the superbowl... and we are only at the very beginning of the first quarter.

JMO... And p.s. in payback for my husband calling in the middle of the first detective's testimony, he just had to listen to me babble for an hour about how amazed I am by the very little bit (compared to actual trial) of evidence we got to see/hear today. I probably sound like a manic LV. I should probably reign it in a bit. Oh well.

I’m with you on the last part, to an extreme degree. Have to take things in super slowly and only mention it on days like today — but my hubby doesn’t like me discussing it *at all!* :cool:

I think everything you said it true. But, I was extremely impressed with her phone call to Chad and Lori and what she said. I thought she did a fantastic job. MOO
I understand what you are saying here, but there are many people who would have said nothing at all, or not fought the corner for the children (albeit late, but better late than never). If MG had not gone to the police to verify, or undertaken this recording, I do not think that the children would have been found. MGs family circumstances are not relevant to this case.
Possibly. We may never know. But she isn't a rock star. That’s my point.

I keep wondering how Lori can keep up with all her various lies to different people? She tells some people Tylee is going to BYU in Hawaii and others it is BYU-I. Then she tells several different versions of the death of her husband (none of them being the truth).

So now her brother AdC was allied with her dead husband and trying to kill her for her 2 million insurance policy???? Geezus who believed that? Who took that policy out on her, I have yet to hear who was paying the premiums.

I am willing to bet she has ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY.

That taped convo with MG was beyond bizarre. And CD throwing in about TD made me sick. Wonder if he has always lied too?

These are 2 despicable human beings that need to be put away forever.

JMO
not Alex. It was the other brother

It was also likely tough for Kay Woodcock to hear Lori refer (in the body cam footage) to CV's death as "he passed on" or "my husband who passed on" and tough for CW (CV's previous wife and the mother of CV's two biological sons) to hear Lori's claim that she "raised five kids" (Colby, Tylee, JJ and CW's two boys).
I think you’re absolutely right that it was hard for Kay to hear.

It was hard for me to listen to that crap, and I’m not related to these poor children. Just a grandparent that would try to do the same in their situation. Lord, I could only hope to be as classy as Kay and Larry!

It’s things like her claim of raising his sons that make you gag. But that’s Lori! Her day is coming.

If a jury hears that phone call, Lori is done for. Completely cooked. Holy heck.

She’s a deranged liar and unrepentant about the murders.
We find it damning because we know in our hearts LV and CD knew the kids were dead and they were part of the decision to kill them. However, I fully expect both Chad and Lori to claim they believed Alex had taken the kids someplace safe. Chad may throw Lori under the bus and say she misled him, or he may say it’s possible Lori didn’t know they were dead either. Absent juror emotion/pre-disposition, IMO the recorded phone call does little to disprove those positions. I hope they have some evidence that Chad and Lori KNEW they were dead.

It’s clear Chad plans to claim he had no idea the kids were dead, but at least he has to explain away bodies buried in his backyard and his raccoon text to Tammy. Lori can claim she had no idea about any of it. I’ll sleep better as soon as I hear there’s admissible evidence proving that’s another Lori lie.

JMO

So much to catch up on! I had to go to work today but I was able to watch the trial. Melanie Gibb is a Rock Star!!! I take back anything I ever said! I am going on Tricia's show tonight to explain the Book of Mormon references in Melanie's phone call with Lori and Chad in case anyone wants to know more about that!

At 10pm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member