Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #56

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Patch Tuesday, Dec 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

They are going to be tried as co-defendants.

One of the arguments the state put forward for joining the cases was the Supreme Court ruling that "joint trials 'play a vital role in the criminal justice system.' They promote efficiency and 'serve the interests of justice by avoiding the scandal and inequity of inconsistent verdicts'. "

https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22-20-838/Memorandum in support of Motion for Joinder.pdf

2. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

But you have to change passport, drivers license, social security, bank accounts, etc. Government doesn't make it so easy to change your identity.

3. BeachSky

BeachSky Well-Known Member

Have the Woodcocks ever pursued this?
    I mean...the non-handling of her brother’s obvious murder?
    IDK. Thanks in advance.
    Insane the way Alex got away with it.

JMO

4. BeachSky

BeachSky Well-Known Member

Really hard for me not to type..
    Both a waste of space. Let’s get it over.

MOO

Shadow@light likes this.
  5. janewall

janewall Well-Known Member

Even with the lack of spousal privileges in cases involving crimes against children in Idaho per @pizzaman12 , they weren't married yet when Tylee and J.J. were murdered and disposed of.

6. pizzaman12

pizzaman12 Well-Known Member

I respectfully disagree. A valid marriage certificate will allow you to address pretty much everything stated without actually changing your name.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  7. SleuthD-o-doubleg

SleuthD-o-doubleg Well-Known Member

It would seem they may not be pertinent. Or this case is high profile for him so he’s focused. Either way it does come across as excessive. o_O

All jmo moo imo

8. GoofyJen

GoofyJen Well-Known Member

Perhaps it's different from state to state. I had to take my marriage certificate, social security card and driver's license to the social security office in order to legally change my name. I was then issued a new social security card with my married name that I could take to get a new driver's license.

9. Spartygirl

Spartygirl Verified Insider - Michael Vanzandt case

Agree 1000%

10. Spartygirl

@Niner and @Tortoise Thank you both so much for all of your info of gathering the court dates and times of WS cases.
    I appreciate you both

dcfi224, lake daze, altojack and 9 others like this.
  11. Spartygirl

Thank you so much for being here with us and I appreciate all of your local info... always.

12. MsJosie

MsJosie Well-Known Member

I would not be surprised to see MM write a book or sell the rights for a movie about his client. I know in the felon arias case, K Nurmi was suspended for writing a book. Some lawyers do try and think that is their big cash win. How do they survive with all the bills just working with one client primarily over a few years, unless the main lawyer has lawyers working on other cases, under him. They would be bringing in money to support him, family and business. I have a feeling this could turn into a ‘circus’ like in the arias case....that was ridiculous.
    Below link is to back up what I said about Nurmi. JMOO

Lawyer agrees to suspension for writing book about Jodi Arias murder trial

13. Spartygirl

I would not be surprised either
    and the word "circus" reminds me that I would not be surprised to see that in little Gannon's case with LS.

14. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

I'm calling it first: this is what all the "requesting a cell phone" is about, IMO.

MM is infatuated with Lori. He wants to be able to get her on the phone, etc. at a moment's notice - at her suggestion, I'm sure.

Nothing is normal about spending multiple full days per week with one's client. Nothing.

Kemug, loreet, cb73 and 20 others like this.
  15. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

BBM. Jodi Arias tried that defense in Arizona, that she was a battered woman that Travis attacked and she just had to fight back. That defense failed. The Chandler PD is still at fault for an incompetent investigation in this case.

16. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

Oh wow, out of all the infuriating and heartbreaking things involved in that video clip, one of the worst of them is seeing how high-school Lori was the spit and image of Tylee. How could she???

Kemug, altojack, EvaBell65 and 7 others like this.
  17. Tom_Servo

Tom_Servo Well-Known Member

It's Lori's world, everyone else is just living in it.

BTW...I hope Wood is one of those genius types because his courtroom presence is awful. He's a real dud. The other attorney working with him during dumbos pre-trial was far more polished. The prosecution would be more effective if Wood just directs the efforts because his questioning is monotonous and monotone. Real boring stuff jurors will yawn over.

18. GoofyJen

GoofyJen Well-Known Member

To be honest, if I was a juror on this trial I certainly wouldn't be impressed by an attorney trying to win a personality contest. A serious prosecutor is needed here, and s/he needs to present facts and evidence. The attorneys for the two accused seem like used car salesmen to me and one of them says "quite frankly" more in 30 minutes than I've said in the last year. I personally am turned off by all of the exaggerations, feigned indignation, and general b.s. shenanigans.

19. MTW2011

MTW2011 Well-Known Member

and IF the death of Tammy ever becomes a case against anyone, you likely wouldn’t be too impressed by that new prosecutor too. She’s handled only one homicide case so far, the murderer confessed to it all but a Judge ruled the investigators violated his Miranda Rights. A snippet from what the Court said....
    “After being advised of his rights and questioned as to whether he would like to speak with the deputy, Mr. Ohlson stated, “No … Not without an attorney,” Pickett wrote. “While the words ‘No’ and ‘not without an attorney’ were separated by roughly thirteen seconds and an order from Deputy Sewell to go sit in his cruiser … the Court finds that a reasonable officer in similar circumstances would have recognized Mr. Ohlson’s delayed statement as a request for counsel.”

he was still convicted but....her lack of experience doesn’t bode well (IMO) with her limited experience. The same with Wood. I’ve yet to think, if he’s anything like he was at the preliminary trials, that he could bring emotion into this and really make it sound like they’re fighting for justice for these poor kids. Many have said he will be much better during the trial, I sure hope so....

20. 887sMtreme

887sMtreme Well-Known Member

Yes, I get that. I wasn’t really talking so much about the details of this case as just riffing on the terrible oddness of domestic violence.

But wow, isn’t it true you couldn’t make that scene up, even for a crazy David Lynch movie?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.