Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #63

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by Patch Tuesday, Dec 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

I was wondering, perhaps Charles Vallow's name should be added to the already long name for this thread?

dcfi224, Kemug, Woodberry and 7 others like this.

2. montegrl

montegrl Well-Known Member

Hi @Niner and @pizzaman12, The change of venue hearing was originally scheduled for 2 days and they were going to discuss the prosecution's motion to sequester the jury today if JP was ready for it but at the last status conference on 9/30 they decided to wait on that issue and both parties felt they could do the change of venue hearing in one day so the hearing for today was canceled. The trial date has been vacated too so there are no open hearing dates scheduled at this time. Here's the end of the docket:

• 10/05/2021 Motion for Change of Venue

Original Type
      Motion for Change of Venue

Judicial Officer
      Boyce (District), Steven

Hearing Time
      9:00 AM

Result
      Hearing Held

Parties Present
      State: State of Idaho

Prosecuting Attorney: Blake, Lindsey Anne

Prosecuting Attorney: Wood, Robert H.

Defendant: Daybell, Chad Guy

Attorney of Record: Prior, John

• 10/05/2021 Court Minutes

• 10/05/2021 Order

Comment
      to Close a Portion of the Hearings and Seal Record and Exhibits

• 10/05/2021 Order to Continue

• 11/08/2021 Jury Trial

Judicial Officer
      Boyce (District), Steven

Hearing Time
      9:00 AM

Cancel Reason
      Vacated

dcfi224, Kemug, MsJosie and 13 others like this.
  3. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

4. indicolite22

indicolite22 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    dcfi224, Shadow@light, jash and 16 others like this.
  5. indicolite22

Shadow@light, jash, Kemug and 14 others like this.
  6. indicolite22

This is about an interview with ZP on April 29 this year.

Alex Cox’s widow Zulema Pastenes - interviewed on 4/29/21 by CPD.

https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1445832355780837383

Pastenes said that Alex Cox told her if anything ever happens to him, there was duffel bag of money he left behind for her. Cox made the statement within 2 days before he died on 12/12/19 in Pastenes’ Gilbert home.
    https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1445836272744890376

Pastenes: Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell called Alex to say the body of Tammy Daybell (Chad’s dead wife) was being exhumed. Exhumation took place on 12/11/19 - day before Cox’s death.
    https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1445836710739279872

Pastenes told police she asked Alex if he had anything to do with Tammy’s death. He said no.
    https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1445836831145168906

7. indicolite22

Tylee Ryan interviewed by Chandler Police Department: full video

“In hindsight, I probably shouldn’t have brought it out at all because it caused more trouble.” — Tylee Ryan to police regarding the baseball bat.
    https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1445848672248352769

8. indicolite22

Alex Cox, Lori Vallow's brother, interviewed by Chandler Police Department: full video

dcfi224, jash, Kemug and 13 others like this.
  9. altojack

altojack Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to start watching these interviews tomorrow. Too late for me to start tonight, I'm tired and almost asleep now at 10.25pm! Thank you for posting them.

10. indicolite22

Alex Cox's widow interviewed by Chandler Police Department: full video

ZP claims that Alex told her: "I think I'm going to be their (Lori and Chad's) fall guy." and "Either I am a man of God or I'm not."

ZP was the point of contact with Lori and Chad after they fled from police. Messages to the group went through her.

11. indicolite22

Melanie Gibb, Lori Vallow's best friend, interviewed by Chandler Police Departmnet: Full video

ETA: I think MG and ZP were interviewed by Rexburg PD detectives, not Chandler PD.

12. SleuthD-o-doubleg

SleuthD-o-doubleg Well-Known Member

Local update: MM was at the women’s detention center today

13. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

I'm only a short way in but... some of her answers are a bit odd (i.e. contents of the duffel bag). *She makes earthquakes but can't remember what was in the bag?!

ETA: Hmmm... after watching just a few minutes more, I think I'm going to find many of her answers odd.

14. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

Absolutely! He's a victim of these two as well. It was no "self-defense". They tried to drag Charles's name through the mud.

15. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

Has there been any decision yet by the judge on Chad/Prior's motion for a change of venue??

16. Chelly

Chelly Always Remember Teghan Skiba

Once Zulema starting talking she couldn't stop.

Shadow@light, altojack, jash and 7 others like this.
  17. des2021

des2021 Well-Known Member

Thank you @indicolite22 for posting all of the interview videos. The one thing that stands out to me is that not Lori, Tyler, or Alex can remember what was supposedly being said when all of the yelling was going on with Charles! In my opinion, that’s because Charles wasn’t causing a scene and yelling. It was pre-meditated and they murdered him! MOO

18. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

Oh wow!! I'm super interested in Zulema... I started Tylee's, but 2 hours was a little long for me to contemplate today. Maybe tomorrow...

Shadow@light, Laughing, jash and 7 others like this.
  19. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

20. Colorado303

Colorado303 Verified Insider Watts Case

The survey testimony had me pulling out my hair. So many issues, starting w/only 18 respondents from Freemont County, the presiding venue that alledgedly needs to be changed. Then there’s the sample bias. Ignore that people on the “list company’s” list are a subset in themselves. Consider they invited people by emailing them asking if they’d like to take a survey on a local crime. Members of the larger jury pool who don’t follow true crime news will scroll right by. So by self-selection participants are more likely to a) be informed about the case and b) have an opinion than would the random bear. Yet “sample bias” doesn’t appear to be something JP, RW or the Judge are even aware of.

But for argument’s sake let’s assume sample composition and size weren’t fatally flawed. I’m flabberghasted that no one asked the obvious question: How do these results compare with those among people in the counties you suggest moving to? I have no doubt that a lot of people in Rexford and surrounding counties think Chad and Lori are guilty (even though I believe most can and do set aside their opinions if seated on a Jury and the majority of those who can’t or won’t are weeded out during voir dire). However, I’m certain there are people clear on the other side of Idaho, the US and the planet who are aware of the case and also think Chad and Lori aee guilty. How many? Who knows. But if the numbers are similar to those captured in the local survey, there’s absolutely no point in moving the trial (other than to shorten commute time of Defense attorneys).

I found the utter lack of understanding of consumer research in that courtroom dismaying. A dismay that goes way beyond this particular case. How many other times in other courtrooms has evidence been presented where no-one in the room understands enough about the subject to know when it’s being misrepresented. Not just surveys—surveys are relatively simple in the grand scheme of things. Ballistics, blood evidence, digital footprints, GAAP, all sorts of stuff.

Oy Vey

JMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.