Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa. Truly wicked. Do we know if the kids had insurance policies?

I never entertained the idea that there were life insurance policies on JJ and Tylee (as there would have to be proof of death before anyone could collect the payout) but I suppose it's possible.

The whole "Lord's will" talk these people did leaves me smh.

jmo

Whoa. Truly wicked. Do we know if the kids had insurance policies?
LV would have to produce death certificates to collect life insurance benefits. That could have been awkward.

According to the Idaho murder indictment, LV and Chad Daybell texted back and forth about Tammy and JJ's death percentages July 30, 2019. It seems as if LV and Chad Daybell did explore options after LV didn't get the million dollars she expected from Charles' policy. READ: Here is the indictment document for murder against Chad and Lori Daybell - East Idaho News

MOO & IMO

Last edited:
I wonder if Charles knew about Lori's plans to kill Joe at the time and what he thought about it. Also, wouldn't the police uncover a murder plot? Who brags about it to everyone?
Alex and Lori conspired to attack JR, and possibly intended to kill him.

The arrest affadavit for the incident:
https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1216135830684594177/photo/1
It's linked from this story: Court documents: Lori Vallow's brother threatened to kill her 3rd husband in Texas

Briefly, when JR returned to his car after a supervised visit with Tylee, Alex was waiting for him in the parking lot. He approached to 'talk' but then pulled a gun, which turned out to be a taser. He tasered JR twice as he tried to run away, and threatened to kill him, and kept chasing him until they ran into a witness, when Alex walked away.

Lori later talked to her circle of religious friends about having wanted to murder JR:
Audio recording captures Lori Daybell saying she 'was going to murder' her third husband - East Idaho News

JR appears at some point to have given up the attempt to stay in contact with Tylee and Colby, and died alone of a heart attack 10 years after the attack by Alex.

I don't think they succeeded in murdering JR, but they seemed to have tried, certainly tried much harder than people in even the most contentious divorces, and Alex was sent to jail. So, IMO it wasn't a novel idea to kill Lori's ex, and IMO after a failed practice run, they were determined to be successful this time.

LV would have to produce death certificates to collect life insurance benefits. That could have been awkward.

According to the Idaho murder indictment, LV and Chad Daybell texted back and forth about Tammy and JJ's death percentages July 30, 2019. It seems as if LV and Chad Daybell did explore options after LV didn't get the million dollars she expected from Charles' policy. READ: Here is the indictment document for murder against Chad and Lori Daybell - East Idaho News
Lori continued to collect the children's benefits after they died, and was using Tylee's money (some sort of insurance or inheritance from her father JR's death) and assets (eg her Jeep). So there was a financial advantage to killing them.

"You should get a life insurance policy on jj, tylee, and you. Cause after Charles we see that anything can always happen if it's the Lord's will." Dets say #MelanieBoudreaux sent text to #LoriVallow just 10 days after #CharlesVallow's murder. @KSL5TV

https://twitter.com/GarnaMejiaKSL/status/1446876128182878208
Hard to know what was going on in her mind. It's been pointed out by others that, aside from Alex with his occasional trucking job, none of the people in this cult had salaried jobs that they had to go work at every day. They all aspired to very nice lifestyles but were dependent on other people, or their own schemes, to produce the cash. I believe the word is 'parasite'.

Lori continued to collect the children's benefits after they died, and was using Tylee's money (some sort of insurance or inheritance from her father JR's death) and assets (eg her Jeep). So there was a financial advantage to killing them.

Then there’s the savings in tuitions, treatments, and other pesky costs represented by the children. That was money in the bank, too.

ASSOCIATED PRESS OCTOBER 10, 2021 2:21 AM

Police detail cultish beliefs of Lori Daybell, charged in kids’ deaths in Idaho

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/northwest/idaho/article254901447.html

Police detail cultish beliefs of Lori Daybell, charged in kids’ deaths in Idaho

Newly released documents from the complex investigation of a woman accused of conspiring to kill her children and husband reveal sordid details of a cult-like belief system of “zombies” and “vibrations” plus a disintegrating marriage and an affair.

“All of these overt acts were done so Lori could eventually be with Chad Daybell and reportedly complete their mission here on earth,” the police department wrote in the report. “This belief system, lust and greed would also lead to the deaths of Tylee Ryan, JJ Vallow and Tammy Daybell.”

The Daybells used a special scoring system to determine whether people were good or evil, Gibbs said. Each person was assigned a number to indicate how many times they had lived before, as well as a “light” or “dark” rating to indicate if they had made a contract with God or Satan.

People were also given “vibration” scores and trustworthiness ratings, and those with high-enough “vibrations” were deemed to be “translated,” holding special powers.

The Daybells believed “zombies” were people who had died and their bodies had been possessed by evil spirits. The group would spend time praying to get rid of the zombies, and believed that if they were successful the possessed person would physically die, freeing their soul from “limbo.”

Lori Daybell told some of her friends that her estranged husband Charles Vallow was a zombie, according to investigators, and some in the group regularly joined her in praying for Vallow’s demise.

After Vallow was shot and killed by Alex Cox during an argument, Cox reportedly told another follower that he didn’t feel bad because he killed a zombie. The group also believed that once a person became “exalted,” they couldn’t be held responsible for their actions on Earth.

The report said Lori and Chad Daybell believed in reincarnation, and that Lori Daybell was a “Goddess” sent to bring the second coming of Christ. The pair also allegedly believed they had special powers, with Lori Daybell telling one friend that she could teleport between Arizona and Hawaii.

Chad Daybell reportedly told the group that he had a “portal” in his home where he could receive revelations and travel to other realms, the report said.

Lori Daybell’s close friend Melanie Gibbs told investigators Chad and Lori Daybell drew people into their circle of believers by giving them bits of information and flattered followers by telling them they were part of the select few who were supposed to carry out a special spiritual mission.

Those who questioned the beliefs were pushed out of the group, investigators said.

The Daybells used a special scoring system to determine whether people were good or evil, Gibbs said. Each person was assigned a number to indicate how many times they had lived before, as well as a “light” or “dark” rating to indicate if they had made a contract with God or Satan.

People were also given “vibration” scores and trustworthiness ratings, and those with high-enough “vibrations” were deemed to be “translated,” holding special powers.

The Daybells believed “zombies” were people who had died and their bodies had been possessed by evil spirits. The group would spend time praying to get rid of the zombies, and believed that if they were successful the possessed person would physically die, freeing their soul from “limbo.”

Lori Daybell told some of her friends that her estranged husband Charles Vallow was a zombie, according to investigators, and some in the group regularly joined her in praying for Vallow’s demise. After Vallow was shot and killed by Alex Cox during an argument, Cox reportedly told another follower that he didn’t feel bad because he killed a zombie.

The group also believed that once a person became “exalted,” they couldn’t be held responsible for their actions on Earth.

“Because Lori was already ‘exalted,’” Pastenes told the investigators, according to their report, “she would often slam her hand on the counter and state, ‘Doesn’t count for me!’”

Last edited:
@squareandrabbet Did you finally watch ZP's interview with police? If so, would you care to share your opinion? (I see one of my posts made you ROFL) :)

Hoo boy, did I ever... what an interesting experience.

First thoughts: she’s certainly not an introvert, lol…

The entire interview was just odd, IMO. (I mean, your husband leaves you a mysterious bag, and after his tragic death you’re all rummaging through it like “tra la la… I wonder if these headphones work?”)

At about the one-hour mark, it got interesting again:

"and now i understand that you know, um, they were probably telling them through, um blessings to do certain things and"

-who is “they”? Clearly Chad and Lori… “telling them through blessings”? That makes Alex’s death after a blessing from Chad very interesting to me now. Maybe Chad's "blessing" is telling him what to take in order to die. :(

-Conference calls with Melani and Ian?! Methinks Melani is not very happy about right now…

-The burner phones have made an appearance… apparently it looks like Lori thought you didn’t have to throw them away if you kept relaying various calls through them in a round robin, haha.

all the co-conspirators abandoned Melani, who was then calling Zulema all frantic… I wonder if this is when Ian admitted he was talking to the FBI.

The massage and the mysterious phone call… it was interesting that the first thing after Zulema mentions the weird massage after which she had to struggle to wake up, the detective wanted to know if Alex had an insurance policy out on her. (Frankly, it was kinda, sorta, my thought too… plus all that conversation about how Lori was always telling Zulema that she (Z) was super important to the mission and had to be protected.)

Lastly, I wonder what is going to become of the mysterious pair of scissors Lori left at Zulema’s, that she promised to bring the police?

...I don't know. She's clearly being evasive about some things, but I don't know where precisely her evasion stems from. She certainly provided investigators some good information; and I don't think she and Melani P will be buddy-buddying again at any time soon.

Just imagine the out of pocket added costs the defense will incur. I wonder if Chad would be transported back and forth daily? If so he would have to get up very early and get back way late. :confused:

I’ve looked into this and believe Chad would be moved to the Ada County Jail in Boise. Don’t know about Lori. Presumably the judge, attorneys, and other essential personnel would take rental houses or apartments for the duration rather than hotel rooms. It’s certainly disruptive. We can trust Idaho sleuths and news media to fill us in. Will the baton pass to Boise press from East Idaho News, or will they stay with the story they broke?

I’ve looked into this and believe Chad would be moved to the Ada County Jail in Boise. Don’t know about Lori. Presumably the judge, attorneys, and other essential personnel would take rental houses or apartments for the duration rather than hotel rooms. It’s certainly disruptive. We can trust Idaho sleuths and news media to fill us in. Will the baton pass to Boise press from East Idaho News, or will they stay with the story they broke?

Hopefully East Idaho News pitches a tent there. IIRC, wasn't Boise where Prior wanted? Too many cases for me to have perfect recall in my head. o_O '

I also think Chad would be housed out there, too risky and time sensitive to be taken back and forth. Thanks.

Just imagine the out of pocket added costs the defense will incur. I wonder if Chad would be transported back and forth daily? If so he would have to get up very early and get back way late. :confused:
Oops, I first read that as "teleported"! Well, why not? After all, Lori can apparently get from Arizona to Hawaii that way :D.

Yes Prior wanted Boise. His and Means offices are just down the road so a very short commute for them to the Boise courthouse. And Chad will definitely be housed locally. That is a terribly long commute to do every day.

Jeez, this case gets deeper and deeper and still we're not at the end.
You know, it's a terrifying thought of how much further chad and Lori would have gone in the future. But, IMO, we don't know if it is still going on, who would be carrying out future dark deeds in their group. If in fact there are still members who hold onto these beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member