Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
An alternative scenario is that Alex went to Chad's to drop off a suppressor-equipped weapon and left, which Chad then used in Chad fashion to botch an assassination.

I go with that, so Chad attempts to take a shot, botches it and takes off. Meanwhile, Tammy is yelling for Chad who is in the house and IMO removing his mask, hat and whatever as he hotfoots it over the side wall makes his way into his house and then Chad opens front door to Tammy and asks what's going on.

When she tells him, his response is JMO or not, it's probably kids with a paint gun. Boom.

I agree. Alex didn’t seem like the kind of guy who would miss his aim, certainly not at such close range, nor would he bring an elephant gun to a mouse hunt. He also didn’t seem like the type of guy to expose himself so rashly. I will review the material, though.

I dunno. He tasered Joe Ryan. And readily admitted to killing Charles Vallow. JMO

JM: Lori Vallow & Chad Daybell Associate Police Interview

I apologize if this has been discussed, I am always trying to catch up on this thread. Jason Mow said in this interview at about 1 minute 55 seconds in that his sister lives in Rexburg and his sister's husband, Jason Mow's brother-in-law is the principal at the school. Is that the school where Tammy worked? Where Emma works now?

I apologize if this has been discussed, I am always trying to catch up on this thread. Jason Mow said in this interview at about 1 minute 55 seconds in that his sister lives in Rexburg and his sister's husband, Jason Mow's brother-in-law is the principal at the school. Is that the school where Tammy worked? Where Emma works now?

"In 2015, the family moved to Salem, Idaho and she became the assistant librarian at Madison Middle School. She later became the librarian at Central Elementary School in Sugar City, Idaho. She was treasured and loved by the staff and students alike."
Obituary for Tamara Michelle Daybell at Flamm Funeral Home

The missed shot at BB was a classic flinch, high and to the right. Do we have any idea of where Alex would have been standing relative to Tammy's car?

What if he (inexplicably) missed on purpose? Did she surprise him with her reaction? Alternatively, could the gun/rifle have jammed? Would Tammy still report multiple shots? If she thought the weapon wasn't loaded, did she hear anything at all? Did Alex use a silencer?...

I agree. Alex didn’t seem like the kind of guy who would miss his aim, certainly not at such close range, ...

IMO we have a lot of people assuming Alex is a trained killer with ice water in his veins. I see a guy who fired several rounds at Charles from a few feet away (see the police body cam, one police man says "He shot the ___ out of this guy" and an EMT walking around heard on camera saying something like there are a lot of shots fired. Not 2 as in the autopsy, but walking around saying "another shell casing over here... how many is that?"). Then we have Alex possibly shooting at and missing Tammy. Then we have Alex (according to BB) shooting and missing BB. At best Alex, if he really did any of this shooting, hit nobody who was more than 3 feet away from him. I don't understand why people are surprised Alex, if it was Alex, didn't kill Tammy that night she was shot at. He wasn't a great shot IMO.

I posted a link many months ago to a YouTube video comparing a .45 (a gun we know Alex had) with a silencer to a paint ball gun. The sounds are indistinguishable to me.

Link here.

Last edited:
An alternative scenario is that Alex went to Chad's to drop off a suppressor-equipped weapon and left, which Chad then used in Chad fashion to botch an assassination.
RSBM

It has shocked me from day 1 that this was written off as kids with paintball guns. What kids? This is rural Idaho where everybody knows everybody. Tammy works at the local school and her daughter lives across the street and works at the school. They both know all the kids within miles.

Nobody takes a shot at Tammy in that neighborhood unless they live in that neighborhood or they have a getaway car nearby. The getaway car we know belonged to Alex and we know the FBI has phone pings telling what time it was there. Chad makes more sense, I agree. Personally I think it was Alex based on gut feeling only. Whoever pulled the trigger, Tammy was set up by Chad to be shot in the driveway that night. Alex would not have known her schedule so well that he happened to be in the driveway with a gun when she got home.

How could Tammy's kids not understand their father orchestrated this attempt on her life?

This was released about a week ago. He's quite the criminal mastermind. This is Chad DABAL from Iowa. D-A-B-A-L...What a moron

Chad Daybell called funeral home hours after Charles Vallow was killed, police reports show - East Idaho News

Here's a direct link to the one posted today but it's the same as the above
I hope Tammy's children wake up and stop defending their father when they hear him calling the funeral home asking questions about the murdered husband of their soon to be step-mother who Chad says he doesn't yet know.

I don’t think it was Chad shooting at Tammy, I think she would have known even though he was wearing a mask.

After being married to someone for so long you can pick them out in a crowd just from the way they move. I can tell where my daughter is while watching her marching band or playing ice hockey just from the way she moves/states. My mom could spot my dad in a sea of camouflage because of the way he moves despite being surrounded by hundreds of soldiers who look the same.

Nobody takes a shot at Tammy in that neighborhood unless they live in that neighborhood or they have a getaway car nearby. The getaway car we know belonged to Alex and we know the FBI has phone pings telling what time it was there. Chad makes more sense, I agree. Personally I think it was Alex based on gut feeling only. Whoever pulled the trigger, Tammy was set up by Chad to be shot in the driveway that night. Alex would not have known her schedule so well that he happened to be in the driveway with a gun when she got home.
SBM, BBM. I agree. Why would he practice shooting in the weeks prior if he was only the weapon provider? It is stated in the affidavit that Alex was the shooter. IMO there's corroborating evidence that has not been disclosed yet. Perhaps he was seen leaving the scene in a vehicle. According to the affidavit, Alex bought a burner phone on the day of the shooting. Messages between him and the co-conspirators could have been intercepted. The first Chandler PD document dump revealed that Alex left his regular phone at home during the attack on Tammy. It is documented when he used it before and after.
How could Tammy's kids not understand their father orchestrated this attempt on her life?
IMO the level of denial does not allow them to go there. They did not see any signs and he's denying it, so they only have other people's claims.

I don’t think it was Chad shooting at Tammy, I think she would have known even though he was wearing a mask.

After being married to someone for so long you can pick them out in a crowd just from the way they move. I can tell where my daughter is while watching her marching band or playing ice hockey just from the way she moves/states. My mom could spot my dad in a sea of camouflage because of the way he moves despite being surrounded by hundreds of soldiers who look the same.

Agree completely! No problem finding my fiance at his college graduation -- couldn't tell you how many graduates, but we all know what each one was wearing! This pre-dates dressing up your mortarboard, BTW.

Way back in 1976, I was able to go to Europe with a friend. Returning to Chicago, finished processing, walked down a long hall into a huge open room -- and turned left to look directly up at my Dad on the mezzanine, waving back.

Yup, you know your family & your framily & loved ones.

Tammy would have known it was Chad.

I do think Alex would have been hate&zombie-primed by Lori to attack JR, CV, and BB.

When face-to-face with Tammy, different story.

jmho ymmv lrr

I also think it was Alex. If it was Chad, why would he have left the job unfinished? What would have prevented him from taking an extra minute for another attempt? IMO, Chad couldn't have let her live if there was any possible way she could have identified him (which I believe she could have).

This reminds me of the book turned into a movie, Flags of Our Fathers about raising the flag on Iwo Jima in World War 2. Officially the US Marines named the men in that famous picture but one woman kept writing to the Marines that she was sure her son was in the picture. She could tell by a still shot of his leg in standard issue boots and pants in a black and white photograph that she knew it was her son. Decades later after examination of all the film available she was proven right.

I agree that Tammy would have known Chad's size, shape, and movements. So why did Tammy say it was a kid? Alex wasn't a small person so would not be mistaken for a kid. Was it someone else who was smaller? Or did she go inside the house and Chad convinced her it must have been meaningless, just neighborhood kids playing? Or maybe I am misremembering and she never said it was a kid? I'll look at the timeline.

OK, I agree the balance of probabilities works against it being Chad, despite it being physically possible. Then the question is, how did the shooter (whoever it was) arrive, park a vehicle without Tammy seeing it and thinking "Oh, we've got visitors," and leave without Tammy or anybody else noticing? What was the plan? Was it for Chad to pick up the shooter, take him/her to the house, and then take them away and come back and "discover" that Tammy had been shot by person or persons unknown?

OK, I agree the balance of probabilities works against it being Chad, despite it being physically possible. Then the question is, how did the shooter (whoever it was) arrive, park a vehicle without Tammy seeing it and thinking "Oh, we've got visitors," and leave without Tammy or anybody else noticing? What was the plan? Was it for Chad to pick up the shooter, take him/her to the house, and then take them away and come back and "discover" that Tammy had been shot by person or persons unknown?
If only Tammy were still alive to enlighten us. Oh well.

‘Cult Mom’ Lori Vallow’s brother Alex Cox shot at Tammy Daybell days before her sudden death; child murders were planned for nearly a year: Prosecutors

"The prosecutor’s filing states that Alex Cox went to the Daybell home on October 9, 2019, and attempted to shoot Tammy Daybell. On that day, Tammy Daybell called police to say that a “masked man” had fired toward her with a “paintball gun.” On the morning of October 19, Chad Daybell said he woke to find his wife dead in their bed. The indictment alleges that Cox was in “a church parking lot approximately 2.5 miles from the Daybell residence on the night of October 18, 2019.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member