Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised by that, because Lori Hellis clearly stated in her newsletter of just the day before that Lori HAS been excommunicated. So that was kind of walked back, though it is a safe assumption that if Chad has been excommunicated, then Lori has been excommunicated also.

Also to consider....... LOri did call the Church lawyers.... Would she have done that if she had been excommincated......

Also to consider....... LOri did call the Church lawyers.... Would she have done that if she had been excommincated......

Unless a manipulative faux-Goddess is putting another brick or two on her Wall of Incompetence?

bricks-laying.gif

Bricks Laying GIF - Bricks Laying - Discover & Share GIFs

jmho ymmv lrr

SBM, BBM. I wonder how that happened? Was it sent to a wrong address and sat there?
According to the information given it was sent to him in jail but the jail didn't deliver it to him until after the date given for him to appeal. So either 1) there is a lengthy process for mail delivery within the jail system (i.e. each letter has to be opened up, read, photocopied, checked for contraband or evidence of other illegal activities, etc.) before being delivered to inmates, or 2) someone was spiteful/negligent and purposefully/accidentally delayed mail delivery to Chad so that he couldn't appeal in time, or 3) it was delivered on time, but the recipient was too embarrassed/ashamed of the disciplinary action taken against him that he is lying about not receiving it in time in order to lay blame at someone else's feet and/or give him justification to appeal at a later date, or 4) something else. Option #3 seems the most likely, IMO.

JMO.

But isn’t the excommunication based upon Chads nutty teachings which were then adopted by other LDS members & which were contrary to church teachings? It’s not about any murders. A church has its own rules. It’s not the government. There’s no legal due process guarantee. It seems irrelevant to the legal case.
That’s my understanding.

Unless a manipulative faux-Goddess is putting another brick or two on her Wall of Incompetence?

bricks-laying.gif

Bricks Laying GIF - Bricks Laying - Discover & Share GIFs

jmho ymmv lrr

because LV is incompetent….per medical personnel….her lawyer may not have told her she was excommunicated…the medical personnel would not be involved in telling her. I bet all LV mail I’d going to her lawyers office….that is MM address not JA address. moo

That’s a fair question. Would a jury likely to be composed of at least some members of the LDS Church find that exculpatory to any degree or not? Would it even be legal to bring it up?
My intuition is that the prosecutor won't include much on LDS, perhaps a passing mention.

In the Indictment, each of the three charges for the murders of Tylee, JJ and Tammy includes the allegation that "Chad Daybell (and Lori Vallow Daybell) did endorse and espouse religious beliefs for the purpose of encouraging and/or justifying the homicide..." of each of them in turn.

So I think the prosecution will focus only on evidence that shows talk about the victims being light/dark, predicting the victim's future deaths, theories about the victims turning into zombies. Whatever is included in evidence, IMO, will shine the spotlight on how these religious theories were very specifically promoted as a way to persuade Alex to kill the victims.

This gets past their potential defence that Alex did the murders on his own, and also the question of his motive.

I notice Chad's name appears first and Lori's is in brackets. Perhaps that indicates they have evidence that the religious suggestions came primarily from Chad, and Lori picked them up from him and was persuaded by them, and in turn persuaded Alex.

That way he can't get away with the argument his lawyer wants to make, that this was a conspiracy between Lori and Alex, and Chad had no part in it.

ETA: but to go back to my point, in order to tie the religious beliefs directly to the murders, it's important to keep it simple and not get into a long rigamarole about tangential things like JR, or LDS prophets, End Times etc. The more focussed the information, the better it will persuade the jury.

JMO

That’s a fair question. Would a jury likely to be composed of at least some members of the LDS Church find that exculpatory to any degree or not? Would it even be legal to bring it up?

What context is it relevant to the case? How could the state introduce this information into the trial?

I don't think that the state is going to be able to make an argument that the excommunication is relevant to the State's case. This is a murder trial. The activities of the LDS religion in their administrative matters are probably not relevant to the case.

Nor would the LDS church officials have anything to say in regards to the excommunication. It is bound by confidentiality.

Darn. I really wanted to have a reason for this information to be part of the record. Jurors do come into a trial with bias, and it can be impossible to not let a core belief be part of a decision. Pretty much, if you grow up LDS, people who get excommunicated by the LDS church are "bad". I am not even sure how that bias could be overcome.

It may not be overt. And a juror may state that he/she could overcome this. But, it may not even be conscious.

And is the fact that CD/LVD were excommunicated even part of the trial? More than likely, not. And someone who was not LDS, it probably wouldn't have any meaning attached at all.

This information that CD and LVD were excommunicated by the LDS religion is interesting. I wonder what CD'S family thinks about this?

I also can't help but wonder what impact this could be on the jury, if any of them are LDS. Getting excommunicated by the LDS church is a pretty big deal.

How to get excommunicated from the Mormon church
I wonder which upsets Chad the most - losing his church, or losing his bride?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni