Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon me a moment. I follow this case because I know and love the Daybell/ Douglas families. It has been haunting me the last few days that Tammy called for Chad after Alex tried to shoot her. In her Facebook post, anyone can get a taste of Tammy's personality. She contemplated smacking the assailant with the freezer meals she had made at enrichment night. This moment says so much about Tammy. She was funny, joyful, trusting, and always loving and serving her family. She was seriously one of the brightest lights I have ever met. And here's the thing. We know now from reports that Tammy likely knew at least something about the affair and it was still Chad she called on for help. He was actively plotting her murder and she still trusted him and she slept in the same bed with him. That's how unbelievable the idea was to her that he would have anything to do with the shooting. It was an impossibility. I just keep thinking of this as I continue to feel so much love and compassion for Chad and Tammy's kids. I know all of them. They are like their mom. Funny, kind, trusting and such bright lights. This ordeal has been beyond devastating for anyone who comes into contact with this story in any way but especially so for the Daybell children. They, like Tammy was, are still in a position to some degree of turning for help and counsel to the very person that has been causing them all this trauma and grief because to them, the idea that he could be in any way responsible for their mom's death is impossible. I know from the outside it strains credulity that they would be in denial about Chad's part in things but it is because of their goodness and their mother's goodness that they can't see it. They are truly victims, every bit as much as Tammy and my heart breaks for the moment they have to come to terms with the fact that their father not only killed their mother, but then used them to bolster his own defense. They have so much pain ahead of them still. Sorry for the personal nature of this post. I'm just up in the night, sad about this. It took me a long time to believe Chad was guilty. I can't even imagine what this has been for his kids.

Pardon me a moment. I follow this case because I know and love the Daybell/ Douglas families. It has been haunting me the last few days that Tammy called for Chad after Alex tried to shoot her. In her Facebook post, anyone can get a taste of Tammy's personality. She contemplated smacking the assailant with the freezer meals she had made at enrichment night. This moment says so much about Tammy. She was funny, joyful, trusting, and always loving and serving her family. She was seriously one of the brightest lights I have ever met. And here's the thing. We know now from reports that Tammy likely knew at least something about the affair and it was still Chad she called on for help. He was actively plotting her murder and she still trusted him and she slept in the same bed with him. That's how unbelievable the idea was to her that he would have anything to do with the shooting. It was an impossibility. I just keep thinking of this as I continue to feel so much love and compassion for Chad and Tammy's kids. I know all of them. They are like their mom. Funny, kind, trusting and such bright lights. This ordeal has been beyond devastating for anyone who comes into contact with this story in any way but especially so for the Daybell children. They, like Tammy was, are still in a position to some degree of turning for help and counsel to the very person that has been causing them all this trauma and grief because to them, the idea that he could be in any way responsible for their mom's death is impossible. I know from the outside it strains credulity that they would be in denial about Chad's part in things but it is because of their goodness and their mother's goodness that they can't see it. They are truly victims, every bit as much as Tammy and my heart breaks for the moment they have to come to terms with the fact that their father not only killed their mother, but then used them to bolster his own defense. They have so much pain ahead of them still. Sorry for the personal nature of this post. I'm just up in the night, sad about this. It took me a long time to believe Chad was guilty. I can't even imagine what this has been for his kids.

Welcome to WS.

BBM- That part is tough to watch. I've said it countless times but I don't think the children are going to be happy with what they see/hear at trial. We only know some details about some evidence. What we do know is while they thought they were cunning, they were simply sloppy. In my opinion, there is going to be a mountain of digital evidence at trial that the public hasn't seen.

Also, since you're familiar with the family, please consider becoming a verified insider. Here's the process.
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Thank you for reminding us that there are still victims in this case that are hurting and confused. As much as we revile Chad, Lori, Alex, etc. surely, we can spare some compassion for those left behind.

Welcome to WS.

BBM- That part is tough to watch. I've said it countless times but I don't think the children are going to be happy with what they see/hear at trial. We only know some details about some evidence. What we do know is while they thought they were cunning, they were simply sloppy. In my opinion, there is going to be a mountain of digital evidence at trial that the public hasn't seen.

Also, since you're familiar with the family, please consider becoming a verified insider. Here's the process.
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Most of us would agree with Pizzaman12.... please consider the verification process.... All of our comments and speculations may be difficult for you... but all any of us want here....... is justice.
And we always, always include Tammy with the two kids. Everything we have learned of Tammy, is that she was the rock of the earth, she took care of the business, and she suffered.
Hopefully, if you stay with us, you will see our total respect and admiration of her.

They all lie and very badly. They just say whatever answers the questions without worry others will check. I suspect most of the family are that way so no one was ever questioned or held accountable.
They have gotten a false sense that they are smarter than everyone else, but in reality no one has cared enough to call them on their stupid lies. Not until they started murdering people, at least.
ETA in response to the comment about MBP lying about the kids whereabouts when she visited.

@TangledWeb2020 thank you. And I am so sorry for your loss, since it appears that you knew Tammy Daybell personally.

I can understand the process of disbelief, "knowing" someone, but not really "knowing" who they are. I hope that the Daybell children are getting support from the community. They are going through a lot, and need help to move forward in their grief process, because they really lost two parents, Tammy, due to her demise, and Chad, the father that they thought they knew...

Full bodycam video of Melani's trespassing incident in American Fork, Utah, in the early morning hours of 11-15-2019:

There she is waving that court order around :mad:
So glad the grandparents called 911 right away!
I don't want to think what might have happened to the children if the officers had allowed Melani and Alex to take them.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting. Many cases of the murder of a spouse leaves the children in the same position as the Daybell children. I am thinking of the Morphew case in CO.
It is also here on WS. The dad murdered his wife and his daughters are solidly on his side. I guess they cannot cope with facing the fact that the monsters among us could be their own parent.

We have all come to love Tammy and all the others that Chad and Lori murdered and attempted to murder.

We pray the eyes of his children will open and they will get the help they need from each other and other family members, as well as counseling. It sounds as if you are suffering as well. I am so sorry.

Johari window - Wikipedia

I often think about this concept in relationship to people like CD, and his relationship with his children. They only see the "window" of CD that he lets them see. It is a useful tool to teach people about how they can be deceived by a psychopath.

My theory is that psychopaths have many different facets, "Johari Window x 100", and they show different people different parts. Completely compartmentalized.

Full bodycam video of Melani's trespassing incident in American Fork, Utah, in the early morning hours of 11-15-2019:

BBM. The timestamp on the police video is Zulu time, indicated by the "Z" at the end. 0000Z hours is 1700 hours Mountain Standard Time, (15 November) so the video was time stamped 17:51 hours local time or 5:51 PM.

Zulu time (ex-"Greenwich Mean Time" AKA UTC) is used by the military and others to provide a single time zone for record and command purposes.

Last edited:

More documents: Melani P. told Ian she’d go to prison before turning against Lori & Chad, Tammy’s preliminary autopsy results is blacked out, & Melanie G. says the last time she saw JJ was when she left Lori’s residence on 9/23 and she was asked by Lori to take JJ with her but she declined.

BBM. The timestamp on the police video is Zulu time, indicated by the "Z" at the end. 0000Z hours is 1700 hours Mountain Standard Time, (15 November) so the video was time stamped 17:51 hours local time or 5:51 PM.

Zulu time (ex-"Greenwich Mean Time" AKA UTC) is used by the military and others to provide a single time zone for record and command purposes.

Thank you for the clarification/correction. I can barely keep up with basic time zones in the US ;)

Not sure if this has already been posted but the docket has been updated to cancel the first hearing scheduled for 9:00 on 12/2. It looks like they will start court at 1:00 with JP's motion:

• 11/23/2021 Order

Comment
    Vacating Hearing

• 12/02/2021 Motion Hearing

Judicial Officer
    Boyce (District), Steven

Hearing Time
    9:00 AM

Cancel Reason
    Vacated

Comment
    Motion for the Court to Allow Additional Evidence & Follow IC19-1816 by Transporting Jury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth