Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what Means will do now? He was basically at the detention center almost every day! Major boundary issues.

he has multiple other active cases, him and Archibald both do. While so many feel - and I concur - feel like he was in over his head on this case, now the State (at least with Archibald) has an very experienced attorney fighting for Lori. The coming months and years will certainly be interesting

I'm a visuals person, so went through all of @SleuthD-o-doubleg 's posts to summarize when MM was confirmed to be at the Women's Detention Center. SleuthD has a life outside of keeping tabs on MM, so these are the days he was there, at a minimum. Of course we don't know exactly where LV has been held recently, but it will be interesting to see if his frequency of being at the facility considerably decreases -- that would lead me to believe he was in fact there doing something (who knows what) related to LV, rather than having other clients there.

(and a giant THANK YOU to SleuthD-o-doubleg for keeping us updated)

red X = MM at the Women's Detention Center

Attachments

• MM at Detention Center.png
    MM at Detention Center.png
    198.4 KB · Views: 105
I did a small Snoopy dog dance when I heard the news! I will miss the laughs I got out of MM and his outrageous, hilarious mangling of the law but thank God he's gone.

And I will be interested in knowing whether he is back at the Women's Detention Center after this. I really don't think he has any other clients over there. I don't think he has many clients at all actually. And a MOO here and a MOO there and a MOO everywhere.

I did a small Snoopy dog dance when I heard the news! I will miss the laughs I got out of MM and his outrageous, hilarious mangling of the law but thank God he's gone.

And I will be interested in knowing whether he is back at the Women's Detention Center after this. I really don't think he has any other clients over there. I don't think he has many clients at all actually. And a MOO here and a MOO there and a MOO everywhere.

I almost wonder if the staff were beginning to have issues with MM constantly there. I mean, it is disruptive. And probably interferred with LVD getting her "treatment".

MM better get back on his bus, and start chasing ambulances again, or whatever he was doing before CD and LVD.

I wonder what Means will do now? He was basically at the detention center almost every day! Major boundary issues.
As much as I'm hopeful the circus is over and we can begin moving forward, I suspect we haven't seen the last of him in regards to this case. IANAL, but based on his past behavior I somehow can envision a scenario where he sues the prosecution, state, judge, or whoever else he can in order to still be relevant to this case and/or profit from it. This high profile case has brought the spotlight (and billable hours) to him and I highly doubt he's ready to give it up without a fight. IMOHO and all that.

Her indigent status came about on or about May 21, 2021 so that's when the taxpayers started footing her legal bills. Within a few weeks after that, she was declared to be incompetent and unable to understand the legal process and/or assist in her own defense yet, according to the post @dcfi224 made above, MM made almost eighty MM visits to the detention center since then.

If she was unable to assist in her defense, what the hell had he been doing there for the last six months? Was MM milking taxpayers after the Daybell cash cow ran dry? Will LVD suddenly be found to be competent with MM not around to keep stirring up the pot?

I believe the gist of (or exuse for) his disqualification goes way back when he claimed to represent both LVD and CD in court and then later told Judge Eddins that he never represented anyone but LVD. I remember the look of astonishment RW had at that moment but why did it take this long for the court toss MM out when it appears it could have been done right away?

Whatever the answers are, I'm glad this clown has been canned from this case and hopefully things will go as normal as they should.

New docs at the link

Justin Lum - Reporter
20m ·

Judge Boyce is not done. Per this order authorizing disclosure of sealed information, portions of previously sealed documents regarding the State’s motion filed on 7/27/21 - will now be unsealed.
The second doc I posted is the order to seal the motion and memorandum objecting to counsel’s entry of appearance and for a finding of conflict (7/27).
This means at some point we get to learn more about the state’s argument to have Mark Means disqualified. The filing will be unsealed as Judge Boyce says public interest prevails over prior order preventing the dissemination of such information.

After this development - not sure IF this is still a go today - but I'll post it anyway - just in case. That way I can shorten it up a bit too.

Wednesday, December 29th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 10am & 10:30am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2019 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) – only for *Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 48) arrested (in Kauai, Hawaii on 2/20/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & arraigned (5/26/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4(for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): Chad only: 1st Degree murder. Count 7: Lori only: Grand theft (related to social security survivor benefits allocated for the care of minors Tylee & JJ). DA will seek DP. Fremont County
Arrested (in Kauai, Hawaii) on 2/20/20 & charged (6/30/20) & arraigned (9/20/20) with 2 counts of conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence. Bond was set at $5M & reduced to $1M.
Conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence charges dismissed without prejudice on 7/29/21. Fremont County
Trial was set to begin on 7/12/21 has been vacated. No further dates yet.
Grand Jury convened from May 17 to May 20 re JJ Vallow, Tylee Ryan & Tammy Daybell. Indicted on 5/25/21 (see above).
Vallow was found incompetent to stand trial on 5/27/21. Transferred to mental hospital on 6/24/21.

Court info from 3/5/20 thru 9/29/21 reference post #746 here:
Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #63

10/8/21: Motion to Seal. 10/19/21: Order to seal-granted. 10/21/21: Order to close hearing & seal record. 10/20/21 Update: Status conference hearing on 10/21/21. 10/21/21 Update: A status conference in the Lori Vallow Daybell case was held behind closed doors Thursday morning. The conference was scheduled after a motion was filed for “an expedited hearing or status conference on motion and extension of commitment.” Judge Steven Boyce ordered the hearing & its associated records sealed so it’s unclear what was discussed. “Finding a likelihood exists that both the State & the Defense could be prejudice by discussion or dissemination of information already sealed, the Court finds that a compelling interest is at stake in the need to preserve a fair trial,” Boyce wrote in his order to seal. The hearing discussed Vallow’s extension of her mental health commitment according to this motion to seal filing. Judge Boyce agrees as he granted the motion & signed the order to seal. Vallow remains unfit for trial & incompetent with her case still on hold. 180 days will be next status hearing. Approximately on 3/7/22.
10/21/21 Update: Means filed motion of manipulation of client by Idaho Health & Welfare. They had Vallow call LDS church legal counsel. Wants hearing regarding these motions. Filed: Motion for state to disclose Brady violation disclosures; Motion for criminal disposition; Motion for out of state subpoenas; and Motion to disqualify Idaho Department of Health & Welfare.
11/3/21: State files Motion for the court to allow additional evidence & follow Idaho Code S.19-1816 by transporting a jury. This is the request of Court re cost for the change of venue motion. 11/4/21: State files Response to specific request for discovery re lab testing. Regarding Daybell's specific request for discovery (8/24/21). When State receives the available requested materials, said materials will be provided to the defense. 11/4/21: Subpoena Duces Tecum: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Stake President William Dalling has been Served with a Subpoena. From Mark Means. Wants all records, calls, written papers and anything about Chad Daybells info being kicked out of the church.
11/5/21: Daybell thru attorney Prior filed Motion for discovery concerning events that were revealed in Lori Vallow's motion dated 10/27/21. Daybell’s attorney is asking for a special hearing after allegations were raised that an Idaho Dept. of Health & Welfare employee encouraged Lori Vallow Daybell to get a new attorney. Prior says the Daybells are charged as co-defendants so the incident “also implicates” Chad’s “due process, fair trial & effective assistance of counsel.” Prior says Chad must be allowed to fully investigate “this serious matter” through discovery. “Broad discovery is also appropriate due to the magnitude of the allegations,” Prior argues. “It is unquestionable that a state hospital employee entrusted with caring for an incompetent defendant is a government actor.” In his request, Prior asks for a list of items, including Wood’s notes on his call with McConkie. He also wants communications with those associated with the issue, IDHW policies & disclosures made To any media outlet or journalists. Prior requested an evidentiary hearing to call witnesses, including an IDHW staff member, McConkie & Wood. Prior wants to also have witnesses sequestered, or kept in a hotel or other location to keep them isolated. Prior asks for the judge to issue an order stating Wood & other members of the prosecution team should not talk with McConkie, IDHW & the IDHW employee. He also wants an order issued to stop Wood or prosecutors from making public statements about the allegations. Chad’s last request is the appointment of the special prosecutor. Prior does not want the proceedings sealed from the public, mirroring a request from Means. Prior cited a previous statement from prosecutors that read in part that “filings of this nature are traditionally sealed & handled in confidential proceedings.” A hearing on the motions from both attorneys is not yet scheduled.
11/29/21 Update: In a 9 page Response to Mark Means Motions the State says he needs to be removed & sanctioned.
12/3/21 Update: Motion hearing on 12/29/21 re Motion to Quash or modify subpoena duces tecum (a writ ordering a person (witness) to attend a court & bring relevant documents under his/her control to produce into evidence) filed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will be heard at 10am & William John Dalling & Idaho Dept. of Health & Welfare will be heard at 10:30am.
12/2/21 Update: Means response to State: Declared defendant counsel response & objection to motion for contempt. 12/28/21 Update: Mark Means has been disqualified from representing Lori Vallow in Fremont County & all matters related to her case. Judge Steven Boyce signed the 17-page memorandum decision & order to disqualify counsel. Judge Boyce grants the State’s motion to disqualify Means. The motion cited conflict of interest, detailing these findings of fact. At one point Means represented both Lori Vallow & Chad Daybell. Per memorandum signed by Boyce, “Means’ practice of submitting declarations under penalty of perjury have called into question his ability to competently & effectively represent Vallow going forward, despite the pending stay in this case.”

*AZ – Indicted (6/24/21) & served (6/29/21) with conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder in the death of former husband Charles Vallow. Maricopa County
Court info from 6/29/21 thru 9/30/21 reference post #746 here:
Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #63

*Madison County: Pretrial conference hearing on 8/17/21 & trial set to begin on 8/30/21 were both vacated.
*Chad Guy Daybell (51/now 53) – Motions hearing on 12/2/21, Pretrial hearing on 11/9/22. Trial set to begin on 1/9/23.

Last edited:
Justin Lum - Reporter
18m ·

Today’s hearings in the Vallow case are related to subpoenas filed by Mark Means. He wanted communication records between Dept. Of Health, prosecutors & LDS church. I’m told hearings for motions to modify subpoenas filed by State & LDS church are still on, despite Means DQ’d.
Here is the motion to quash or modify subpoena filed by law firm representing the church. Means claimed that Lori Vallow was manipulated by an IDHW clinician to call a lawyer who represented LDS church.
2b07.png

http://coi.isc.idaho.gov/.../120221Memorandum%20ISO...
I’ve listed times for hearings below as well.
youtube.com/channel/UCVJS0dOHzBiX0oFrHS8XoVw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member