Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
I clicked on the time posted, in this case "2 minutes ago" and it brought me straight to your post.
Thank you, when I clicked on your post it worked for me too. I don't know what that was about, perhaps because my post landed on a fresh page so there was nowhere for it to jump to? Anyway, hope it's now fixed itself. Thanks again for all you do.

Scott Reisch's take on the latest motions. He thinks that the prosecution shouldn't have asked for moving Lori's trial to January, because it could become an appeallate issue. Lori's attorneys are suggesting that they need more time and that she doesn't oppose to a small delay, despite not waving a speedy trial. It's not clear how the judge will decide on this.

That was the first thing I thought as well. On a death penalty case, I think it's crazy to go this route with even a remote possibility of her being freed. JB is still green. I still don't understand why no one is talking about why the state wouldn't ask CD to be moved up. Seems like the most practical route. LV maintains her rights, state will have had like 9 years to prepare

LV had the option for a speedy trial and thus opted for the Oct trial date. It seems a lot has happened with prosecution and defense negotiations in the past month. So now, defense believes it is in LV's best interest to postpone her trial to January to be tried with CD. Looks like CD's defense agrees with this strategy. I can't figure out how the prosecution benefits. This is one of the oddest cases ever (along with the Morphew case).

Last edited:
Latest newsletter by Lori Hellis

She thinks that judge Boyce will not move Lori's trial if she doesn't wave her right to a speedy trial, because if she later wins an appeal, her case could be dismissed. If Chad's trial is moved and he wins an appeal afterwards, he gets a new trial.

I personally wouldn't be as concerned about CD getting a "new" trial as I would LV simply be freed. I think it's reckless to be trying to get LV moved to January. JB is new and I personally don't see this happening. The odds of moving CD seem pretty slim at this point as they've had a MONTH to have addressed that, plus I'd imagine JB will issue a written decision which will will then put it approximately 5 weeks since arraignment. Seems like poor decision making and poor execution. Obviously, I'm not a lawyer so maybe I'm alone in those thoughts

It looks like now the hearing is going to be sealed, I think it's on this motion to strike the state filed:

• 05/12/2022 Motion
    Comment
    To Seal State's Objection and Motion To Strike
  • 05/12/2022 Objection
    Comment
    and Motion to Strike
  • 05/13/2022 Order
    Comment
    to Seal State's Objection
  • 05/18/2022 Order
    Comment
    to Close Hearing and Seal Record

It looks like now the hearing is going to be sealed, I think it's on this motion to strike the state filed:

• 05/12/2022 Motion
    Comment
    To Seal State's Objection and Motion To Strike
  • 05/12/2022 Objection
    Comment
    and Motion to Strike
  • 05/13/2022 Order
    Comment
    to Seal State's Objection
  • 05/18/2022 Order
    Comment
    to Close Hearing and Seal Record

The hearing for tomorrow? This was filed by JP? He's usually the one requesting stuff not be sealed

Yes, I figured that there will be a Severance Hearing. That just got scheduled in my cousin's case where there is only one defendant, but two murders.

All the legal wrangling involved in murder cases must take a terrible toll on family members. :(

I support a fair trial for all accused but reading that LV's mental health is "fragile" (per her legal team), I can't help but think of the victim's loved ones... how fragile their mental, physical and emotional health must be suffering through it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle