ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
That
Regardless of one’s own opinions on Means himself, his comments/feelings may also have to do with some of the ongoing investigations like this from the AP. Things seem to be uncovered more and more each day and …..it’s disappointing and disheartening.

Such reports are truly infuriating, and they are everywhere, not only in the LDS Church. But the special hold the Church has on the concept of family caring and parental leadership makes these stories horrific, especially in such isolated communities where victims have so little recourse. I'll forgive MM his rage this time.

From Nate Eaton's fb:

Update on tomorrow's court hearing:
Chad and Lori Daybell's defense attorneys have reached an agreement with prosecutors on DNA testing so that motion will NOT be discussed at Tuesday's hearing.
The judge will hear a motion from Lori's team on sending her case back to the grand jury to clarify language in the indictment.
I've confirmed Chad and John Prior (his attorney) will NOT be at the hearing but Lori and her attorneys will. As of now, no witnesses are scheduled to be called.
The hearing begins at 9 a.m. MT. We'll stream it live on
EastIdahoNews.com.

I can finally shorten this up a bit...

Tuesday, August 16th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 9am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2019 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) – only for *Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 48) arrested (in Kauai, Hawaii on 2/20/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & re-arraigned (4/19/22) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4(for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): Chad only: 1st Degree murder. Count 7: Lori only: Grand theft (related to social security survivor benefits allocated for the care of minors Tylee & JJ). Plead not guilty. DA will seek DP. Fremont County
Conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence charges dismissed without prejudice on 7/29/21. Fremont County
Trial was set to begin on 10/13/22 was continued to 1/9/23. (Trial expected to last 10 weeks).
Transferred to mental hospital on 6/24/21. Found competent on 4/1/22 & transferred custody (4/14/2) to the Madison County Detention facility.

Arrest & Grand Jury & Court info from 3/5/20 thru 5/2/22 reference post #764 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-vallow-62-oct-2019-arrests-65.615074/page-39

5/3/22: Notice of Remote Hearing. Comment: Amended/Redacted. Motion hearing on 5/19/22 to find good cause to continue trial & prevent improper severance. 5/12/22: Defense's response to State's Motion to continue (trial). Does not want separate trials. If moved to 1/9/23 it will give her defense team to get ready.
5/19/22 Update: Hearing held. Judicial Officer Steve Boyce. Parties present: State: State of Idaho, Prosecuting Attorney: Lindsey Anne Blake, Prosecuting Attorney: Robert M. Wood, defendant: Lori Vallow, Public Defender: R. James Archibald & Public Defender: John K. Thomas. Motion to find good cause to continue trial & prevent improper severance. Judge is taking this under advisement & will rule via a written memorandum decision & order. There is a second motion filed under seal they are going to consider next (no broadcast). John Prior states his position is to maintain Daybell trial in January.
5/20/22: Motion to Seal: Supplemental request for discovery as to defendant Daybell's Motions to disqualify APA Rachel Smith & Rob Wood and/or to dismiss indictment.
5/26/22 Update: Memorandum Decision & Order Granting State's Motion to Continue Trial (Vallow). Idaho Judge Stephen Boyce grants state’s motion to continue Vallow’s trial from October 2022 to January 2023, meaning she & Daybell will be tried together, despite Vallow not waiving right to speedy trial during her arraignment. Murder trial set to take place in Ada County on 1/9/23 - scheduled out for ten weeks. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty for both Vallow & Daybell.
5/19/22 Update: A pretrial conference to discuss a potential plea deal for murder defendant Vallow-Daybell is scheduled on 11/9/22, the conference will be held at 9:30am.
7/12/22 Update: Vallow's attorney Jim Archibald has filed 2 motions. 1) Motion to remand to Grand Jury for probable cause determination as to alleged aggravating factors. (To incorporate Federal & State constitutional grounds in support of future motions/objections) & 2) Motion to remand Indictment to grand jury for further proceedings. The first motion is a move to cast a wide net to cover federal/state constitutional rights down the road. If convicted, Vallow’s counsel will appeal which is normal in such a serious case like this.
7/18/22: Prosecutors in murder cases are asking a judge to allow comprehensive DNA testing on several pieces of evidence. In a motion filed Monday, Fremont County Prosecuting Attorney Lindsey Blake & Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood asked Judge Steven Boyce to allow them to test the following items: Hairs on duct tape inside a body bag used to transport the remains of JJ, ridge detail (fingerprints) on the adhesive side of tape associated with JJ’s body, small dark spots on the handles of a shovel & pickax recovered from a garage/barn, swabs of tape areas & swabs from fingernails from JJ’s right hand obtained during his autopsy. Prosecutors are asking for consumptive testing on the items, which means testing can only be done one time as this type of testing would obliterate the evidence. In the motion filed this week, prosecutors note they have not had consumptive testing done on any materials up to this point but ask Boyce to now allow it. Defense attorneys often have someone observe or videotape consumptive testing as it can only be done once. And asked for a hearing date.
7/30/22: Vallow: Motion to intervene; motion to unseal; motion for Injunction relief. (Motion to unseal all documents & transcripts or recordings of past hearings & relate motion for injunctive relief. Filed by Lori A.G. Hellis). Declaration to support motion. 8/2/22 Update: Motions hearing on 8/16/22 re consumptive testing.
8/10/22: State's Objection to Defendant's Motion to remand indictment to the grand jury for further proceedings. State's Objection to Defendant's Motion to remand to grand jury for probable cause determination as to aggravating factors. 8/11/22 Update: Judge Steven Boyce has approved East Idaho News to have a video camera & livestream for the Daybell/Vallow hearing on Tuesday. 8/12/22: Stipulation for consumptive testing of forensic evidence signed by both parties.
8/13/22 Update: The joint motions hearing on Tuesday, 8/16/22 has been vacated. The lawyers reached an agreement regarding consumptive DNA testing. But Lori will still be in court on Tuesday, 8/16/22 as her defense argues several motions.
*Madison County: Pretrial conference hearing on 8/17/21 & trial set to begin on 8/30/21 were both vacated.
*Chad Guy Daybell (51/now 53) – Motions hearing on 8/16/22 was vacated & pretrial hearing on 11/9/22. Trial set to begin on 1/9/23.
*AZ – Indicted (6/24/21) & served (6/29/21) with conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder in the death of former husband Charles Vallow. A Maricopa County Attorney’s Office spokeswoman said in June that Lori’s case in Idaho will run its course before she faces the charge in Arizona. Maricopa County

I want to smack that smirk off her face. When she first sits down she has that notorious smirk.

Some observations:
Lori has her hair in a weird cheerleader updo
She was super smiley in the beginning but as the murder of Tylee was mentioned, she started frowning and blinking rapidly. Her smile has not returned but she seems to have calmed down.

I give her kudoos for being there. I do believe she is more ready to face the music than Chad.

They argue the conspiracy ended with the murder of Tylee and that probable cause for aggrevating factors has not been presented to the grand jury so that should go back to them for review.

"It's fundamentally unfair"
- Mr Thomas

My man, do NOT get me started on unfair.

More alleged Discovery / timeline violations by the State, but explained with finding of good cause by the Judge.

Judge also continued in his questions to State’s arguments… “i haven’t determined correct or incorrect yet; i haven’t seen charges that had multiple times that had multiple crimes unrelated like that in a single count…..”

All of this continues to worry me for an appeal. Why the State is fighting this is beyond me? (Well, I have speculations that I’ll keep out of here)

I don't agree with Wood here. He said the conspiracy was to murder to get to money. I think that's the case for Charles but the children and Tammy would have been killed even without monetary incentive. They were incompatible with living the loinfire dream.

More alleged Discovery / timeline violations by the State, but explained with finding of good cause by the Judge.

Judge also continued in his questions to State’s arguments… “i haven’t determined correct or incorrect yet; i haven’t seen charges that had multiple times that had multiple crimes unrelated like that in a single count…..”

All of this continues to worry me for an appeal. Why the State is fighting this is beyond me? (Well, I have speculations that I’ll keep out of here)
This worried me too. It almost seemed like Boyce was warning them of the possible consequences and they chose to ignore it.

I want to smack that smirk off her face. When she first sits down she has that notorious smirk.

Same here! Did you see her try to force a sad face when Judge Boyce said "murder of Tylee Ryan and JJ Vallow"? She thoroughly disgusts me. She also rolled her eyes repeatedly when the charges were mentioned and then looked at JA. Grrrrrr!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10