ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Charles & Tammy for life insurance.

LVD freely had been spending her children's
social security survivors benefits as they lay dead in CD’s back yard.

"One was to murder Tylee Ryan and to steal the social security money that was allotted to her, and one was to kill JJ Vallow and steal and collect the social security funds that were allotted to him," Wood said. "We believe the jury will find that there was this agreement, that they agreed to commit these two crimes."

Wouldn't Social Security theft be a federal crime? I have often felt that the conspiracy charges were primary, but the theft charges would be federal? Fraud?

I wonder, having had 16 year old daughters...if Tylee was done with the crazy life. And ready to bolt, except she was taking care of JJ. And didn't want to leave him. She may have become vocal about CD. That is probably what precipitated her death. I wonder if the time table on everything moved up...

I had to give this case a break for a while. I knew Lori has now been found competent to stand trial. The photos of her grinning in court have brought me back.
Are Lori and Chad to be tried together?
Are they still the greatest love story ever?
Who do you think the driver of the murders of the children was?
(Please indulge me, sorry)
Are Lori and Chad to be tried together? YES
Are they still the greatest love story ever? NO Chad's favorite song is "Tainted Love" by Soft Cell
Who do you think the driver of the murders of the children was? $$$

Wouldn't Social Security theft be a federal crime? I have often felt that the conspiracy charges were primary, but the theft charges would be federal? Fraud?

I wonder, having had 16 year old daughters...if Tylee was done with the crazy life. And ready to bolt, except she was taking care of JJ. And didn't want to leave him. She may have become vocal about CD. That is probably what precipitated her death. I wonder if the time table on everything moved up...
Tylee was labeled extra dark by Chad in October 2018, along with her father. Around that time Lori declared to a group of people that she had wanted to murder Joe Ryan. I wonder if Lori and Chad had nefarious plans with Tylee from the start.

I do wonder if the move to Rexburgh was in order to be closer to Chad's backyard.
It was easier to conduct their affair if they were both in the same place. I think MG stated somewhere that it was initially planned for Chad to move to Arizona, but Tammy was still alive. I don't see how they were going to disappear the children in Arizona though.

I wonder who decided it was a good idea to bury the bodies in Chad's backyard. It could have been Chad (as part of being a control freak) or Lori (as leverage against him). Perhaps they expected to completely destroy the remains, but it didn't work. The most baffling part to me is that they did it with Chad's family living in the home and with neighbors close by.

Last edited:
It would also be interesting to know how much in advance they planned things, how often their plans changed and which decisions were made on the spur of the moment. We know that Charles and Tammy were targets from early on. Tammy's life insurance increase came pretty late though (in early September), after collecting on Charles' policy fell through. When did they decide to murder the children?

Last edited:

This is how I understand it….

Wood is bringing the SS money into his charging. They conspired the murders for the kids SS money.
It’s charged:
murder for remuneration =when the murder occurs in order to receive a benefit or financial settlement paid upon the death of the victim, such as proceeds of insurance and retirement benefits.

The defense lawyer brought this charge up the other day. He’s afraid of it (obviously) and he thinks it will “confuse the jury”.
Prosecuting attorney Rob Wood told the court that the conspiracy charges aren't confusing at all - they simply detail a "criminal agreement."

MOO

Last edited:

Wasn't there something about Tylee had an offer of a family to stay with in Arizona? But decided to stay with JJ and go to Rexburg? Jmo

It was easier to conduct their affair if they were both in the same place. I think MG stated somewhere that it was initially planned for Chad to move to Arizona, but Tammy was still alive. I don't see how they were going to disappear the children in Arizona though.

I wonder who decided it was a good idea to bury the bodies in Chad's backyard. It could have been Chad (as part of being a control freak) or Lori (as leverage against him). Perhaps they expected to completely destroy the remains, but it didn't work. The most baffling part to me is that they did it with Chad's family living in the home and with neighbors close by.
BBM- I think JP will lean heavily on this as part of CD defense.

I wonder if any of Chad's children had life insurance policies?
They're all adults. Even if they did, why would Chad be the beneficiary? He has grandchildren and most if not all of his children have partners. I'm actually more curious about Chad having a life insurance policy. Does he have one or was it just his wife? If he doesn't have one, then I assume that would help the case against him.

Yes, burying to bodies in CD's yard has always been puzzling. I think that they felt like they were going to have more time, to place something on that space. Cement, covered completely, knowing that no one would ever find them.

I think Kay's persistence on talking to JJ, with LEO involved, made CD and LVD bolt. She "ruined" the well crafted plan.

Trying to wrap your head around anything as crazy as this makes no sense. Because anyone "normal" would have just dumped the kids on Kay Woodcock.

CD would have left his wife, and the couple would be living in Idaho, with LVD doing hair for a living, and CD trying to sell life insurance while writing lousy juvenile books, that cater to a tiny crazy crowd. I don't see "The Goddess" happy with that.

I think C & L often made poor decisions - conspiratorial killers are rarely mental giants, and these two are no exception. One of these poor decisions would include where they buried Tylee and JJ. Also, their displayed arrogance whilst frolicking away in HI.

Jmo

I think C & L often made poor decisions - conspiratorial killers are rarely mental giants, and these two are no exception. One of these poor decisions would include where they buried Tylee and JJ. Also, their displayed arrogance whilst frolicking away in HI.

Jmo
I think because CD was a gravedigger …these shallow places were possibly temporary. Thus the layers of stone , brick & plywood. One (sick) explanation could be Chad was planning on going back in , retrieving JJ. separating & burning the boy like he did TR. I can’t believe I even typed that …
This burn plan may have gotten interrupted as others have suggested. Maybe CD was planning on transporting the charred pieces somewhere else later.

MOO

Last edited:
I am reading past threads, trying to catch up. (I really wish I hadn't read about how the children were found)
I understand that Chad and Lori haven't been allowed to have contact since he was arrested.
There seem to be some signs that he is distancing himself from her-is that right?

Who do you believe initiated these crimes? Did they cook up the spouses deaths together, and then just ad hoc'd the children's? Are they both equally guilty in your eyes, or did one lead the other? Do you think any of their beliefs-zombies and the like-played a factor in what happened, or they just wanted their own way? (To marry with $ and no minors to look after?)

I'm aware Lori was judged unfit to stand trial for a long time. Has there been any question about Chad's mental health?

(I just cannot get my head around these two)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni