ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with all you said. But I think the case with the Daybells isn’t politically motivated. I think it’s motivated by the way the DA, the Judge and other locals involved feel about their church getting tarnished. And that’s a real concern for them.
I don't understand how the LDS Church would get tarnished by a public trial, unless they enabled Chad and Lori's beliefs. Mainstream Mormons seem to be distancing themselves from them and Chad was finally excommunicated from the Church. Eric Smith claims that Chad's second tier beliefs (Church of the Firstborn, multiple probations, 144k) originated in an old LDS doctrine that is being hidden from current membership. Zombies and light/dark ratings (tier three) are not even a part of it. As I see it from afar, Chad's public activities (books and lectures) were not endorsed by the Church, but his claims of prophetic powers weren't investigated either. His more private activities were perhaps not known to the Church. (JMO)

So, assuming Chad turns on Lori - just how is he going to explain how she & Alex snuck into his bedroom and killed Tammy, sleeping right there beside him?

They will try to just create reasonable doubt that she died of murder. Remember she was buried and listed as a natural death. He will have his kids testify that she was getting weaker. Grrrrrrr I really really dislike this man!

They will try to just create reasonable doubt that she died of murder. Remember she was buried and listed as a natural death. He will have his kids testify that she was getting weaker. Grrrrrrr I really really dislike this man!

Do we think the State will have to quietly concede that - through their Coroner or maybe the sheriff as witness - after Tammy passed they thought nothing was suspicious and didnt really do an investigation? And from that series of decisions, that the jury shouldn’t trust the first instinct/ruling/finding of the Coroner, that “it was natural” but later on they should accept that it was “murder” instead?

I feel as if the Defense will try to exploit that somehow but maybe not. JMOO. I think there’s lots of avenues they could try to explore even before getting to presenting their own case in chief to the jury.

I don't understand how the LDS Church would get tarnished by a public trial, unless they enabled Chad and Lori's beliefs. Mainstream Mormons seem to be distancing themselves from them and Chad was finally excommunicated from the Church. Eric Smith claims that Chad's second tier beliefs (Church of the Firstborn, multiple probations, 144k) originated in an old LDS doctrine that is being hidden from current membership. Zombies and light/dark ratings (tier three) are not even a part of it. As I see it from afar, Chad's public activities (books and lectures) were not endorsed by the Church, but his claims of prophetic powers weren't investigated either. His more private activities were perhaps not known to the Church. (JMO)
Exactly. After all, other high-profile trials have dragged them in as well: Jodi Arias and Scott Falater.

I hate the fact that a coroner position in rural areas is an elected position. There was a complete doofus who was in charge in my podunk town. He was signing death certificates, left and right...based on what the Sheriff or police department decided. Zero medical review. Just like in Idaho, "Okay, she died in her sleep.". Check. Next.

Scary.

I hate the fact that a coroner position in rural areas is an elected position. There was a complete doofus who was in charge in my podunk town. He was signing death certificates, left and right...based on what the Sheriff or police department decided. Zero medical review. Just like in Idaho, "Okay, she died in her sleep.". Check. Next.

Scary.

Wasn't such a bad thing before the era of medical testing. Old age, farm accident, coronary, folks knew what those meant, what those looked like.

Today, there is so much more information available!

Tammy was working full time & iirc preparing to run a 5K.

Tammy wasn't elderly, wasn't 'ready' to die in her sleep, that's just not normal for a healthy woman her age.

A Medical Examiner should have been called. IMHO Tammy's physician should have asked for a post-mortem as apparently that professional could not suggest a cause.

Possibly the family discouraged this, imho. I wouldn't want to authorize a post-mortem or autopsy of a loved one, but I would want to know what had happened!

jmho ymmv lrr

Scary.
I feel the same way about elected sheriffs and police chiefs.

I feel like writing the judge. I have never and would never do that. But, I am so disgusted with him and the State. I believe all of this, the hearings, the incompetency, Chad’s motions, no cameras in the courtroom, is all a way to protect the church and any way that Chad or Lori may want to defame the church. That’s all this is.
There will never be a trial, and never a guilty verdict. Sad sad day.

I think this is a large part of it. The Church basically runs that community, and this is a huge smear on their reputation.

They want it to go away without any more publicity.

I think this is a large part of it. The Church basically runs that community, and this is a huge smear on their reputation.

Source?

Source?

Thursday, October 13th:
*Motions Hearing (to sever & other motions) (@ am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) & Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Douglas Daybell (49) (died on Oct. 19, 2019 at her residence in Salem, ID; dob 5/4/70). – for *Chad Guy Daybell (51/now 53) arrested (6/9/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & charged (5/26/21) & arraigned (6/9/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4(for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy, 49, died 10/19/19): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): 1st degree murder. Count 8 & 9: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to 2 different life insurance policies he had on Tammy). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial set to begin on 1/9/23 with jury selection. Trial will be held in Ada County. (will last 10 weeks).
Previous charges, Grand jury indictment & Court info from 6/10/20 thru 8/24/22 reference post #414 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/...-vallow-62-oct-2019-arrests-66.631271/page-21

8/31/22 Update: Next motions hearing for both on 9/15/22. Lori Hellis motions hearing to unseal documents on 10/13/22 @ 9am. 9/15/22 Update: No mention of any info regarding Chad at hearing. Next pretrial hearing on 11/9/22.
9/23/22 Update: Judge Steven Boyce issues an order banning video & still cameras from upcoming Vallow/Daybell proceedings. "Continued visual coverage of this case poses a great risk to the fair administration of justice...therefore, continued visual coverage will no longer be permitted." 9/27/22: In lengthy motions filed Tuesday, John Prior, Chad Daybell’s attorney, argued his client’s trial should be continued due to a “substantial amount of investigation & preparation” along with a “significant amount” of evidence he says he has not received from prosecutors. “There is no possible way to complete the investigation & be prepared for a death penalty trial in January 2023,” Prior wrote in his motion. “Death penalty cases are unique in the criminal legal system & require counsel to undertake an extensive, time-consuming investigation.” In a motion to sever, Prior argued that having Daybell tried with Lori Daybell would deprive his client of his constitutional right to present a complete defense. Prior said he plans to introduce “prior bad acts of both Ms. Vallow & Alex Cox (Lori Daybell’s deceased brother), as well as evidence regarding their relationship & the death of Mr. Cox.” Prior also noted that Chad Daybell is requesting a continuance in the trial start date, but Lori Daybell has not waived her right to a speedy trial & because of that, the cases should be separated. Chad Daybell is asking for his trial to begin no earlier than October 2023. During a hearing in December, prosecutors said they expected the trial to take up to 10 weeks & asked for it to start September 2023. Prior, however, asked for the trial to begin in October 2022 & Judge Steven Boyce ended up setting the start date for January 2023. Prior asked Boyce to hear his motion to sever on 10/13/22 in Fremont County. He requested a hearing in January to set a new trial date.
9/30/22: Chad Daybell wants cameras in the courtroom during his trial & he wants the proceedings live-streamed for the public. John Prior, Daybell’s attorney, filed a motion Thursday, 9/29/22 asking District Judge Steven Boyce to consider the request. Prior’s request comes a week after Judge Boyce issued an order prohibiting cameras from Lori’s hearings & trial. Her attorneys & prosecutors asked for the ban saying they had concerns about pretrial publicity & not being able to find an impartial jury. Prior is asking Judge Boyce to hold a hearing in Fremont County on 10/13/22 to discuss the camera motion, along with the motion to continue & sever the cases.
*Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 48) – Fremont County: 5/27/21: Found incompetent to stand trial. All hearings put on hold. Competency review hearing was on 6/16/21, but Prosecutor Wood withdraws motion to contest competency. 4/11/22: Found competent to stand trial. Next pretrial conference hearing on 11/9/22. Trial set to begin on 1/9/23 maybe.
*Madison County: Pretrial conference hearing on 8/17/21 & trial set to begin on 8/30/21 were both vacated.

Thursday, October 13th:
*Motions Hearing (to sever & other motions) (@ am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) & Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Douglas Daybell (49) (died on Oct. 19, 2019 at her residence in Salem, ID; dob 5/4/70). – for *Chad Guy Daybell (51/now 53) arrested (6/9/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & charged (5/26/21) & arraigned (6/9/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4(for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy, 49, died 10/19/19): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): 1st degree murder. Count 8 & 9: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to 2 different life insurance policies he had on Tammy). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial set to begin on 1/9/23 with jury selection. Trial will be held in Ada County. (will last 10 weeks).
Previous charges, Grand jury indictment & Court info from 6/10/20 thru 8/24/22 reference post #414 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/...-vallow-62-oct-2019-arrests-66.631271/page-21

8/31/22 Update: Next motions hearing for both on 9/15/22. Lori Hellis motions hearing to unseal documents on 10/13/22 @ 9am. 9/15/22 Update: No mention of any info regarding Chad at hearing. Next pretrial hearing on 11/9/22.
9/23/22 Update: Judge Steven Boyce issues an order banning video & still cameras from upcoming Vallow/Daybell proceedings. "Continued visual coverage of this case poses a great risk to the fair administration of justice...therefore, continued visual coverage will no longer be permitted." 9/27/22: In lengthy motions filed Tuesday, John Prior, Chad Daybell’s attorney, argued his client’s trial should be continued due to a “substantial amount of investigation & preparation” along with a “significant amount” of evidence he says he has not received from prosecutors. “There is no possible way to complete the investigation & be prepared for a death penalty trial in January 2023,” Prior wrote in his motion. “Death penalty cases are unique in the criminal legal system & require counsel to undertake an extensive, time-consuming investigation.” In a motion to sever, Prior argued that having Daybell tried with Lori Daybell would deprive his client of his constitutional right to present a complete defense. Prior said he plans to introduce “prior bad acts of both Ms. Vallow & Alex Cox (Lori Daybell’s deceased brother), as well as evidence regarding their relationship & the death of Mr. Cox.” Prior also noted that Chad Daybell is requesting a continuance in the trial start date, but Lori Daybell has not waived her right to a speedy trial & because of that, the cases should be separated. Chad Daybell is asking for his trial to begin no earlier than October 2023. During a hearing in December, prosecutors said they expected the trial to take up to 10 weeks & asked for it to start September 2023. Prior, however, asked for the trial to begin in October 2022 & Judge Steven Boyce ended up setting the start date for January 2023. Prior asked Boyce to hear his motion to sever on 10/13/22 in Fremont County. He requested a hearing in January to set a new trial date.
9/30/22: Chad Daybell wants cameras in the courtroom during his trial & he wants the proceedings live-streamed for the public. John Prior, Daybell’s attorney, filed a motion Thursday, 9/29/22 asking District Judge Steven Boyce to consider the request. Prior’s request comes a week after Judge Boyce issued an order prohibiting cameras from Lori’s hearings & trial. Her attorneys & prosecutors asked for the ban saying they had concerns about pretrial publicity & not being able to find an impartial jury. Prior is asking Judge Boyce to hold a hearing in Fremont County on 10/13/22 to discuss the camera motion, along with the motion to continue & sever the cases.
*Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 48) – Fremont County: 5/27/21: Found incompetent to stand trial. All hearings put on hold. Competency review hearing was on 6/16/21, but Prosecutor Wood withdraws motion to contest competency. 4/11/22: Found competent to stand trial. Next pretrial conference hearing on 11/9/22. Trial set to begin on 1/9/23 maybe.
*Madison County: Pretrial conference hearing on 8/17/21 & trial set to begin on 8/30/21 were both vacated.
Thanks Niner for the reminder.

Thursday, October 13th:

Are these sealed from the public or just no video? Not like the public has a right to know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie