Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #60

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Patch Tuesday, Dec 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pizzaman12

pizzaman12 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't a charge be likely at this point though? Why charge her and not him if they have the evidence to support

Kemug, Nosurprise, Nikynoo and 4 others like this.

2. pizzaman12

pizzaman12 Well-Known Member

Alex was my bet but didn't know how that worked

Nosurprise, altojack, Nikynoo and 5 others like this.
  3. Nosurprise

Nosurprise Well-Known Member

It says in the information today that Lori was served Tuesday for the AZ CASE. Does that mean Means got the paperwork? Any talk of why the hearing was vacated it was all about Means wasn't it? I am so confused.

altojack, Nikynoo, windrower and 3 others like this.
  4. Nosurprise

Nosurprise Well-Known Member

I agree with you..but who killed Alex? Hmmm, Also, there didn't seem to be any gun powder residue tests done..

citigirl, Kemug, GRT and 7 others like this.
  5. lonetraveler

lonetraveler Crime Addict

It appears that Alex was a very poor shooter. Tammy was shot at and missed, Brandon was shot at and missed and it seems that four shots were fired at point blank range and two shots missed. JMO

6. Chelly

Chelly Always Remember Teghan Skiba

7. lonetraveler

lonetraveler Crime Addict

It appears that Alex was a very poor shooter. Tammy was shot at and missed, Brandon was shot at and missed and it seems that four shots were fired at point blank range and two shots missed. JMO

mommacass likes this.
  8. Shadowtrix

Shadowtrix AJ ♥

Reading through the redacted affidavit, I'm still struggling to discern whether LVD and CD truly believed in all of this.

Now that LVD's been declared incompetent to stand trial and the question of whether or not she could be malingering has come up several times, reading through some of those text messages suggest she wholeheartedly believed she was a "chosen one" given this "mission."

But where I'm confused is, if naysayers and doubters were written off as "dark" by these two, in the small glimpses we've seen of her interactions with police, why was there never any mention of all of this on her end to police? At the PD with Tylee or after CD was shot? One would assume if she was this deep into her beliefs, at some point, she'd have blabbed even to police about Charles being a zombie, or possessed, but no. Everything she seemed to be reporting seemed to be your average collateral damage in a nasty divorce/custody battle (i.e. on the body cam video of her at the PD with MG and Tylee: the suspected affair, Charles "stealing her purse). Granted, we've only seen a small sliver of her interactions with others on video.

I'm not ruling out the possibility that she is seriously mentally ill but it makes you wonder if it really all just was a hit list that grew and grew under the guise of some religious calling but was all for the money.

9. Chelly

Chelly Always Remember Teghan Skiba

Appears cousin M is in it up to her neck.

10. 887sMtreme

887sMtreme Well-Known Member

There was one in the floor bear CV’s body, wasn’t there?

altojack and Nikynoo like this.
  11. TheProblemWeAllLiveWith

TheProblemWeAllLiveWith Well-Known Member

Ultimately their motives were the opposite of a belief in the supernatural. They were motivated by lust, greed, spite, pride, etc.
    CV’s murder was hastened because, according to the document, he was planning an intervention on LV, and threatened to expose their affair to TD. So it seems LV/CD justified every type of sin if it was in the service of their cause/delusion. She’d previously been court-ordered for a psych evaluation in the custody case with Tylee’s father, which apparently she passed, so she already knew not to mention her goddess status to cops because they could endanger the group’s mission.
    I’m not an expert, but from what I’ve learned, most cult leaders, and their core disciples, ultimately do not believe what they preach. The message changes according to their needs. They are opportunists. They probably threatened and blackmailed their orbiters to obey.
    LV may be able to convince people that she genuinely believes this stuff, then turn around and convince others that she knows it’s not real. I’d love for an independent forensic psychiatrist to evaluate her over time. That’s why MM is desperate to insert himself into her treatment, so he can control the narrative.

12. Minty Fresh

Minty Fresh Well-Known Member

13. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

Agree, and I think this shows a grasp of reality & also indicates remorse, neither shared by his sister IMHO.

jmho ymmv lrr

14. BUF

BUF Well-Known Member

What “stuff” was she talking about? Sounds nefarious, maybe even some kind of drug or poison maybe? You can guess who she is texting to…

Pg 9 of the Probable Cause Report says “I need to come get this stuff at your house tomorrow and secure it”. Read the rest for context.

The whole Probable Cause in here:
    Evidence used to charge Lori Vallow in husband's murder released | 12news.com

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    Hazelnutty, nyvictoria, Kemug and 9 others like this.
  15. Dowagee

Dowagee Active Member

I think if they shot twice and missed, he would’ve been shot in the back because he would have been heading for the door. Maybe both LVD and AC had guns, each shooting twice, therefore the four bullets. Moo

Laughing, Kemug, altojack and 4 others like this.
  16. 887sMtreme

Didn’t he say he went to his room to get his weapon?

17. 887sMtreme

SNIPPED FOR BREVITY
    This actually makes a lot of sense to me. The “Of Mice and Men” reference may be more apt then we presently know. And you correctly point out that his comment, “You don’t want to know” seems singular in its candor in this lie-laden mess of a case. Didn’t Arthur Conan Doyle make Sherlock Holmes say that singularity is almost always a clue?

18. JolietJake

JolietJake Well-Known Member

Now that this is out, I wonder if it will change or strengthen whatever strategy JP has for the defense of his client. Since CD was not charged in Arizona, I'd think he can further distance CD from LV and AC. Besides that, with LV being incompetent for an undefined amount of time, it may result in possible severed cases whether the prosecution likes it or not. MM continues on with his unprofessional antics. This all seems to be playing into JP's hands.

19. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

I don't think it is so black and white. ie completely devious or psychologically insane. Many people genuinely believe things that others might carelessly label as 'insane' or 'crazy': for example, that there are Martians who visit the earth, or even trivial things like that somebody is a good singer that to another is bad, these beliefs are are not true signs of mental illness, just a different opinion.

Latter Day Saints all believe in the coming of the end of the world and the existence of prophets, some Catholics believe that an evil spirit can occupy a body, so-called 'rational' people can believe someone is 'truly evil', all these things are just thoughts we make up in our heads.

I think it's very possible for LV to believe that Chad was a prophet and she was his helpmeet. IMO, the problem was, as the problem always is, that she allowed these beliefs to justify what she unconsciously wanted to do: eliminate her husband, get his insurance money, and marry Chad. Just like a rapist will justify 'all women are #$^&&, and she was asking for it', or a thief will tell themselves some sob story and conclude 'I need it more than they do', or whatever.

20. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

So in reading the indictment for Lori, we now know her mother, her sister and Zulema were part of the planning, conspiracy and cover up. I’m sure Melani (her niece) was also. Not to mention Chad and Alex.

So Lori has been indicted.
    Zulema has been given immunity.
    Alex is dead.

Anyone know why Chad, Lori’s mom and sister, and Melani haven’t been charged as conspirators in the death of Charles?
    They ALL knew Charles was going to die. Isn’t it some kind of crime to know a felony is going to be committed and staying silent about it?

Lori's a serial killer. That’s a fact.
    I think Chad is also. But maybe that cannot be proven.
    Lori’s mom, sister and niece are evil. Just very evil people.

Children have been murdered. They should all go to jail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.