Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a little more nuanced than I was thinking. So here are the rules about the GJ transcript and recording:

(a) Reporting Grand Jury Proceedings. All proceedings of the grand jury, except deliberations, must be recorded, either stenographically or electronically.
(b) Record of Proceedings. The district judge or the presiding juror must designate someone to report or electronically record all of the proceedings of the grand jury, except its deliberations. That person must be sworn to correctly report all of the proceedings and not to divulge any of the information to any person except on order of the district judge. On taking the oath, the person must be permitted to attend all sessions, except deliberations, of the grand jury. On the conclusion of each matter presented to the grand jury, the court clerk must seal the record of the grand jury proceedings and the record must not be examined by any person or transcribed except on order of the district judge.
(c) Availability of Record of Grand Jury Proceedings. The district judge, by motion, must permit the following persons to listen to the record of the proceedings of the grand jury or to obtain a transcript of the proceedings in the same manner as a transcript of a preliminary hearing:
(1) a prosecuting attorney,
(2) a person charged in an indictment or the attorney for the person charged, or
(3) a person charged with perjury because of the person's testimony before the grand jury.
The district judge may place conditions on the use, dissemination or publication of the record of proceedings of the grand jury, and any violation of any condition by a party granted access to the record will constitute contempt of the order of the district judge. I.C.R. 6.2. Transcript of Grand Jury Proceedings | Supreme Court (idaho.gov)

Here is what is discoverable as it relates to the GJ:

Discovery rules:
(C) the recorded testimony of the defendant before a grand jury that relates to the offense charged. I.C.R. 16. Discovery and Inspection | Supreme Court (idaho.gov)
I'm confused - it says the person charged may obtain a transcript of the proceedings c(2), and then at C it says only the defendant's testimony is discoverable.

I'm confused - it says the person charged may obtain a transcript of the proceedings c(2), and then at C it says only the defendant's testimony is discoverable.

LOL me too, it's pretty nuanced. As I understand it, a defendant may go to the judge and have him order a transcript of the proceeding based on the recording of it subject to certain rules. Alternatively, if the defendant made statements to the GJ those would be discoverable through the prosecution. IDK MOO

LOL me too, it's pretty nuanced. As I understand it, a defendant may go to the judge and have him order a transcript of the proceeding based on the recording of it subject to certain rules. Alternatively, if the defendant made statements to the GJ those would be discoverable through the prosecution. IDK MOO
ohh, thanks, I see now.

Snipped for focus

Remember that to a certain extent, all these things are core practice for LDS members. As I am not a Church member myself, I warn you that I might be off the mark here, but I think we all have to keep that in mind — especially us “outsiders” — as this case progresses. Not all that seems insane is necessarily insane, or even evil. But enough of it is that I hope all the perpetrators and their enablers are prosecuted to the full extent of the law. MOO, obviously.

I hope I did not come across as calling her insane. I was noticing that she immediately sought out a man to give her a blessing and prediction about herself after saying she wasn't going to follow a human again. I was more pondering that she seemed to desire that approval and the mystical secret information despite what she said. It really is not relevant so I probably should not have commented on it. I definitley think the focus should be on the laws that were broken.

Chad also predicted that Tammy would die in a car accident because she had a "mission" to carry out on the other side of the veil. Perhaps it was before she was declared a zombie. After that point she was "helped" to cross to the other side.

I know the kids and CV were declared zombies but I hadn’t read Tammy had also been declared a zombie. All I remember is Chad saying she would die soon (like LVD claimed CV would also)

I know the kids and CV were declared zombies but I hadn’t read Tammy had also been declared a zombie. All I remember is Chad saying she would die soon (like LVD claimed CV would also)
According to Chad's end of June murder indictment Tammy was declared a zombie. C&L claimed that she was possessed by a spirit named Viola.

I agree with you. The only glossing over I've seen with regard to MG is her own.

And, also that bishop... he did some glossing over to AZ police.

'Ain't nothin' sexy about any of it. jmo

ETA: IIRC when MG learned of Tammy's death she thought "I wonder how they did it?" (per the Eaton interview). Thus, she knew they had done it, just not how... still she went on to lie to LE about JJ.

I agree that should have been a turning point for her (it would have been for any thinking person), but Chad and Lori were claiming they could pray for people to die and they would die.

If MG believed that -- and it seems as though she might have been considering the idea -- that likely would have kept her from talking to LE...just yet. It would be hard to say, "They prayed her dead."

Of course, the praying part was just Chad's cover for the crimes. And, it was a cover that made his devout followers think he really might have been a powerful prophet/god.

Cult-belief is a strange thing, indeed.

I need to clear something up that I can't seem to find in my notes but it was discussed once in passing. Did Zulema's parents live across the street from Chad and Tammy at some point?

Chad also predicted that Tammy would die in a car accident because she had a "mission" to carry out on the other side of the veil. Perhaps it was before she was declared a zombie. After that point she was "helped" to cross to the other side.

It sounds as though he had an accident planned, but perhaps those plans went awry.

Chad’s attorney filed Motion (that we knew was coming again) for Change of Venue & Transfer the case; filed yesterday with the Court.

link to Motion https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22211623/Motion to Change Venue 072121.pdf

It seems to me that Chad is more likely to find a sympathetic ear on a jury right there in Rexburg, where his followers were gathering. JMOO--but, I think either his attorney is making a mistake, or he knows the motion will be denied. JMOO

I've got some links to catch up on to read and view but WOW ! This just gets crazier and crazier. I've thought aloud before about the numbers of followers and how many were in the inner circle, this is definitely bigger than first thought.

JMO Recently I've been thinking of why Tylee didn't make contact with someone if she was aware of what was going on. KW would have been there in a shot to get those children out of there. CR too, he would have helped her.

So I now wonder how much did Tylee actually know. I don't think she was aware of the demonology that was going on. Yes, she knew Charles had been shot. Yes, Lori called her a Zombie, and Tylee maybe did know what happened to Zombies.

JMO Recently I've been thinking of why Tylee didn't make contact with someone if she was aware of what was going on. KW would have been there in a shot to get those children out of there. CR too, he would have helped her.

So I now wonder how much did Tylee actually know. I don't think she was aware of the demonology that was going on. Yes, she knew Charles had been shot. Yes, Lori called her a Zombie, and Tylee maybe did know what happened to Zombies.
IMO nobody in Lori's family imagined in their worst nightmare that Lori would hurt her children. Tylee once called her the best mom on SM. I think she didn't suspect what was coming and I hope that she wasn't aware of Lori's betrayal in her final moments. I wish Tylee wasn't so isolated in Rexburg and kept in regular touch with her friends or CR, but that was part of Lori's plan. KW was probably demonized by Lori so contacting her was not on Tylee's mind. Perhaps she would call Lori's mom first. We don't know if/when Lori took Tylee's phone away.

I need to clear something up that I can't seem to find in my notes but it was discussed once in passing. Did Zulema's parents live across the street from Chad and Tammy at some point?
I think we're not allowed to sleuth them publicly on WS. I don't remember coming across any info about ZP's parents so far.

With all these little nuances that may or can intertwine with religious practices, and the manipulative state of their minds.... i am really hoping that the Prosecution starts with a hard drive on the money, rather than the sadness surrounding the kids....

Really.... set the stage for the almighty love and greed of mammon. Right up front.

I think we're not allowed to sleuth them publicly on WS. I don't remember coming across any info about ZP's parents so far.

Okay, thanks. I must have misunderstood--or read it somewhere else. I'll not mention it here again.

Children are amazingly faithful to abusive parents. And continue to see the "good", rather than the "bad". Abusers also want to keep their "prey" around, so they cycle from cruel and abusive, to supportive and loving. The abused want to believe that the "wonderful" person will stay around, if the abused is "good enough". Yeah, we know how that works...and very few of the abused believe that the abuser will actually KILL them, even with evidence.

JMO Recently I've been thinking of why Tylee didn't make contact with someone if she was aware of what was going on. KW would have been there in a shot to get those children out of there. CR

Tylee was very effectively cut off from others. I think I would have liked her right away, but by every report, she was not “easy-breezy.” The people who do not speak of her with contempt describe a witty, insightful girl once you get to know her. In other words, she chose whom she shared to real Tylee carefully.

The fact that Tylee’s needs were always secondary to Lori’s makes ME angry, and I don’t know these people in real life. I am in awe of Tylee’s ability to survive and stay strong. She had reason to be guarded. But the un-empathic people her mother surrounded her with found her unfriendly.

Tylee’s life involved a lot of moves, rented homes, hotels, fast food, phones and vehicles financed by Charles, and constant drama.

I don’t know what her means were, thanks to her father. Maybe they were enough to rent a modest apt. and live independently- but she had had no models of a “regular” young adult life.

And Lori had very conveniently (for Lori) raised her to trust no one. It seems to me that Kay would have helped her out in setting up an independent young adult life. Adam and Zac may have helped her. Annie likely would have helped her. Maybe April or some other friends’ parents would have helped. But Lori had raised Tylee to be team Lori all the way, and she had many others on her team who would have made it impossible for Tylee to break free without a lot of abuse and drama. Lori may have commandeered Tylee’s money illegally, and even if that were an”easy” court battle, it would have been a court battle. (Or, more likely, Lori would dare and scare Tylee to sue her, and if/when Tylee did, Lori May have folded. But that is a lot for a 16 year old to handle.) And that abuse and drama would have also become an added challenge for Tylee’s helpers.

Depending on whom she turned to, Tylee would have to repair any relationship damage do to her guardedness, deal with abuse and shunning from most of her former support system (*advertiser censored**ed up as it was), and learn to live a whole different kind of life (*advertiser censored**ed up as her former life might have been).

And, of course, there is J.J. Lori would have used JJ anyway she had to to manipulate Tylee.

In fact, that may have happened; didn’t Tylee reluctantly agree to move to Rexburg because she did not want to be apart from JJ?

:( What a tough situation Tylee was in. It is amazing she developed her sense of humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong