Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I get your first question - my post set out what I believe the conflict is - not meeting the criteria to represent her in a death penalty case. That is definitely a conflict, in my opinion. It might not be right, but it is my guess.
SBM. Since the DP intent has not been been filed in Lori's case, I'm not sure if it could contribute to a conflict just yet.

I tend to agree & think this type of scenario is more likely than some of the others tossed around. I know a podcast (that has been shared here before) had their attorney on, whom many are referring to as the “good Lori” mentioned again last night about the possibility of it related to MM and this “YouTuber drama”. I admit I haven’t been able to connect the dots with all of that, I can see why [if it is true as alleged] that an attorney sharing information publicly like that can be an issue but not how that alone could be enough to get him removed from the case. Especially when I think back about all this prosecutorial alleged ethics/misconduct and how, despite several Defense witnesses/experts explaining the issues with what the prosecutor did, and the Court even seeming to agree at times about the potential issues those actions could’ve caused they had no way of enforcing Standards set by the Bar.

maybe others can explain what they’ve thought about this youtuber stuff and how MM’s actions may be behind this “conflict of interest”, otherwise I agree with the quoted post, I thought that was more likely a result of his qualifications and experience and not meeting the necessary qualifications to be the lead on a death penalty level case. JMHO
I think MM's conduct with the youtuber is potentially way more serious than RW's gossiping about MM's incompetence, but I also don't believe that the sealed motions are related.

I think MM's conduct with the youtuber is potentially way more serious than RW's gossiping about MM's incompetence, but I also don't believe that the sealed motions are related.

I see. I was only comparing the two scenarios to say that potential misconduct of a prosecutor didn’t get him removed from the case so that I wasn’t sure if potential misconduct by a defense attorney would either, not to say they were equal in any other sense of the word.

My thoughts are MM is still LISTED as her lead attorney, but we all know that the website/database is only updated weekly. My guess is we will shortly see his name removed entirely, and JA’s be listed as lead. Oddly enough, MM’s website is down and has been since the 2nd. Hmmmmmm....and he’s been awfully quiet on SM, which would indicate he’s shut that down for a time or he’s sick with covid? MOO
No we didn’t all know. I didn’t. but thanks for letting me know.

SBM. Since the DP intent has not been been filed in Lori's case, I'm not sure if it could contribute to a conflict just yet.
I'm not sure I agree. I think the motion for pro hac vice admission of Rachel Smith and the order appointing a death-penalty certified lawyer are signs that they are preparing the teams for this inevitable next step, despite the notice of intent to seek the death penalty not being filed yet.

MOO

JA is her new DP lawyer….MM is still listed but it may be on paper only until next hearing when Judge can make a ruling of change of lawyers and/or until competency is decided and/or issue of MM and blogger is revealed and decided. In a normal case I don’t think a new lawyer would be brought in unless something else was going on behind the doors which we don’t know bout yet.

If MM is seen less or not at all at jail, we can speculate even more MM is gone except on paper

I was worried that Jose Baez was going to represent LV free. I really was. After the several people he represented I was concerned as this is a high profile case and I always felt JB likes to be known. Now we know who JA is and he is representing LV.

Do state appointed lawyers have the option of saying NO to representing a person or case? I may not care for JA but I would hate to be anyone as a defense lawyer. Hope he does not drink the kool aid and wears sunglasses so he does not see the batting eyelashes…sorry.

never a dull moment with this case….all of this is moo only.
Who is JA? I hate the use of initials in cases because I usually don't know who it refers to.

Commission says removal of judge wasn't necessary it's groping sorry I misspelled. Sounds like an old boys club..

and I only did a bit of research but the man behind the website has quite the story. He was involved in some lawsuit with his wife and it didn’t end in the way he wanted, not for him and his wife, and he was apparently extremely upset with how their attorney handled their case & collected payment from them. Since then, apparently, he’s been on a very long crusade for exposing and sharing with the public similar attorneys/judges/prosecutors who are unethical/have no ethics. Apparently, I also saw, he was accused on practicing law without a license, offering free legal advice via his website, among other things but ultimately some of those cases were dismissed.

Some reading for anyone who wants to also go down this rabbit hole
Case about him practicing law without a license - FindLaw's Ohio Board of Commissioners on the Unauthorized Practice of Law case and opinions.
Some attorney’s practice website that has a page about how he’s gone after them -
Rocchio Is Defamed by Noethics.net

So….I don’t know about his site. Some of his pages say he relies on thousands of public records, but in the page about Archibald I didn’t see any other documents corroborating his claims. I also couldn’t find many other sources about those very claims, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t true, I just didn’t spend forever looking. I did see the one article which is shared in the post I’m quoting but not much else.

There's video here of the new lawyer for LVD, James Archibald, advocating for Brian Dripps at his sentencing hearing in June 2021.

About a minute in I noticed when he was speaking about a matter I think he felt emotional about his voice went up a few octaves, and I couldn't decide if it might be a bad case of indigestion or something. Then it returned to normal, only for the same thing to happen again a few minutes later when he started speaking about the murderer's ill health and remorse.

JFYI this sentence was a plea deal - would have been a death penalty case had it gone to trial - the rapist/murderer let an innocent man serve over 20 years behind bars.

His five minute address to the judge starts at 1:11:00 .

If he tries anything like this using Colby's daughter and the one that is on the way, like pawns in this disgusting game Lori is playing, I will absolutely go mental... more mental than his "incompetent" client has ever even considered reaching. I 100% despise Mark Means, but this guy might actually be a worse option. Jmo

and I only did a bit of research but the man behind the website has quite the story. He was involved in some lawsuit with his wife and it didn’t end in the way he wanted, not for him and his wife, and he was apparently extremely upset with how their attorney handled their case & collected payment from them. Since then, apparently, he’s been on a very long crusade for exposing and sharing with the public similar attorneys/judges/prosecutors who are unethical/have no ethics. Apparently, I also saw, he was accused on practicing law without a license, offering free legal advice via his website, among other things but ultimately some of those cases were dismissed.

Case about him practicing law without a license - FindLaw's Ohio Board of Commissioners on the Unauthorized Practice of Law case and opinions.
Some attorney’s practice website that has a page about how he’s gone after them -

So….I don’t know about his site. Some of his pages say he relies on thousands of public records, but in the page about Archibald I didn’t see any other documents corroborating his claims. I also couldn’t find many other sources about those very claims, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t true, I just didn’t spend forever looking. I did see the one article which is shared in the post I’m quoting but not much else.
Sounds like LVD’s dad. Quality, upstanding citizen just like his daughter. Not. JMO.

Sounds like LVD’s dad. Quality, upstanding citizen just like his daughter. Not. JMO.

Is anyone in this case not creepy and smarmy??? It literally makes my skin crawl. Every single person in the cult, everyone defending CD/LVD, both in a legal or personal sense, either behave like a Stepford wife or a brainless zombie, and most overlap both options!

I am 100% basing my opinion of this new attorney on his own words and actions in court defending a different murderer, not on what is on that weird ethics issue web page, but I don't discount the chance that the ethics page could be accurate too. Jmo

Commission says removal of judge wasn't necessary

Just when we all thought this case couldn’t get any sicker!

I think she is in the mental hospital because they are trying to establish insanity defense. Idaho doesn’t have that, but they sort of do. It is takenInto consideration. She’d prefer a hospital to prison. Her religious cult beliefs no doubt qualified her as nuts. However, there are zillions of people (largely uneducated, but that makes uneducated people look bad, and I don’t mean it to, half my intelligent family were uneducated) who are sane but believe the end of the world is coming, weird religious beliefs, into pyramids, space aliens, weird political beliefs, conspiracy theories, ghosts, etc etc….humans have grasped for explanation of our existence from the beginning of time. She isn’t nuts, and I doubt she’s so fragile she simply fell apart, she is a manipulator. She has no conscience. My opinion only.

Religious beliefs often seem "weird" to non-believers, but religious beliefs are not in themselves grounds for people to the considered insane, and rightfully so. The history of mankind is rife with intolerant people/groups who launch attacks against the religious beliefs of others. IMO, I can guarantee that whatever issue is behind Lori's mental illness, it has nothing to do with her religious beliefs.

Last edited:
Religious beliefs often seem "weird" to non-believers, but religious beliefs are not in themselves grounds for people to the considered insane, and rightfully so. The history of mankind is rife with intolerant people/groups who launch attacks against the religious beliefs of others. IMO, I can guarantee that whatever issue is behind Lori's mental illness, it has nothing to do with her religious beliefs.
What about personal revelations? At some point Lori stated to MG that she was told of her mission by Jesus himself and MG believed her. What if Lori still bellieves (or feigns) that she's receiving instructions from a deity? Wouldn't that be classified as delusions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288