Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent questions. And how do they reconcile their father caught on video surveillance playfully slapping Lori Vallow's bottom... while their mother is still alive? Or eye witness accounts of Lori and their dad holding hands and kissing at the BYU-Idaho campus... again while their mother is still alive? What kind of faithfulness (or lack thereof) does that speak towards his marriage covenants? Or perhaps they don't think Chad was the person seen in the video, or they think Melani Gibb was lying about what she witnessed? Well how about Tammy's life insurance which their father increased shortly before her untimely death? Surely that raises eyebrows and concerns for them, doesn't it?And what of the rushed funeral? Or the rushed and secretive marriage to Lori afterwards, where he flits off to Hawaii and marries this woman within two weeks after their mother had been laid to rest?

Not to mention, as you so rightly pointed out, how the heck did Chad's soon-to-be new wife's two children end up so gruesomely murdered and covertly buried on HIS property... yet again while Tammy was still alive and well?!?

Insane! I know if Chad was my father I'd be asking him some pretty pointed questions and demanding answers about his behavior and activities during this time frame. This isn't about being delicate, or sensitive towards maintaining familial relations with your father, this is about murdered children, and quite possibly (insofar as evidence has been made available publicly) about a murdered mother. Surely, if you're being honest with yourself, you must acknowledge that evidence strongly supports that your father has more than just a passing involvement in these children's disappearance, death, and burial... in HIS back yard. I'm really struggling to see how anyone could see otherwise.

JMO.

Maybe in whatever conversations they have been able to have with him, Chad has been claiming Lori as the temptress who led him astray.

JMO, MOO.

Excellent questions. And how do they reconcile their father caught on video surveillance playfully slapping Lori Vallow's bottom... while their mother is still alive? Or eye witness accounts of Lori and their dad holding hands and kissing at the BYU-Idaho campus... again while their mother is still alive? What kind of faithfulness (or lack thereof) does that speak towards his marriage covenants? Or perhaps they don't think Chad was the person seen in the video, or they think Melani Gibb was lying about what she witnessed? Well how about Tammy's life insurance which their father increased shortly before her untimely death? Surely that raises eyebrows and concerns for them, doesn't it?And what of the rushed funeral? Or the rushed and secretive marriage to Lori afterwards, where he flits off to Hawaii and marries this woman within two weeks after their mother had been laid to rest?

Not to mention, as you so rightly pointed out, how the heck did Chad's soon-to-be new wife's two children end up so gruesomely murdered and covertly buried on HIS property... yet again while Tammy was still alive and well?!?

Insane! I know if Chad was my father I'd be asking him some pretty pointed questions and demanding answers about his behavior and activities during this time frame. This isn't about being delicate, or sensitive towards maintaining familial relations with your father, this is about murdered children, and quite possibly (insofar as evidence has been made available publicly) about a murdered mother. Surely, if you're being honest with yourself, you must acknowledge that evidence strongly supports that your father has more than just a passing involvement in these children's disappearance, death, and burial... in HIS back yard. I'm really struggling to see how anyone could see otherwise.

JMO.

It's called "cognitive dissonance":

"Coping with the nuances of contradictory ideas or experiences is mentally stressful. It requires energy and effort to sit with those seemingly opposite things that all seem true. Festinger argued that some people would inevitably resolve dissonance by blindly believing whatever they wanted to believe."

Cognitive dissonance - Wikipedia

Preview of the Wednesday's 48 Hours episode:

Sneak peek: The Secrets of Chad Daybell's Backyard

Chad's daughter EM: "My father needs someone to be a voice for him... To let people know what's real, what we know."

It seems like Chad's children live in an alternate reality. We have an answer to the question on how it was possible that Chad had nothing to do with the children being buried in his back yard.

EM: "He was framed."

Last edited:
Can't wait for the autopsy. Pretty convenient timing on increasing the life insurance. I suppose he was framed there as well.

Do we know what all individuals have seen the autopsy? Neither RW, JP, MM have had access to it, correct? Wouldn't that be part of the discovery now that TD was added?
Life insurance increase would be filed under coincidence.

The children say that it's time we hear what they know. Will they offer any new information? Details of their own theories? If that wasn't synchronized with JP, their effort could backfire.

Last edited:
BBM. They were asked the exact question in the interview, but the teaser clip doesn't include the answer. Perhaps Chad's children were told that he had been seduced by Lori, tricked by her and Alex, and that some of the alarming facts (Tammy dying and life insurance increase) were just coincidence. You need to operate on blind faith to believe something extremely unlikely to be true.

ETA: Maybe the children will wake up when Chad's upbeat text about Tammy's falling "death percentage" is presented in court. He was looking forward to her death.
There is a longer 3 minute teaser where Emma actually responds with “He was framed”. Oy.

Preview of the Wednesday's 48 Hours episode:

Sneak peek: The Secrets of Chad Daybell's Backyard

Chad's daughter EM: "My father needs someone to be a voice for him... To let people know what's real, what we know."

It seems like Chad's children live in an alternate reality. We have an answer to the question on how it was possible that Chad had nothing to do with the children being buried in his back yard.

EM: "He was framed."

EM said he, meaning CD, the dad, was framed. It appears EM is talking about the framing of the death of Tyler and JM. So now explain Daybell adult children, the murder of your mother?! Your dad was framed for your mother’s murder? That one will not fly either. Your dad was talking about your mother’s death for some time…..big red flag and your dad was there when Your mom Tammy was murdered. Framed? No, IMO I don’t think so.

If I was one of the adult children I would NOT be giving interviews. I would keep my mouth shut no matter what my feelings until after the court trial. Let the lawyers do their job….oh wait maybe the defense lawyer suggested this?! This could backfire big time.

The fact that the Daybell children support their Father doesn't surprise me at all. This is where knowing the culture of the family, religious beliefs, and values comes into understanding the mindset.

I won't go further into this, but understanding the LDS faith and culture is so much a part of this entire situation.
I'm sorry, but I'm going to disagree with you here.

I don't know the culture of the family, but we have one of Chad's brothers who says he's gone off the deep end. We have Tammy's family who don't support him. We have other extended family and friends, including a verified insider on these boards, who have actively supported the investigation against Chad in searching for the missing children. Other family members can clearly see that something is very wrong here. So why do his children seem different?

As far as religious beliefs go, I was born and raised in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and I know a lot about it. And sure, there are teachings about honoring and obeying your parents, loving one another, forgiveness and repentance, faith, hope, and charity, etc. But there are also teachings about NOT murdering people, obeying, honoring, and sustaining the laws of the land, honesty and integrity, personal responsibility and accountability, chastity and fidelity to one's spouse, avoiding even the appearance of evil, keeping sacred covenants, taking care of and protecting one's family and children, loving one another, following the prophet and teachings of the Church, and on and on. Clearly Chad made some choices which are diametrically opposed to the teachings of the Church, and in fact has established his own peculiar brand of religion which has nothing to do with the Church he was raised in. Zombies, multiple mortal probations, extreme prepping for the end of the world, extra-dimensional portals, classifying different levels of light and dark spirits, etc., etc., are all as foreign to the teachings of the Church as anything I've ever heard and sound like they've come straight out of D&D manual or something (no offense to D&D or anything - I can enjoy and appreciate fantasy as much as the next person). No, anybody who has been raised in the Church, including Chad and Tammy's children, should be able to see that something is very seriously wrong here. Even Charles, who converted to the Church, clearly saw that something was really wrong with Lori's beliefs (which she picked up from Chad) and tried to get help. So why do Chad's children appear to be different?

Maybe in whatever conversations they have been able to have with him, Chad has been claiming Lori as the temptress who led him astray.

JMO, MOO.

Another thing that bothers me is the fact that Lori did have children, and Chad knew it. How can Chad's children not look at this and ask questions? Sure, Lori may be a seducer, but did she seduce Chad enough to participate in the murder and/or burial of the children? If so, where's Chad's personal accountability in all of this? Thus far he hasn't ever shown or accepted any personal responsibility or accountability, and has only lawyered up and remained mum on the issue. But let's assume for a moment though that Chad is completely innocent of any direct involvement in the children's horrific deaths and burial (I know, a very difficult thing to do), then how did he not ask any questions about the children, and where they were, before they got married? I mean he did help move their belongings into a storage unit after all. And especially afterwards when the police came looking for the children? Why did he pretend to the police that he didn't know Lori very well, when they were husband and wife at that point? How about when it becomes national headlines that her children are missing - is that a good time to start asking, "hey honey, where exactly are your children and why are the police looking for them?" if he was completely innocent? Or how about when Lori is collecting social security and other payments on her children, when her children are clearly not in her care and custody? You'd think maybe then he'd have a sit down with her and maybe discuss the illegalities of that? Or how about when the police detain you while they serve a search warrant on your vehicle and property while you're on vacation in Hawaii, followed by Nate Eaton and a camera crew following you around asking where the children are? Might that be a good time to have a heart to heart with your significant other about where her children are? And when and how do you share the fact that you just got married to a new woman with children to your own family and children? Would Knott's Berry Farm at a family vacation be a good time? "Guess what children, you have a new mom and step brothers and a step sister! I don't know where they're at at the moment, but hey, congratulations!" Or do you conveniently leave those details out of it? Would a good time to talk to your new wife about her missing children be when she is arrested? "Hey honey, I've got us a lawyer, we're going to help you, but you need to let us know what is going so that we can get this taken care of." How about when you are back home living in Idaho with your children and grandchildren under the same roof, with anybody and everybody asking questions about the new wife and missing children? Maybe then would be a good time to find out once and for all what happened to her children so that you can live peaceably with your own family in the same household? Or perhaps after your own arrest and being charged with several felonies would be a good time to start asking questions of your new wife about why and how her children ended up dead and buried in your own backyard without your knowledge? I mean up to this point you've had a good 10+ months to be having these hard discussions with this woman. These are some of the questions I'd be asking my father if I were his children.

I'm sorry, but no matter how you look at it there is no way Chad is innocent in any of this. Even if he didn't commit any of the acts directly he's had plenty of time and opportunity to find out what was going on and do the right things to bring resolution to the case. The fact that he hasn't speaks volumes as to his culpability in the children's murders and trying to cover up the crimes. And the fact that he's been so loyal to Lori also speaks volumes of Tammy's situation as well... which would be deeply troubling to me if I were one of their children.

All MOO.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to disagree with you here.

I don't know the culture of the family, but we have one of Chad's brothers who says he's gone off the deep end. We have Tammy's family who don't support him. We have other extended family and friends, including a verified insider on these boards, who have actively supported the investigation against Chad in searching for the missing children. Other family members can clearly see that something is very wrong here. So why do his children seem different?

As far as religious beliefs go, I was born and raised in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and I know a lot about it. And sure, there are teachings about honoring and obeying your parents, loving one another, forgiveness and repentance, faith, hope, and charity, etc. But there are also teachings about NOT murdering people, obeying, honoring, and sustaining the laws of the land, honesty and integrity, personal responsibility and accountability, chastity and fidelity to one's spouse, avoiding even the appearance of evil, keeping sacred covenants, taking care of and protecting one's family and children, loving one another, following the prophet and teachings of the Church, and on and on. Clearly Chad made some choices which are diametrically opposed to the teachings of the Church, and in fact has established his own peculiar brand of religion which has nothing to do with the Church he was raised in. Zombies, multiple mortal probations, extreme prepping for the end of the world, extra-dimensional portals, classifying different levels of light and dark spirits, etc., etc., are all as foreign to the teachings of the Church as anything I've ever heard and sound like they've come straight out of D&D manual or something (no offense to D&D or anything - I can enjoy and appreciate fantasy as much as the next person). No, anybody who has been raised in the Church, including Chad and Tammy's children, should be able to see that something is very seriously wrong here. Even Charles, who converted to the Church, clearly saw that something was really wrong with Lori's beliefs (which she picked up from Chad) and tried to get help. So why do Chad's children appear to be different?

Another thing that bothers me is the fact that Lori did have children, and Chad knew it. How can Chad's children not look at this and ask questions? Sure, Lori may be a seducer, but did she seduce Chad enough to participate in the murder and/or burial of the children? If so, where's Chad's personal accountability in all of this? Thus far he hasn't ever shown or accepted any personal responsibility or accountability, and has only lawyered up and remained mum on the issue. But let's assume for a moment though that Chad is completely innocent of any direct involvement in the children's horrific deaths and burial (I know, a very difficult thing to do), then how did he not ask any questions about the children, and where they were, before they got married? I mean he did help move their belongings into a storage unit after all. And especially afterwards when the police came looking for the children? Why did he pretend to the police that he didn't know Lori very well, when they were husband and wife at that point? How about when it becomes national headlines that her children are missing - is that a good time to start asking, "hey honey, where exactly are your children and why are the police looking for them?" if he was completely innocent? Or how about when Lori is collecting social security and other payments on her children, when her children are clearly not in her care and custody? You'd think maybe then he'd have a sit down with her and maybe discuss the illegalities of that? Or how about when the police detain you while they serve a search warrant on your vehicle and property while you're on vacation in Hawaii, followed by Nate Eaton and a camera crew following you around asking where the children are? Might that be a good time to have a heart to heart with your significant other about where her children are? And when and how do you share the fact that you just got married to a new woman with children to your own family and children? Would Knott's Berry Farm at a family vacation be a good time? "Guess what children, you have a new mom and step brothers and a step sister! I don't know where they're at at the moment, but hey, congratulations!" Or do you conveniently leave those details out of it? Would a good time to talk to your new wife about her missing children be when she is arrested? "Hey honey, I've got us a lawyer, we're going to help you, but you need to let us know what is going so that we can get this taken care of." How about when you are back home living in Idaho with your children and grandchildren under the same roof, with anybody and everybody asking questions about the new wife and missing children? Maybe then would be a good time to find out once and for all what happened to her children so that you can live peaceably with your own family in the same household? Or perhaps after your own arrest and being charged with several felonies would be a good time to start asking questions of your new wife about why and how her children ended up dead and buried in your own backyard without your knowledge? I mean up to this point you've had a good 10+ months to be having these hard discussions with this woman. These are some of the questions I'd be asking my father if I were his children.

I'm sorry, but no matter how you look at it there is no way Chad is innocent in any of this. Even if he didn't commit any of the acts directly he's had plenty of time and opportunity to find out what was going on and do the right things to bring resolution to the case. The fact that he hasn't speaks volumes as to his culpability in the children's murders and trying to cover up the crimes. And the fact that he's been so loyal to Lori also speaks volumes of Tammy's situation as well... which would be deeply troubling to me if I were one of their children.

All MOO.

Good stuff. My thoughts on the above are, in a nutshell:

(1) the Daybell kids are able to believe it because they're playing ostrich about the evidence. They can't reconcile the inconsistencies because they haven't looked at the inconsistencies.

(2) I don't think we can be sure that Chad is sticking with Lori anymore, as of this point in time. Maybe that's part of the reason why Lori went/is off the deep end, plus the cases being separated (they are separated at this point, aren't they? please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Good stuff. My thoughts on the above are, in a nutshell:

(1) the Daybell kids are able to believe it because they're playing ostrich about the evidence. They can't reconcile the inconsistencies because they haven't looked at the inconsistencies.

(2) I don't think we can be sure that Chad is sticking with Lori anymore, as of this point in time. Maybe that's part of the reason why Lori went/is off the deep end, plus the cases being separated (they are separated at this point, aren't they? please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).
I am really surprised Prior hasn't pushed for Chad to divorce Lori. How can the defense just say it's Alex all the way and Lori and Chad knew nothing? I don't think defense will so to blame Lori and Alex seems like he should divorce her..? Jmo moo moo ..we can figure out from this what Prior is doing. The Daybells what ever you what to call the 5 of them...Are as delusional as Chad and Lori and anyone in their little cult..If they think this will sway people's opinions..NOT..which one of them is the big large one who looks exactly like Chad? Because if it's Garth, there are some problems there..As seen on Reddit..Easily looked up by his brother in law. Jmo moo ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam