Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Framed??? By whom? Alex just happened to bury the kids bodies in his backyard without his knowledge??? HAHAHA!

All while Chad's text to Tammy places him in the same area of the yard at the same time Alex was there dismembering and attempting to cremate Tylee's body and then burying her. OK, Chad, sure. Makes perfect sense to me. It's insulting how stupid they have to assume LE, News and the public would be to believe this garbage. I adore my dad, but if dead children were found on his property and he tried to tell me the same story Chad's kids were told, I would have alot of questions for my dad and I wouldn't stop asking them until there were answers that made 100% sense and explained all the evidence. His kids are either delusional or extremely gullible. I am embarrassed for them.

All while Chad's text to Tammy places him in the same area of the yard at the same time Alex was there dismembering and attempting to cremate Tylee's body and then burying her. OK, Chad, sure. Makes perfect sense to me. It's insulting how stupid they have to assume LE, News and the public would be to believe this garbage. I adore my dad, but if dead children were found on his property and he tried to tell me the same story Chad's kids were told, I would have alot of questions for my dad and I wouldn't stop asking them until there were answers that made 100% sense and explained all the evidence. His kids are either delusional or extremely gullible. I am embarrassed for them.

I kind of feel bad for them. Depending on the type of religious training they've had under their father, they could be victims of religious abuse. That will make you all sorts of screwed up. JMO

I'm sure that Chad supplied all of the digging tools. Alex had recently moved from Arizona. He was not a gardener or homeowner, and at that point, and I doubt would have had his own shovels, etc., available. I'm sure he could have bought what he needed. But why even create that scenario? We know that Chad was aware and involved.

Chad: "Alex, you just get the bodies to me. I'll take care of the rest."

I'm sure that Chad supplied all of the digging tools. Alex had recently moved from Arizona. He was not a gardener or homeowner, and at that point, and I doubt would have had his own shovels, etc., available. I'm sure he could have bought what he needed. But why even create that scenario? We know that Chad was aware and involved.

Chad: "Alex, you just get the bodies to me. I'll take care of the rest."

Didn't his phone ping there too? Am I remembering wrong?

Yes, a very heavy sleeper - and also deaf and blind to not have noticed bodies being buried in his backyard.
Right? A professional grave digger can't notice two freshly dug graves on his own property - one of them on the same day, same time, and exact same location as his own text messages to his wife place him? Lest anyone forgets that fateful day and text message that puts him at the scene of the crime of Tylee's murder and/or burial:

"Well, I’ve had an interesting morning! I felt I should burn all of the limb debris by the fire pit before it got too soaked by the coming storms. While I did so, I spotted a big raccoon along the fence. I hurried and got my gun, and he was still walking along. I got close enough that one shot did the trick. He is now in our pet cemetery. Fun times!”

"Interesting morning!" "Fun times!" Let that sink in. Is that really how he chose to describe the horrendously brutal crime scene he had just participated in? Oh right, he was deaf, blind, and dumb to everything going on around him that morning... except for the burning "limb debris" and "big raccoon." Right. Sickening and downright evil is what it is. Oh wait, that's right, Lori and Alex somehow stole his phone and framed him. :rolleyes:

His daughter pointed out in the interview that the part of the back yard where the bodies were buried isn't visible from the house.
And I would point out to her that her dad's text message to her mother puts him literally on top of and within feet of everything that is going on the morning poor Tylee is dismembered, burned, and buried in the "pet cemetery."

With the short amount of time AC spent there the day JJ was buried, it's obvious the hole was pre-dug with the wood/rock materials staged and ready to go.

And of course, let's not forget that CD hightailed it out of there the moment JJ's body was found. Framed? Yeah, right.

And I would point out to her that her dad's text message to her mother puts him literally on top of and within feet of everything that is going on the morning poor Tylee is dismembered, burned, and buried in the "pet cemetery."
The daughter might be implying that Alex was free to come and go and that he could have buried Tylee's remains at a later time exactly where Chad put the raccoon. That doesn't explain why Alex's phone was keeping Chad company for 2.5 hours that morning or why/where Tlyee's remains were burned.

Last edited:
Exactly. This is now the seventh narrative we're hearing about Tammy's death. Bringing this forward from an earlier post and adding to it:

Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #24

Let me preface this by saying MOO. A big giant MOO.

I'm no psychologist and I wouldn't even know where to begin to analyze this statement. However, there are a number of things that don't sit well with me. Several other people have already touched on some of these things, so I'd like to take a slightly different approach by comparing Chad's other accounts of Tammy's passing.

1. The first account we know of is Chad's 911 call. Unfortunately that hasn't been released yet, probably due to an ongoing investigation:

"KTVB's request to obtain the 911 call audio from when Tammy Daybell was found dead was denied by the Fremont County prosecutor's office."
    Fremont County Sheriff's Office says Tammy Daybell's autopsy results could take up to a year

It would be of interest to find out what was said, and how it was said, during this 911 call. Chad's target audience is LE.
  2. The second account is from Chad calling Tammy's father:

"Tammy Daybell’s father, Ron Douglas, said he saw his daughter about two weeks before her death. He said she was in good health and in good spirits, dancing in the living room.

On October 19, Douglas said he received a call from Chad Daybell “broken-hearted and sobbing,” explaining that his wife went to bed in a coughing fit and never woke up."
    Family members say mother of missing children in Rexburg joined a dangerous cult with new husband

Here Chad's target audience is Tammy's family, particularly her dad. Chad's demeanor appears to be "broken-hearted and sobbing.” The story told is suggestive of a sickness overtaking Tammy, and that she "went to bed in a coughing fit and never woke up." This implies that some kind of sickness was the cause of her death and lends itself to the "natural causes" argument. Something about this story from Chad apparently bothers Tammy's father because he brings up the fact that "he saw his daughter about two weeks before her death" and that "she was in good health and in good spirits, dancing in the living room." One other thing to note here is the statement that Tammy "went to bed... and never woke up." This implies that she lay down in bed, fell asleep, and simply never woke up.
  3. The third account is apparently what Chad told other family and was passed on to extended family. Our VI @Maxxer500 , Chad's nephew, reported:

"Tammy woke up in the middle of the night she died, apparently coughing badly enough to cause her to vomit. Then when Chad woke in the morning he found her fallen out of bed and cold."
    ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #2
    ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #3

"I was told by family that Chad woke up in the morning to find Tammy had fallen out of bed and found her cold when he went to check on her. I was also told she woke up in the middle of the night to the coughing and vomiting, and I assume Chad woke up and witnessed this, but Tammy went back to bed at some point. It's been pointed out to me though that what happened that night has likely only been told by Chad, and he's been shown as lying to everyone for some time now."
    ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #3

Chad's target audience here appears to be his own immediate and extended family (though it could possibly include Tammy's family as well). There isn't much, if any, detail or clue about Chad's demeanor given here, but from what is being described I almost get the feeling of... I don't know... detached? Aloof? Indifferent? Like there's little or no emotion or concern displayed towards Tammy. But I freely admit it's hard to detect or correctly ascertain emotion in just words alone so I could very well be mistaken.

Regardless, the details herein depicted begin to show a somewhat startling and different narrative. Here we learn that not only was Tammy coughing, but also vomiting, either as a result of the seriousness of her coughing or some other affect of her apparent sickness. This, to me, sounds like a rather violent, distressful, and distraught condition for Tammy to be in, not just a simple sickness. And yet where was Chad in all of this? Did he witness it? Apparently somebody did as we have the report of it. And if Chad did witness her coughing and vomiting during the night, did he do nothing to help care for her? Where is the expression of concern in all of this? And then that other niggling detail about Tammy having fallen out of bed and found lying on the floor. This little detail seems to contradict the previous narrative that Chad told Tammy's father, that she went to bed and never woke up. The former suggest a calm, peaceful departure - laying down, closing your eyes, and quietly breathing your last - whereas this newer one depicts a more traumatic and alarming end. But perhaps I'm making more of it than I ought to?
  4. The fourth account is a single sentence published in her obituary, which reads:

"Tamara "Tammy" Douglas Daybell passed away peacefully in her sleep on Saturday, October 19, 2019 in Salem, Idaho."
    Obituary for Tamara Michelle Daybell at Flamm Funeral Home
    View Tamara

Here the target audience is the local community and general public. No details other than that she "passed away peacefully in her sleep." Granted, obituaries usually paint the circumstances of one's passing in the most favorable light, foregoing any disturbing details, and I wouldn't expect otherwise. But still, this again claims that she died peacefully in her sleep, which would appear to stand in stark contrast of the prior details of a sudden and violent sickness culminating in falling out of bed.
  5. And finally, we have the fifth account, which Chad published to the GRI and through AVOW:

For those who can't read it due to the small size of the attachment, it says:

My dear wife Tammy passed away in her sleep early Saturday, October 19. When I awoke at around 6 a.m., it was clear she had been gone for several hours. It came as a shock. I couldn't believe I hadn't been awakened somehow, but all indications are that her spirit simply slipped away during the night. Her face looked serene, with her eyes closed and a slight smile. It was devastating to discover her that way, but I'm so grateful that her death was peaceful.

Here the target audience is his followers and friends on AVOW. Again he paints a beautiful and touching picture of Tammy simply slipping away peacefully in the night, "all indications are that her spirit simply slipped away during the night. Her face looked serene, with her eyes closed and a slight smile." No mention of the violent coughing, hacking, and throwing up during the night. No mention of her falling out of bed. Instead one is left with a mental picture of Chad waking up, turning over in bed, and seeing his wife' body lying peacefully and serenely by his side. Note also how he paints himself - he was in "shock," he "couldn't believe" it, "it was devastating." These could be genuine emotions. Or perhaps an embellishment to help forward the "died of natural causes" narrative? He sure seems to have gotten over her sudden, unexpected, and "devastating" death post haste... MOO.
  6. ETA: Re-posting @Gardener1850 post, which contains a sixth example of Chad's description of Tammy's passing to a potential landlord in Hawaii:

Awesome recap, Onsdag. We can add to the list the text Chad sent to the woman he and Lori tried to rent a room from in Kauai only 2 days after they got married on the beach:

Daybell changed his mind about renting from her, she says. But she did ask him about Tammy's death. His text back reads, "I woke up that morning and she had been dead for a couple hours but she had a peaceful look on her face at her burial. I felt her tell me she was happy and helping our family on the other side of the veil. She helped me reconnect with Lori so quickly and it helped my children move forward."

Martin says she never spoke to Daybell again.

'Free of the spouses, free of the kids': Parents of missing children applied to move into Hawaii home in November

ETA: I found a pic of Chad's full text (there was more than what was in the above quote):
    Chad Daybell claimed his late first wife helped him find new love with 'cult' mom Lori Vallow | Daily Mail Online
  7. The seventh narrative comes directly from his children, and particularly from son Garth who was in the house that night:

Daybell children say their mother died from asphyxiation, insist their father is innocent - East Idaho News

"They (authorities) told me that she’d been asphyxiated…but we never saw an autopsy,” Garth Daybell told ’48 Hours.’

Mark Daybell added, “Asphyxiation doesn’t necessarily mean smothered. According to my understanding, it just means the breath was interrupted. And in the end, she wasn’t able to breathe.”

The children say Tammy had been in failing health. During their interview, Garth Daybell said he was in his bedroom the night his mother died when he heard a “thump.” His dad called out for him “with the most panic I’d ever heard in his voice.”

“My dad was just pacing back and forth,” Garth told Vigliotti. “Just saying, ‘Why? How could this happen?’ Pointing at pictures on the wall, ‘She can’t be dead. Like, how could this be? What do we do?’

Emma Murray said their father “was in complete shock” and because of his emotional state, the kids requested that an autopsy not be performed.

“The narrative is that he was going, ‘No, no, no autopsy.’ But he was standing there — in complete shock, traumatized, letting us make the decision,” Murray said.
So these latest details raise even more questions.

What caused the "thump?" Was it Tammy falling out of bed? It couldn't have been because she had been dead several hours at that point. And yet according to narrative #3 which was being circulated among family members, she was found on the floor, apparently having fallen out of bed, which also would have caused a loud thump at some point during the night. The only possible answer is Chad caused the thump (loud enough for Garth to hear it from elsewhere in the house, and likely waking him up as it was early in the morning). Was the thump from Chad falling out of bed? Stumbling toward or away from Tammy in shock? Moving her body around, perhaps checking her vitals? Maybe something else more nefarious like altering the scene or hiding evidence?

Another question that is raised, for me at least, is why would Chad be pacing back and forth and pointing at pictures on the wall? While his wife is dead on the floor? The only answer that comes to mind is he is trying to distract or divert attention away from something else in the room.

And the apparent cause of death is asphyxiation? Not from a coughing and vomit inducing sickness? Not from an unknown symptom leading to peacefully passing away in her sleep? Sounds like all the other narratives above have just been turned on their heads and called into question. Wasn't one of the children reportedly concerned about pink foam coming out of her mother's mouth? Isn't foam one of the signs of asphyxiation?

Asphyxiation (Signs Of) | Encyclopedia.com

"Asphyxiation may also produce foam in the airways as the victim struggles to breathe and mucus from the lungs mixes with air."

Here's what I'm thinking happened, and is all MOO. I'm thinking Chad suffocated Tammy during the night after everyone had gone to bed. Probably used a pillow or something to stifle any screams and prevent any tell-tale signs of trauma. He waited a few hours to ensure she was dead, and to go about arranging the scene in his favor (hiding evidence, etc.). Maybe he had other plans for the body or something, but as he was trying to move her body out of bed he stumbled or accidentally dropped her, which caused a loud thump. It was loud enough that he knew it would likely have awoken Garth who would come to investigate, and he panicked and changed his plans to act like he was calling out for help as if he had just discovered her. Being thus panicked he called out for Garth "with the most panic I’d ever heard in his voice.” To explain the reason why Tammy was on the floor and why there might be fluids and pink foam around her mouth he develops the narrative that she had come down sick and had been coughing and vomiting throughout the night, and perhaps fallen out of bed. This is the narrative he'll sale to family and LE. Later, to avoid people questioning her sudden death due to sickness since she was so healthy, he'll change the narrative so that she simply died in her sleep peacefully because it was her time and she was happily doing things on the other side of the veil, including hooking him up with Lori Vallow.

Speaking of which, if, according to Chad's own text message to the woman in account #6, Tammy truly "helped me reconnect with Lori so quickly" from the other side of the veil and wanted them to be together and married going forward in life then why are the children now accusing Lori of "framing" their father for the murder of the children? Didn't Tammy want Chad and Lori to be together? Are they denying their mother's memory and wishes? Or are they saying that didn't happen, that Chad didn't write that message, and that it was Lori who wrote that again in an attempt to "frame" their father?

It's time to face it Daybell kids - your father did help murder those children, and he murdered your mother and tried to use her sacred memory to legitimize his marriage to Lori. "After Tammy died she helped 'reconnect' me with Lori Vallow so that we could be married and help us and our children move forward with our lives!" Oh please! How can the children not see through these lies?

All MOO.

WOW. Brilliantly written post and JMO correct, how can the children not see through these lies.

With the short amount of time AC spent there the day JJ was buried, it's obvious the hole was pre-dug with the wood/rock materials staged and ready to go.

And of course, let's not forget that CD hightailed it out of there the moment JJ's body was found. Framed? Yeah, right.
Perhaps the wood paneling found in JJ's grave could be traced back to Chad's barn?

His daughter pointed out in the interview that the part of the back yard where the bodies were buried isn't visible from the house.

It doesn't matter what Chad could or could not see from the house, because Chad wasn't "in" the house on September 8, 2019.

Chad said he was outside by the fire pit burning, shooting and then burying in the pet cemetery (where Tylee's remains were found).

September 8, 2019
11:53 a.m.:"Well, I’ve had an interesting morning! I felt I should burn all of the limb debris by the fire pit before it got too soaked by the coming storms. While I did so, I spotted a big raccoon along the fence. I hurried and got my gun, and he was still walking along. I got close enough that one shot did the trick. He is now in our pet cemetery. Fun times!"

Last edited:
I'm curious if they found any CD DNA on the duct tape. You'd think if there was, it's included in the discovery and I'd imagine JP has given the green light on this interview. Maybe there is no DNA linking CD and everything is digital evidence. Maybe there is DNA on the duct tape and they're saying someone must have stolen it from his shed or home to frame him.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what Chad could or could not see from the house, because Chad wasn't "in the house" on September 8, 2019.

Chad said he was outside by the fire pit burning, shooting and then burying in the pet cemetery (where Tylee's remains were found).

September 8, 2019
11:53 a.m.:"Well, I’ve had an interesting morning! I felt I should burn all of the limb debris by the fire pit before it got too soaked by the coming storms. While I did so, I spotted a big raccoon along the fence. I hurried and got my gun, and he was still walking along. I got close enough that one shot did the trick. He is now in our pet cemetery. Fun times!"
BBM. The defense might argue that the remains were put there later when Chad was either indoors or wasn't home.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member