Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think AC's widow was contacted by media and had "no comment". MB and IP are not POI's so it is only 2 kids missing because IMO LE know where CD and LVD are.

Why do you think LE knows where CD and LV are living? Do you think they are in communication with them and/or have them under surveillance?

January 14,2020
Update per Justin Lum Fox10 Phoenix

Justin Lum Fox 10 on Twitter

Chandler PD admits the audio for Lori Vallow on body cam footage should not have been redacted. We are waiting on an updated version. #fox10phoenix

11:25 AM · Jan 14, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Wow. Go Justin Lum! He is really rocking it at getting us info in this case. I was surprised when the body cam and 911 call were released for a case LE says is still an open investigation but that must be the laws in AZ and I'm guessing the laws also don't protect Lori's statements as a witness-- meaning her part shouldn't have been redacted. I can't wait to see/hear more details from Lori's LE interviews. That should be interesting. MOO.

Is it ok to add a screenshot from Gray’s video? He enhanced the image of the gun.

I think it's okay, just please link to the video the screenshots came from when you post (screenshots with no source link are removed by the mods). Thanks!

ETA: And put it in the media thread too, please. ;):)

Why do you think LE knows where CD and LV are living? Do you think they are in communication with them and/or have them under surveillance?
Because LE stated they don't believe the kids were with them when they left Rexburg, and the neighbour did not see kids after 23rd. He saw Lori and Chad loading up the truck to leave IIRC. It is MOO therefore that I think they have tracked them. Not sure how but they want to know where the kids are. They have not said they want to know where L and C or anyone else are. I could be wrong though.

Wonder if Lori had any furniture in ID and if not, if anyone thought that strange. “I disposed of all my husbands belongings before disposing of him, cut my nose off to spite my face as well...

So he can have an unlocked bag with a loaded gun in it, lying around where a 7 year old autistic boy is living? That's legal in Az?
Unfortunately it's not illegal in many places. A kid gets a gun, something happens, parents are rarely charged. It happens alot. They should charge parents when they fail to lock guns, especially when a child is killed or injured.

Zillow has it for sale at $559,900. Estimated house payment $2597.00/mnth. $111,980 down. $105/month HOA.

https://www.trulia.com/p/az/chandler/5531-s-four-peaks-pl-chandler-az-85249--1005241956
I'm showing the house is pending, which means someone is in the process of buying it right now. I wonder if they will back out if the contract allows, after finding out all that happened there (if the buyer does figure it out). Idaho, for example, doesn't require sellers to disclose if someone died or was murdered in a home.

Gray Hughes is Live going over the Bodycam footage. He's also going over the current Harley Dilly update, so may be better to rewatch after the Live is over.

Thanks for alerting us to this. I am including a screengrab from his live where he edited the lighting of the gun and bag beside the mattress in the striped room.

Attachments

• 9C271C79-D69C-4ABB-8217-10C192236CC9.jpeg
    9C271C79-D69C-4ABB-8217-10C192236CC9.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 109
  • 460760BE-FC50-4263-883D-FEA0BA0AD3D9.jpeg
    460760BE-FC50-4263-883D-FEA0BA0AD3D9.jpeg
    31.2 KB · Views: 108
So he turned off the Bluetooth between doing CPR and walking outside while on the phone? Because he had the phone up to his ear when he walked outside.

I’m skeptical a normal person would have the time/wherewithal to turn off speakerphone. But then, we’d almost certainly be able to hear the difference in sound if he was on speaker... and we’d definitely hear the change in sound if he switched from on to another.

I’m sorry, but that video raises more questions than it resolves... including about the competence of law enforcement.

I have not seen the video so im at a disadvantage on that. It was just a passing thought on my part.

Because LE stated they don't believe the kids were with them when they left Rexburg, and the neighbour did not see kids after 23rd. He saw Lori and Chad loading up the truck to leave IIRC. It is MOO therefore that I think they have tracked them. Not sure how but they want to know where the kids are. They have not said they want to know where L and C or anyone else are. I could be wrong though.

Thanks for replying! You could be right.

Decided to type out the various timelines of the shooting to make it easier to compare stories. The first is Justin Lum's Fox 10 Phoenix story which appeared on the news:

911 call from Alex - "I got in a fight with my brother-in-law and I shot him in self-defense."

Body cam - LE: "What happened today? How did it get to this?"
Alex: "I don't know, he was enraged."
Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix narrating: "The police report reveals that Charles arrived to pick up his son JJ but got into a heated argument with Lori after she wouldn't give Charles his phone back."
Body cam Alex - "It was over my sister. He was getting physical with her so my niece came out with her bat. And he took the bat away from her."
LE: "I thought you said your niece left."
Alex: "She did, that was before."
Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix: "Charles pulls the metal bat away from Tylee. Moments later Cox says he grabs Charles from behind and they fall to the ground. When Cox gets back up, he explains how he got hit in the back of the head."
Alex on body cam: "I turned around and he hit me in the back of the head with a bat. So I went to my room and got my gun, cause I always carry."
Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix: "Cox tells officers he warned Charles to drop the bat before shooting him twice in the chest. Bodycam footage shows the investigation inside the home as police find Charles' body on the ground."
LE on body cam to Lori: "Does your husband live here or no?"
Lori: "No, he lives in Houston."
LE: "Gotcha."
Lori: "We're separated."
Justine Lum Fox 10 Phoenix: "Lori returned to the scene in Charles' rental car and met with police. However, Chanlder PD redacted the audio of the officers interaction with her. But the report says moments before the shooting, Lori heard the gunshot and walked from the kitchen to the living room to find Charles' body. Then she checks on the kids in the car. She almost goes back inside before ultimately driving off. Moments later, her brother calls 911."
News storys shows more bodycam of LE asking Alex to walk out of the house and wraps up story.
More Chandler PD body cam footage

LE has Alex come outside and sit on the curb. Officer does a quick search of the house announcing one subject down in the living room and tells another officer entering the home where to find the gun in the pink bedroom. (Notes from me - there are 3 bedrooms off the kitchen hall. It doesn't look like LE ever entered the first bedroom on the right, only the two bedrooms at the end of the hall. Alex said in the first body cam that "I went to my room and got the gun.")
Fire and Rescue to LE: "Do we know his name?"
LE: "Ah, we didn't have any of that as of right now."
LE talk amongst themselves about completing sweep of the home
LE: " You wanna stay here, I'll see if I can get this guy's info?"
Heard in background: "One, two, three, four shots?"
LE goes back outside and heads over to where another officer is interviewing Alex.
LE: "Did you get the guy insides name?"
2nd LE: "No, I haven't got anything." Mic cuts out for several seconds of conversation between the two officers and Alex, then comes back on.
2nd LE: "Charles is the husband of the occupants here. But I guess he lives in where?"
Alex: "Houston."
LE: "Houston. Do you know a date of birth?"
Alex: "No"
LE: "He's from Houston?"
Alex: "Yeah."
2nd LE: "Is his vehicle here? How did he get here?"
Alex: "Uhhh"
LE: "Is it here from Texas?"
Alex: "No, that's my sister's car. I think he came in a rental car and my sister's in it."
2nd LE: "You think your sister's in the rental car?"
LE with body cam heads back towards the house and begins speaking over his radio but mic is silenced. He enters house and mic goes in and out several times while he discusses the circumstances of Charles' death with other officials. LE begins seach for "a wallet or something" encounters another officer. He points to the blue bedroom.
LE: "He was probably staying in this room, over here, I would think?"
2nd LE: "If you see anything of interest throw cards on it so we can remember to..."
LE: "Yeah, I'm just kinda lookin for a *advertiser censored*kin wallet or something that got this guy's..."
2nd LE: "ID in it?"
LE: "Yeah, somthin' because we got nothin' man."
2nd LE: unintelligible
LE:"Cause it sounds like ah, dude's ah, friend of the family or something."
2nd LE: "How do you think the brother knows him?"
LE: "I'm goin' off." LE turns off his camera.
Reports detail man’s death months before son went missing
This article includes details from Tylee's interview. There are more details that stick out in this story but need to limit my cut and paste.

"Ryan came out of her room with the metal bat after she was awakened by yelling outside her bedroom door. Ryan, who was trying to defend her mother, told police that her stepfather was too close, so she told him to back up, but he managed to take away the bat, according to police records..."

"In a police video, Cox told investigators that the two children and their mother had left the house shortly before the shooting occurred."
Finally, there's the Homicide Summary dated August 1, 2019 which refences the case as open and lists in the heading 099-2 2nd Degree Murder:

On 7/11/2019 at 0836 hours Patrol responded to a shooting call at (redacted). An altercation ensued as a result of a domestic disturbance. One subject died as a reselt of the shooting. The decedent went to the listed residence to pick up his 7 year old son and take him to school. An argument ensued between him and his estranged wife. In an effort to defend her mother a female juvenile tried to fend off the decedent with a baseball bat. The decendent took the bat from the juvenile and began swinging it. The shooter (the decedent's brother-in-law) intervened and was struck with the bat on the back of the head. The shooter then went into a bedroom and retrieved a handgun. He confronted the decedent and demanded that he leave. Armed with the bat, the decedent moved aggressively towards the shooter, at which time the shooter fired at least twice in what he described as "self-defense." The shooter was released after his interview and this case will be reviewed by MCAO. The case agent is Det. N. Moffat #493. The case # is 2019-83744.
There's a lot to unpack here and some of the stories don't match up. For example, Alex says Charles is "getting physical" with Lori while Tylee reports he was "too close" to her mom.

Why did Lori have Charles' phone in the first place? To provoke or to prevent him from calling 911? Why and how were the kids in his car?

It could be misreporting by the Daily Bee but the article states that Alex said Lori and the kids had left before the shooting. The other Fox 10 Phoenix report puts her in the kitchen at the time of the shooting. Which is it?

If the kids are in the car, Lori is in the kitchen (or left with the kids) and Alex is going to get his gun, what's Charles doing during this time? Standing around waiting for Alex to get the gun?

Did Alex tell him to leave or tell him to drop the bat? Both are reported. From where Charles is laying in the home, he's boxed in by walls on two sides. If he fell backwards after being shot, Alex would have had to have been in the hallway. There's no room to swing there. Also, who "moves aggessively" towards someone pointing a gun at them anyway.

There's a lot more but my mind has turned to mush trying to keep it all straight.

Attachments

• Homicide Summary.jpg
    Homicide Summary.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 12
Creepy, two houses that had people die in them.

Chad and Tammy's house.
Lori's rental house, in Arizona.

The real estate agent does not have to disclose that a person died in a house, but it doesn't seem to be a good thing for a house. Personally, I wouldn't want to live in a house like that. Negative energy, and all

Did Alex tell him to leave or tell him to drop the bat? Both are reported. From where Charles is laying in the home, he's boxed in by walls on two sides. If he fell backwards after being shot, Alex would have had to have been in the hallway. There's no room to swing there. Also, who "moves aggessively" towards someone pointing a gun at them anyway.

In the bodycam video LE with notepad/tablet says to the responding officer: 3, 4 shots?

Sounds like Alex wasn't shot at close range so perhaps you are right and Alex started shooting from the hallway? I have no real understanding of ballistics, guns, etc... so please refute me/clarify this. MOO

during th
I'm showing the house is pending, which means someone is in the process of buying it right now. I wonder if they will back out if the contract allows, after finding out all that happened there (if the buyer does figure it out). Idaho, for example, doesn't require sellers to disclose if someone died or was murdered in a home.
AZ requires notification of a death in the house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member