Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bodycam footage of missing cult mom Lori Vallow | Daily Mail Online

Body cam footage of Alex's interview. It paints a completely different picture. Two altercations, not one, with the second happening after Lori and the kids are gone. After shooting Charles, he takes the gun to the bedroom and grabs his phone. Then cleans up his supposed head wound before calling 911.

The story makes no sense at all. There's a 2 second window where the back of his head is not blurred. I grabbed a screen shot and can't see any wound.

Edit: The article itself is confusing so I recommend just watching the body cam video.
Thank you for posting! I had only watched the few clips of this interview with Alex from the Fox 10 news segment.

In this video/interview with Kay and Larry Woodcock (Charles' sister) Kay explains the time line, but it is not the most clear. I recommend listening to the whole episode (I speed it up), but at around min 21:30 Kay says Charles had moved to Houston at the end of March 2019, but then Lori comes back into the picture... and leaves again for 2 weeks? JJ was with Larry in Lake Charles, LA at this time, Kay was helping Charles move to Houston. Kay references "their house on tomahawk in Phoenix" I believe referring to Charles and Lori's house?
Tomahawk in Gilbert.

Sorry, another thing someone may have already said: it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if JJ was sleeping with Lori and didn’t have a bedroom. My 7-yr-old doesn’t sleep alone, and he’s not autistic. He does have a room, but he won’t sleep alone. My daughter did the same until she was 11 or so. Don’t judge me. Lol.

No judging here. Our kids always slept with us, and usually a baby in a "Pak N Play" right next to the bed. Dogs, cats, kids...I think that is far more common than people acknowledge.

For a few years, my kids actually didn't have beds, they had blow up mattresses, we were staying in base housing, what was the point?

cant judge when I was the same and my kids are/were. It makes sense to me
Yes it makes sense that some kids still sleep in their parents’ room at that age. No judgement on that at all. Not that I see Lori as being a tender mother to JJ at this stage. The house really didn’t look lived in at all though - not by a kid- the master bed was all made, etc. made me think they were fixin’ to flee...

Sorry, another thing someone may have already said: it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if JJ was sleeping with Lori and didn’t have a bedroom. My 7-yr-old doesn’t sleep alone, and he’s not autistic. He does have a room, but he won’t sleep alone. My daughter did the same until she was 11 or so. Don’t judge me. Lol.

That's actually a good point! My oldest is on the spectrum and slept in our room until he was about 7-8. My middle is about to turn 8 and still sleeps in our room most of the time. The baby is 3 and takes up half the bed. I'm not hopeful he'll be out any time soon lol. (Truthfully, I don't mind it. They're little and want to be close to us for such a short time in their lives!)

For me personally "solving the mystery of CV's death" and other seemingly unrelated elements surrounding this entire case is a big part of finding out what happened to Tylee and JJ. Especially in trying to understand the family dynamics. For example, did Tylee hate her stepfather Charles? According to some reports yes, and supposedly she also brought out a metal baseball bat to help fight him off of her mother. And yet, if this were true then what persuaded her to get into Charles' rental car? Did she get in before the shooting? Apparently so from all accounts. Yet this doesn't make sense based on the narrative. And if she truly hated him why does she appear agitated, flustered, emotional, and/or distraught when the officer is interviewing Lori? Does she support and love Lori? Or might she have been upset at her for something she did? What if Lori compelled Tylee to lie to LE and create a cover story? Why did Tylee want to stay in Arizona instead of going to Idaho with her mother and uncle? Apparently what caused her to go was she wanted to help protect JJ because she loved him. But what would he need to be protected from? All of these and many more unanswered questions remain about the family dynamics. If Tylee loves and supports Lori and will do anything she asks then that might be indicative of Tylee and JJ willingly going into hiding (for whatever reason). If Tylee hated Lori and Alex and felt threatened by them then maybe she ran away with JJ. If Tylee was a witness to a crime and (heaven forbid) being threatened with death herself if she spoke out or didn't follow along (i.e. "I had my husband killed and I can kill you too!") then that might mean something else may have happened to the kids. We just don't know. And figuring out what happened in the past with events surrounding everyone, no matter how insignificant it might appear, might help lead us to figuring out what happened to Tylee and JJ, and where they are or might go. Moo.
All good points. I believe all background (especially establishing the nature of relationships, and the identification of possible witnesses to a crime) matters. I didn't say CV's death shouldn't be investigated (in fact I've posted many times trying to contribute to "solving the mystery". And I never suggested that "it's not all related" (as another poster seemed to suggest in response to a previous post), and I certainly never implied that "seemingly unrelated" events were unimportant.

I was simply hoping to redirect some of our focus to Rexburg, as (as far I know) that's the location where the children were last seen, and a location where both Lori and Alex resided (and where they were possibly in possession of some of the vehicles that were present at the the house in AZ), albeit briefly. I just wish we had as much focus and information on what happened in ID as we have on what happened on 7/11 in AZ, as imo they're equally important. I guess all of it just takes time and thorough investigation.

I especially like your questions and thoughts about Tylee's relationship with Lori, and how that might shed light on whether Tylee would've perhaps been willing to go into hiding with JJ, or whether she instead might've felt threatened by Lori and been suspicious of any attempt by Lori to spirit them off or separate her from JJ. I should have included that in my list of aspects or items to possibly take from the events in AZ on 7/11 forward to the later events in ID (and as they might be key in determining the location of the children.

I did not imply that the list was in anyway comprehensive or exclusive, but rather suggested that those aspects and items were "among the things" that might be useful going forward in helping to locate the children (and the list did include involved or present vehicles and their subsequent whereabouts - including the rental car). Jmo

Bodycam footage of missing cult mom Lori Vallow | Daily Mail Online

Body cam footage of Alex's interview. It paints a completely different picture. Two altercations, not one, with the second happening after Lori and the kids are gone...

Edit: The article itself is confusing so I recommend just watching the body cam video.
Yea, he clearly makes a claim there that his sister left before he killed Charles. Charles supposedly came after him again after Lori left? Which makes sense to exactly who?
Charles came to pick up JJ. Lori left with JJ and Taylee yet Charles stayed at the house? Why would he allow Lori leave with JJ in his rental car and stay in the house, when his goal was to pick up JJ? And then he decided to come after Alex?

It appeared that Tylee did have some friends. If she had left home, she probably would have contacted one of them, or even her brother.

This is why I don't believe that Tylee is alive. She is old enough to have left, and gone for help.

All good points. I believe all background (especially establishing the nature of relationships, and the identification of possible witnesses to a crime) matters. I didn't say CV's death shouldn't be investigated (in fact I've posted many times trying to contribute to "solving the mystery". And I never suggested that "it's not all related" (as another poster seemed to suggest in response to a previous post), and I certainly never implied that "seemingly unrelated" events were unimportant.

I was simply hoping to redirect some of our focus to Rexburg, as (as far I know) that's the location where the children were last seen, and a location where both Lori and Alex resided (and where they were possibly in possession of some of the vehicles that were present at the the house in AZ), albeit briefly. I just wish we had as much focus and information on what happened in ID as we have on what happened on 7/11 in AZ, as imo they're equally important. I guess all of it just takes time and thorough investigation.

I especially like your questions and thoughts about Tylee's relationship with Lori, and how that might shed light on whether Tylee would've perhaps been willing to go into hiding with JJ, or whether she instead might've felt threatened by Lori and been suspicious of any attempt by Lori to spirit them off or separate her from JJ. I should have included that in my list of aspects or items to possibly take from the events in AZ on 7/11 forward to the later events in ID (and as they might be key in determining the location of the children.

I did not imply that the list was in anyway comprehensive or exclusive, but rather suggested that those aspects and items were "among the things" that might be useful going forward in helping to locate the children (and the list did include involved or present vehicles and their subsequent whereabouts - including the rental car). Jmo

I think it's also the nature of WS, we can only really talk about what's happening in MSM (for good reasons!) and right now all the information is coming from Arizona. I believe it was stated that Lori and Chad left Idaho, so I'm not sure how to find/look for the kids, unless more people in Idaho decide to talk to the media. MOO

No judging here. Our kids always slept with us, and usually a baby in a "Pak N Play" right next to the bed. Dogs, cats, kids...I think that is far more common than people acknowledge.

For a few years, my kids actually didn't have beds, they had blow up mattresses, we were staying in base housing, what was the point?

I remember my youngest son sleeping in our bed. In fact, one morning I didn't make my bed, I just fed the boys breakfast, hustled them onto the school bus then returned to allow repairmen into the master bath to fix something or other... as I lead them through the bedroom I heard one of them snicker. I looked over and realized my son's oversized stuffed animal chimpanzee was tucked into my bed... Grinning as only stuffed animals can do.

'Maybe ya had to be there ?!? Lol

Looks like they couldn't even keep the story straight between the two of them (Alex and Lori). <modsnip: generalized LE bashing is not allowed>

"Cox said that Joshua, Tylee, and Lori Daybell all left the home before the gunshots, but Lori’s statement said when she heard a gunshot she walked from the kitchen to the living room, finding her husband dead, according to Fox10 Phoenix. She then went outside to check on the kids and drove away with them in Charles Vallow’s rental car."
Court docs, body camera detail aftermath of shooting that killed Charles Vallow | East Idaho News

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's also the nature of WS, we can only really talk about what's happening in MSM (for good reasons!) and right now all the information is coming from Arizona. I believe it was stated that Lori and Chad left Idaho, so I'm not sure how to find/look for the kids, unless more people in Idaho decide to talk to the media. MOO

Totally agree. We have been sleuthing for months now ( you can see how many threads and links to records and reports in how many different states..) now we are in a holding pattern until we have autopsy reports back in Utah and Arizona. And good grief the topics we have covered ! If someone would give us a map and an idea we would be on the ground looking for 2 kids I am sure too. MMO

Good evening. I’ve been following this thread and finally decided to comment. Does anyone else notice per body cam video that AC has his sunglasses on top of his forehead? Why?? Soo supposedly he was hit with a metal bat and then a tussle ensued. Wouldn’t those sunglasses have come off his head? Or he just happened to take the time to grab them before coming out of the house with his hands up?? This makes no sense to me

Good evening. I’ve been following this thread and finally decided to comment. Does anyone else notice per body cam video that AC has his sunglasses on top of his forehead? Why?? Soo supposedly he was hit with a metal bat and then a tussle ensued. Wouldn’t those sunglasses have come off his head? Or he just happened to take the time to grab them before coming out of the house with his hands up?? This makes no sense to me
Good catch! MMO

Yea, you would think the sunglasses would have come off during the fight he describes. And if he did CPR, where is the blood on his hands or clothing?

Chandler police interview Alexander Cox after shooting

This video answers some of our questions such as whether Alex lived there. Alex says he doesn't live there but he had spent the night there the night before. Alex tells the officer he is a long haul truck driver and has his own home in San Tan Valley. The narrative is still pretty confusing, however, on what the fight was over, how it happened, who started it, who was there when, etc. Alex tells it as if there were two separate events -- first Lori and Charles were arguing and Tylee brought the bat out to defend her mom but supposedly CV took the bat from Tylee. Then Alex says he broke up that argument and that Lori, Tylee and JJ left in CV's rental car leaving CV and Alex there. Alex claims that CV hit him with the bat (after Lori and the kids left?) and then Alex says he went to the room he was staying in to get his gun. The police officer asks if Alex always carries a gun and Alex says yes. Alex claims he came back to the living room and CV was there still holding the bat. Alex claims he told Charles to drop the bat or he would shoot him. Alex claims CV didn't drop the bat so he shot Charles twice in the chest in self defense.

This whole story is such a bunch of bull. I don't understand why Alex didn't find himself under arrest that afternoon. But I guess his claim of self defense couldn't be proven false right away?
:confused:o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member