ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS* NO DISCUSSION #2

oviedo

Reaction score
Police searching for Rexburg children believed to be in serious danger | East Idaho News
Police seek help locating 2 endangered children, disappearance may be tied to death investigation
[...]

Death Investigation

Family members found Tammy Daybell, 49, dead in her Fremont County home Oct. 19, 2019. At that time, Daybell’s death was believed to be natural.

Daybell was interred in Springville, Utah, on Oct. 22. Subsequent investigation by the FCSO determined Daybell's death may be suspicious. On Dec. 11, Daybell's remains were exhumed by the FCSO, with the assistance of the Utah Office of the Medical Examiner, and an autopsy conducted.

During the course of the death investigation by the FCSO, investigators were made aware that two Rexburg children, ages 7 and 17, were missing.

Investigators determined within a couple weeks of Daybell's death, her surviving husband, Chad Daybell, had married Rexburg resident Lori Vallow, who is the mother of the missing children.

Missing Children Background:
Rexburg police attempted to conduct a welfare check on Joshua Vallow, the adopted 7- year-old special needs son of Lori Vallow, at their residence at 565 Pioneer Road in Rexburg Nov. 26.

The welfare check was being conducted as extended family outside Idaho had not been able to speak with Joshua since September and were concerned.

Investigators from Rexburg police spoke with Lori Vallow and her new husband, Chad Daybell, who indicated Joshua was staying with a family friend in Arizona.

Investigators left but learned later that day that Joshua had not been staying with the friend as indicated by Lori Vallow.

On Nov. 27, Rexburg police executed search warrants at locations in Rexburg associated with Lori Vallow, in an attempt to locate Joshua.

As the search warrants were being executed, investigators determined Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell had abruptly vacated their residence .....
Police seek help locating 2 endangered children, disappearance may be tied to death investigation - Local News

Missing Since: Sep 23, 2019
Missing From: Rexburg, ID
DOB: May 25, 2012
Age Now: 7
Sex: Male
Race: White
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Height: 4'0"
Weight: 50 lbs

Joshua and Tylee were last seen on September 23, 2019 in Rexburg, Idaho. Joshua may go by the nickname JJ. He may be in need of medical attention.

Associated children: Tylee Ryan

Have you seen this child? TYLEE RYAN
NCMEC: 1376727

Tylee Ryan

Missing Since: Sep 23, 2019
Missing From: Rexburg, ID
DOB: Sep 24, 2002
Age Now: 17
Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 160 lbs

Joshua and Tylee were last seen on September 23, 2019 in Rexburg, Idaho. Joshua may go by the nickname JJ. He may be in need of medical attention.

Associated children: Joshua Vallow

ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT

Rexburg Police Department (Idaho) 1-208-359-3000

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Idaho Judicial Cases of Interest

CR22-20-0838 - Fremont County
State of Idaho v. Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell

CR22-20-0755 - Fremont County
State of Idaho v. Chad Guy Daybell

(Order re Conflict of Interest (same order both cases):

"Sealed hearings were held regarding a potential attorney conflict of interest. The Court listened carefully to the oral arguments and thoroughly reviewed documents submitted by the State and counsel for the Defendant.

After exhaustive analysis, the Court finds that any conflict of interest has been adequately waived for the current proceedings. This case can proceed forward with current counsel.
"

It is so Ordered

July 27, 2020 Hon. Faren Z. Eddins, Magistrate Judge)

Eric Grossarth - Reporter
1 hr ·
Also, in today's updates for the Daybell case: Madison County Prosecutor Rob Wood subpoenaed two FBI agents to testify at the preliminary hearing of Chad Daybell on Aug. 3 and 4 in Fremont County. The FBI played an instrumental role in finding the bodies of 7-year-old Joshua Vallow and Tylee Ryan. Technology experts with the FBI used cellphone data of Alex Cox to pin the location of the two bodies. This photo is when the FBI mobile command center sat in Rexburg for weeks as the investigation unfolded. It has since returned to Salt Lake City to an FBI field office there.

--

Idaho Judicial Cases of Interest
CR22-20-0755 - Fremont County
State of Idaho v. Chad Guy Daybell

Last edited:
Nate Eaton - Reporter
15 hrs ·
Preparations are underway for Chad Daybell’s preliminary hearing at the Fremont County Courthouse. Court TV is setting up cameras and we will be streaming it live on EastIdahoNews.com Monday beginning at 9 a.m. Neighbors across the street have signs in their yards that say “Always in our Hearts - Tylee Ryan and JJ Vallow.”

Just the play back of the recording of MG's phone call with CD and LVD on December 8th 2019 -

Just the audio play back of the officer's bodycam footage of LVD on November 26th 2019

Jailhouse phone call Lori to Chad, June 9th 2020, 11:03am.

My transcription - *which may contain errors*

Starts at 0:21 after jail recorded message:

LVD: Hi babe.
CD: Hello.
LVD: Are you okay?
CD: So, they’re searching the property.
LVD: The house right now?
CD: Yes. Yeah, my house. So, Mark Means will be talking to you.
LVD: Okay. What are they in the house?
CD: No, they’re out on the property.
LVD: Are they seizing stuff?…again?
CD: They’re searching.
LVD: (quiet mmm)
CD: There is a search warrant and so, [inaudible] to handle this, with the kids
LVD: Okay.
CD: Yeah. I tried to set up a, a call. I’m glad you called.
LVD: Yeah.
CD: So, we’ll see what transpires.
CD: Yeah don’t…
LVD: What do you want me to do? Pray?
CD: What?
LVD: What do you want me…
CD: Yeah pray.
LVD: little noise like a chuckle
CD: So, so, yeah.
LVD: Okay. What can I do for you?
CD: Um, I feel pretty calm, I would call Mark though, we need…just talk with him.
LVD: Have you talked to him already?
CD: I did call him, yes.
LVD: So he knows what they’re doing?
CD: Yes. It’s like I…it’s hard [for him?] [inaudible] [somebody?] sometimes [you cry?] I love you so much.
LVD: Okay. I love you, shall I try to call you later?
CD: Um, I don’t know, I don’t know, uh, you can try, yeah, I’ll answer if I can.
CD: I love you and we'll talk soon.
LVD: Okay baby, I love you
CD: Okay, love you. Bye.

Last edited:
Updates and video from Day 2 of CD's preliminary hearing:

Last update from the hearing (in the article):
3:50 p.m. Eddins is back from a 10 minute recess. He says the reason preliminary hearings are held is to determine probable cause. Eddins says after reviewing all of the testimony, exhibits and arguments, Wood has met its burden of probable cause. Eddins says there is probable or sufficient cause that Daybell committed the crimes he’s accused of. Daybell’s case is now bound over to District Court and he will go before Judge Steven Boyce on Aug. 21 for an arraignment.

Chad Daybell case advances to District Court after 2-day preliminary hearing | East Idaho News

(Continuing from Day One)
Part 5

Part 6

Part 7 (final)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members