Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about posting bail. I get the 10% rule and how he or she will be on the hook for the rest of the $5mil if she runs. Does he get the $500k when she shows up in court? Or is he out that money?

If he’s out that money and doesn’t get it back, he will be up a creek without a paddle when he’s arrested for his crimes. ?? MOO

AND...will she have to post bail again when she gets to Idaho? I would say he should save his money until he REALLY needs it.

She only posts bail once. Charges are in Idaho, she posts bail in Idaho, not Hawaii.

I think she called her lawyer and it took time because of Thanksgiving. In the same way the group that cannot be named suddenly backed up a hundred steps away from Chad and Lori. Ends justified the means. Glad she spoke up. She has done what was right.

Yeah, I admit I haven't actually studied the timeline but I think a lot of people who say they would theoretically "let LE know immediately", would not in fact let LE know immediately. I should think it would be human nature to wait and mull over it a day or so; possibly even overnight while you take some counsel.

We have the same rules - but there is a set procedure for this (called "Discovery") that begins when the person is arraigned. She fled and has not been arraigned. She is under a warrant, she's arrested, now charges will be brought. At that point, she's entitled to the evidence against her. It does vary a bit by state, but that's the general pattern. She'll get everything that the prosecution intends to use in court. As the case progresses, the prosecution will always be required to share with her attorneys as new evidence appears, before the Court will allow it in evidence. Sometimes this means that court is postponed for an hour or a day while all of this takes place (as new evidence can appear even after trial starts).

Police do not have share evidence with a suspect before arraignment, that just wouldn't work. So our system is very similar to UK - I'd be surprised if Scotland Yard has to go to every single person they investigate and tell them what they're finding as the case is being investigated. It's only after it's in court that the rules of discovery apply.

US prosecutors are rigorous about providing every single shred of evidence to the defense - that's one reason it often takes years to bring some complex cases to trial. Police do not follow the same rules as prosecuting attorneys in court, at any rate.
Unfortunately that’s where you are wrong.
As a Senior Detective of too many years to count lol , you now have to show your hand and disclose everything before you interview your suspect if they have legal representation. Some choose not to have legal representation and in that case, disclosure isn’t an issue but if legal representation is in attendance, they will automatically ask for all disclosure and we have to give it to them . It’s really frustrating because they can then come up with a story opps I mean their truthful account (?) as to what happened and give this account in the interview under caution and recorded , and often they then fit their account around the nature of the disclosure given !!!
If we don’t and during interviews we allude to something that wasn’t disclosed, the solicitor will stop the interview and will then make representation that this was not disclosed prior to interview and therefore he or she will either recommend that their client go NO COMMENT or they will stop the interview for the purpose to take legal advice with their client and come up with another account to answer the latest fact disclosed. It’s a real frustration but there’s no way around it.
You get your evidence before you arrest whereas we can arrest immediately for the purpose of obtaining evidence by questioning and then we then charge ( arraign) and then the hard work starts to build the prosecution’s file and subsequent court case .
I know their are pros and cons for each way of working but I do prefer ours insomuch that often it appears that in the USA , if you don’t have any real evidence as such but you have suspicions or belief that they are involved, you can’t arrest and often it appears that people like in this case AC , literally get away with murder CV, because there’s insufficient to arrest him whereas in the UK, circumstances alone in that case would mean that I would have been able to arrest Lori and Alex immediate on suspicion of the murder of CV and I could have arranged for both Tyler and J.J. to be brought to the juvenile interview suite and be mandated to be interviewed in the presence of an appropriate adult not involved in the case as well as legal representation, at the time I attended the scene of CVs death and then preserved evidence at the scene immediately

From the criminal complaint, it appears that on 11/26 after leaving the town home, RPD tried to contact MG to see if JJ was with her. I assume they left a message.

Also on 11/26 (I assume sometime soon after RPD had left the town home) both Lori and Chad made phone calls to MG asking her to lie to LE (to say that JJ was with her) in the event LE contacted her inquiring about JJ.

Then, after being asked by RPD on 11/26 to follow up, Gilbert PD went to MG's residence, but found she was not home. I assume this visit was on 11/27. Later (that same day?) however, Gilbert PD was able to speak to MG by phone. During the phone conversation, MG reported that JJ was not with her and that he had not been at her residence in several months. But it appears she neglected to mention the calls she'd received from Lori and Chad (possibly) just the night before.

On 12/6 MG finally contacted RPD to report the phone calls she had received from Lori and Chad on 11/26 in which they requested that she lie for them.

Why, during her phone conversation with Gilbert PD on 11/27, did MG not tell them about the phone calls she had received from Lori and Chad (possibly) just the night before? And why did MG wait until 12/6 before reporting the calls to RPD? Talk about delaying investigators in their search for the kids..

I can certainly understand that MG may have been afraid for her safety if she didn't comply with Lori and Chad's request that she lie. But given that MG probably knew LE would eventually learn of the calls, shouldn't she have also been worried about it appearing in the future that she had been complicit in Lori and Chad's deception (and that she also in the future could possibly face obstruction charges)?

Did MG contact RPD when she did because it was the right thing to do, or because she was less (or possibly more?) afraid than she had been on 11/27, or because she realized the ship was starting to take on water?
Hmm maybe she bought into the whole evil-grandma-custody-battle thing that has been mentioned a bit, and then thought better about it later.

According to the affidavit (and my memory) there were 4 people on the trip to Yellowstone. Lori, Tylee, JJ and Alex. JJ came back, Tylee did not. I am wondering if Lori and JJ were dropped off somewhere and Alex and Tylee went down the road and Tylee and JJ were told that Tylee was going to meet the grandmother from Louisiana or someone else, and Tylee would leave with them, and JJ would go back with Lori back to Rexburg. (instead, something bad happened to Tylee). JJ would have been told something logical, rather than what actually happened if something fatal happened to Tylee.
There was a very short Facetime with the Grandparents. Makes me think that there was something they didn't want him to tell them (maybe the dog was gone or Tylee was)

Because of the 'fanatical' stuff attributed to religion?

Has LE checked the LDS communes in Mexico? If not, why not?
Not all fanatics are involved in the same version of crazy. From what I understand there are normal LDS people in Mexico, and then there are the fundamentalist sects that broke off from the official church - those are the ones skirting laws.

Clearly, the case involves not only mainstream LDS members, who have been vocal about the case on this forum but other LDS members on other forums. The POI’s in this case espouse beliefs not aligned with mainstream LDS. If there is not an official statement from the church, acknowledging that some members of the church are sharing false doctrine, one could make an assumption that the church supports the sharing of false doctrine. MOO

The LDS church has stated over and over and over again not to be involved in all these fanatical things. They speak to their members twice a year and keep saying this, and people keep ignoring them. I'm not sure what else you want said. When people choose to ignore what their leaders say and follow people like Chad anyway, what do you think the leadership of the church can say that they will actually listen to? Sometimes I think people want the church to comment to soothe their own issues... because it won't really impact anything in this case.

Geography was my first attraction! Family in Gilbert, and one of my best vacations in Kauai!! But the horror takes over and though we know and are learning a great deal, we are all going to feel sick or over the moon when we finally get to the truth. imo. imo.

Absolutely.

IMO they both know about each other's bad deeds. I believe they planned them together.

I’m still not sure that Tammy’s “demise” way back when was part of his relationship with Lori or if upon meeting they realized how much they had in common. (translate that to say “I don’t remember when his vision of Tammy’s death was first reported and if that report was even truth.”)

But as the noose begins to tighten, we will see many different responses from different people. I think in Lori we see the “this is not real, it can’t happen, I will win, I am a god. I think she is still convinced.” I’m not so sure that Chad feels that confident anymore. It is that type of breakdown that I believe LE is looking for. (This is only based on visible body language, of course. Not an expert, MOO)

Then charge him with something else? Kidnapping, assault, shoplifting.

I'd guess that if they have any evidence of anything of note that they probably have things in place to arrest him if he tries to leave the country. But as it stands the logic of letting him follow Lori back to Rexburg before charging him with anything makes sense.

That is an old pic of Tylee with her best friend, the friend whom she had not seen for over a year at the time the news broke that she was missing. It is not from Yellowstone in September.

Justin Lum Fox 10
@jlumfox10

·
23h

Replying to
@jlumfox10
WHERE’S TYLEE: RPD searches Lori’s iCloud & found picture of Tylee Ryan at Yellowstone Park on 9/8/19. That is last known sighting of Tylee who went to the park w/ Lori, Alex & JJ. Surveillance there confirms Tylee visited. Also - Chad & Lori flew from LA to Kauai on 12/1.

From Justin's tweet, it seems that this picture of Tylee is from Yellowstone? If so, does that mean a friend of hers was also there? That would potentially mean that nothing nefarious happened to her on this particular trip, or the other girl would have surely noticed/said something.

Or, did he just include a random pic? If so, nevermind. I haven't followed this case in its entirety so apologies if it is just a media pic.

I just read that on Sept. 8, Tylee, Joshua, Vallow and Vallow's brother Alex Cox went on a day trip to Yellowstone National Park. For some reason, I thought it was Chad with them not Alex.

So Tylee was last seen with the man that she saw kill her father under questionable circumstances.

I’m confused about the narrative that LVD started saying CV had issues the entirety of their relationship with Tylee . Then Tylee in her interviews also mentioned they didn’t get along . That doesn’t exactly match up with what others have said but also I know from personal experience a lot can be hidden to portray the perfect family picture when not behind locked doors. Not saying he was abusive at all. Just wondering if they did get along .
I also was incredibly upset knowing it was Alex who went to Yellowstone . Bc Alex seems to do what LVD wants . She guilts him, prods him, manipulates him and possibly threatened him.

Justin Lum Fox 10
@jlumfox10

·
23h

Replying to
@jlumfox10
WHERE’S TYLEE: RPD searches Lori’s iCloud & found picture of Tylee Ryan at Yellowstone Park on 9/8/19. That is last known sighting of Tylee who went to the park w/ Lori, Alex & JJ. Surveillance there confirms Tylee visited. Also - Chad & Lori flew from LA to Kauai on 12/1.

From Justin's tweet, it seems that this picture of Tylee is from Yellowstone? If so, does that mean a friend of hers was also there? That would potentially mean that nothing nefarious happened to her on this particular trip, or the other girl would have surely noticed/said something.

Or, did he just include a random pic? If so, nevermind. I haven't followed this case in its entirety so apologies if it is just a media pic.
There's a ferris wheel in the background. Do they have those in Yellowstone? MOO.

A question for veteran sleuthers: at this point in time what are the chances that we will keep getting news stories about the case before the next hearing? Would there be any point in me continuing to religiously check Justin Lum's twitter or these new threads, or should I just not expect anything interesting to happen until the next hearing?

You used to be able to enter Mexico or Canada by land just with a driver’s license (pre 2009). Now you can once again enter by land if your state has one of the security enhanced drivers licenses and you actually have one. They are only slowly phasing in because states are letting you upgrade at your next 10 year registration, not trading your license in immediately.

By air you’ve always needed and still need a passport though.
I have never been to Mexico but the last time I flew internationally I had to enter my passport information at the Airline's website in order to purchase the ticket. Maybe that was a policy of the particular airline.

The US State Dept indicates a passport is needed by air AND if entering by land and traveling more than 12 miles from the border.
Mexico International Travel Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member