Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or they don't have the ability to get in the temple, but said they did and the followers weren't waiting for them either. (Probably the Hawaii temple and the followers were on the mainland anyway.) If they're going to make things up anyway ...

MOO

Exactly.

Step 1: Type up email or group text to "faithful" AVOW members (i.e. paid subscribers) with fanciful descriptions of their sealing ceremony in *advertiser censored* Temple.

Step 2: Hit send.

Step 3: Keep collecting that money from people who think you are being upright and honest.

Easiest way to lie. No need to even look the others in the eye while lying. To be clear: I don't know if any of this happened, nor if those are the claims being made, but it wouldn't be hard to do. No ruse needed, unless conducting an elaborate ruse gave them more of a thrill or something...

MOO.

Last edited:
I was just wondering if there is a legal reason, or some other important reason, why it would matter if their marriage had been "sealed"? As far as the court is concerned, wouldn't a marriage certificate from the court house be enough?
There is no legal ramification to a temple sealing. It's a religious ceremony. This case just has not only legal portions but religious ones because of the beliefs of those involved. Whether or not they were legitimately sealed, or not matters not at all to the legal end of things. It just speaks to their mindset regarding their beliefs which are outside of mainstream LDS, but still based on LDS at the foundation.

It's really just a way of saying "I have a gut feeling", but with a more religious connotation. LDS folks generally believe that "gut feelings" are promptings from the Holy Ghost/God.
Yes but seriously who really gets promptings from the Holy Spirit or God,? It is surely just used to get your own way, like Chad and his visions to get Tammy to stop playing Frontierville. MOO.

Why do you doubt she had a Temple recommend? Do you also think her previous marriages have never been sealed in a Temple before?
Her wedding dresses have never been ones she could have used in a temple wedding.
I'm guessing that if you were married in a civil ceremony years ago that you'd need proof of that having actually happened before a sealing, correct?

Another question just occurred to me. When I was reading the esssay on the official LDS website about Joseph Smith and his plural marriages it talked about him being sealed but not married to some. I took that (maybe incorrectly) to mean that the theory is he would be with these ladies in the hereafter, but not prior. Does this kind of thing still happen today (sealing for eternity, but nothing for time)?
You would need proof of anything civil, and the practice of getting sealed for eternity but not married now has ended.
I've seen Lori's membership record as it was transferred to Kauai actually. She IS indeed a member of the LDS church. As for an actual temple recommend? I couldn't say.
So, just curious, how was it that you saw that?

Yes but seriously who really gets promptings from the Holy Spirit or God,? It is surely just used to get your own way, like Chad and his visions to get Tammy to stop playing Frontierville. MOO.
Actually it's a very common thing among LDS members, and perhaps others. It depends on how religious a person is in their day to day life. I personally feel I have received promptings before.

IMO all the talk about the temple, Chad and Lori being sealed, etc. is a total smoke screen to hide the fact that ultimately they were just two people who had developed feelings for each other and wanted to have sex, but didn't want to lose their supporters. It's sad that they are using tenets of the religion, especially those that are very sacred to most members, to justify their lust and immaturity.

Exactly right. While the ones giving out all this rubbish don't follow their own advice and are on a beach somewhere.
i can't like this enough. a huge part of me being EXvangelical, was finally having my eyes opened to the rampant corruption amongst higher ranks. which is not to say all leaders are corrupt or self-serving across the assorted branches of Christianity by any means, only that it is and has always been structured as a patriarchal hierarchy... and hierarchies dont just invite grifters to join, they practically BEG them.

Plenty of people do. Many call it "a calling," or "moved by the spirit."

I mean that in general.

In this particular case, I think they are manipulators at the very least (understatement).

jmo

Her wedding dresses have never been ones she could have used in a temple wedding.

You would need proof of anything civil, and the practice of getting sealed for eternity but not married now has ended.

So, just curious, how was it that you saw that?
I see a lot of things on social media as well as other forums - however some things I see do not fall under the guise of MSM or LE based sources, and that's what is required for this particular forum.

Short Answer: No.
Long answer:
To be a living couple (because work for the dead is done there too) wanting to be sealed you have to have these things:
1. Both have to have valid temple recommends meaning they had worthiness interviews each with their bishop and again stake president (or counselors)
2. A LEGAL marriage license either from a civil marriage in the past, or one that permits a legal wedding to take place between the two of them that very day. (Tough to do if you are still married to other people legally)
3. A sealer to perform the ceremony. This is a man who has authority in the church through his calling to perform the sealing ordinance (ceremony).

If you have been married before and are divorced, then you need to have a sealing cancellation done (if you're a woman) or a sealing clearance done (if you are a man). Deceased spouses do not require any additional work for men, but they still require cancellation for a woman.

The account I have heard does not indicate that they had a sealer perform the ceremony because they would have to show him a legal marriage license which we know they would not have had while married to other people. It's been known to happen, but it's usually tough to pull off. And it does not sound to me like any sealer or anyone with proper authority in the church performed any such ordinance. Not to mention - there would be a record of it though records for living people are not visible to any but the individual and the lay clergy their membership records are held by.

Based on this couple's track record, I would say they no longer believe that laws, either of men or God apply to them. They don't seem to think the church's actual authority matters much if they believe they are "above" such matters which their behavior indicates. Thus, I believe that they had their "friend" "seal " them in a pseudo ceremony that THEY feel is valid. A lot of what they are doing and the way they are going about things are very much outside the bounds of the order and structure of the LDS church.
Just to clarify though, there has been no proof Lori has ever been to a temple. MOO

Nature prompted me that spring is on it's way, so I better complete my winter seeding soon!

Last edited:
Plenty of people do. Many call it "a calling," or "moved by the spirit."

I mean that in general.

In this particular case, I think they are manipulators at the very least (understatement).

jmo
Yes I very must agree that coming from people in this group/cult/thing - it's often used as a manipulation to give more weight to something.. "ohh well if you are prompted, it must be right..." that kind of deal.

I hope the FBI is examining Yellowstone River and the canyon there for any evidence of Tylee. It flows into the Missouri River, but IF she was pushed in from a viewpoint, there should be some sort of evidence on the rocks. And the river should be combed. MOO

I see a lot of things on social media as well as other forums - however some things I see do not fall under the guise of MSM or LE based sources, and that's what is required for this particular forum.
I just very super curious what forum is showing people's membership records

There is no legal ramification to a temple sealing. It's a religious ceremony. This case just has not only legal portions but religious ones because of the beliefs of those involved. Whether or not they were legitimately sealed, or not matters not at all to the legal end of things. It just speaks to their mindset regarding their beliefs which are outside of mainstream LDS, but still based on LDS at the foundation.
I think it mattered to Lori because that is why she believed she was married to Moroni and that Charles was dead and was someone called Ned Schneider. She took all Chad's nonsense on board seriously and it is ultimately what kicked this all off and why Charles is dead, and possibly the others also. She said she was married to Joseph Smith and posters on here have said that Joseph Smith was sealed to several women, so does Chad believe he is Joseph Smith?
AJMO.

Go to a Mormon general conference or watch it on TV. Or just hang around the more devout for a while. Not saying you're right or wrong, only saying that the things Chad says aren't as out there in the environment he was in as it feels to someone from outside that environment.

Well Chad was executive Secretary so must have had access to the Temple no problem. He is also a prophet according to Lori and so they could in theory have got in the temple and done the sealing themselves after Tammy's death before this all blew up.
I understand he is no longer Exec secretary so has that been confirmed on here ?
Although, doing anything themselves is meaningless and totally pure guessing on our part. MOO

Chad also said something similar to that landlord on Dec 7th. I thought that was really odd and wondered if she was a member. If the article mentioned it I missed it. If she is a member I'm so glad she didn't go for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401