Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
ha ha!! This is true--->Not everything is a conspiracy or coverup... but I have to remind myself of that every once in a while!!! I actually do a lot of ancestry..and I think that is why this first venture to Websleuths has been so thrilling to me! constant learning rather than frustrating dead ends (often on Ancestry). I think I am just saying it is a "possibility". I knew someone in high school that did this--there was a pregnancy that had to be defended, but she did "claim" she was married!

Ok, so you are basing your opinion on your personal experience of someone else lying. But what reason would Lori and her family have to lie to all of their family and friends in the 1990s about her first marriage? There was no pregnancy in that marriage. There was no scandal as far as we know. We know that he wasn't Mormon, the family apparently didn't approve and they divorced in a short time. If the family wanted to lie and cover something up it seems more likely to me they would deny the marriage ever happened now when Lori is in the news. Which is what you seem to be doing, despite both family and friend sources we have saying it happened. What reason would Lori have had to tell her non-Mormon cheerleader friend from HS that she married and divorced her HS boyfriend? Her non-Mormon friend wouldn't have judged her for living with her boyfriend in sin if they were not married. Maybe she would lie about that to family. But we also have a family source (from Gray Hughes interview) saying she was married and divorced. So she wasn't representing her relationship as different to different people, which could reveal a lie. I just see no reason to disbelieve that her first marriage/divorce happened. MOO.

Any estate planners out there? Would there have to be a will for a married person who was recently widowed to assume ownership of a 401k? What if said 401k was only in the decedent's name?

Just curious... Does LE or FBI leak some info that --somehow-- gets to defense attorneys, who subsequently advise clients NOT to take bail, because other charges might be coming? Or would LE and FBI be more likely to keep as tight to the vest, so as to "encourage" the use of bail money to be spent upfront?

QUOTE="BigAl16, post: 15919128, member: 257587"]Good question for which I don't know the answer. I would think that cluing the defense attorneys in could potentially backfire as they might use that against the leakers, but the leak (if that was in the plan) could be a win-win for all concerned except (maybe) the bail bond company, and I'm okay with them getting the short end here. No one wins with the bail money being spent in this scenario except the bail bond company. That includes the general public. MOO[/QUOTE]

I would think, with 3 defense attorneys engaged (leak or no leak), they would advise her about the pro's and con's of making bail. The preliminary hearing is 10 days away, if they are confident (and I don't know why they would be) that the charges get dismissed, and the felony counts don't get bound over to district court, she would be out of jail (saving 80-100k). Alternatively, if they expect more charges, they may advise against depleting the limited resources that will likely be required to fight future charges. In the event, the prosecution prevails (and all they need to do is prove probable cause) and it get's bound over to district court they could always post at that time. Lastly, she could choose to prove the children are alive and avoid much of this mess. She and Chad are between a rock and a hard place - right where LE wants them. MOO

Even through the preliminary hearing I expect the prosecution to only present enough evidence and witnesses to make the probable cause case and save the rest for trial. MOO

Agree 100% with everything you said!! MOO

Have you wondered about ZP and how much she may know? There’s info on the web of her current whereabouts, a list of relatives. I believe she is from Chile, I found that she went by the name Zuleme Pastenes Porter but couldn’t find out anything regarding her previous husband, if in fact that’s why she had the name Porter. I’m hoping LE has interviewed her extensively. Her FB page that relates to her career is completely blacked out.

Have you wondered about ZP and how much she may know? There’s info on the web of her current whereabouts, a list of relatives. I believe she is from Chile, I found that she went by the name Zuleme Pastenes Porter but couldn’t find out anything regarding her previous husband, if in fact that’s why she had the name Porter. I’m hoping LE has interviewed her extensively. Her FB page that relates to her career is completely blacked out.
We can’t talk about her here.

Oh, I absolutely think she knows a heck of a lot, but due to TOS we can’t sleuth her!
However, I am very curious as to her part in this whole mess. I know she must’ve been involved with Lori for a little while because she was mentioned in the dateline episode as supposedly having the ability to control the elements :rolleyes:
But I really want to know more about her quick marriage to AC! MOO

Any estate planners out there? Would there have to be a will for a married person who was recently widowed to assume ownership of a 401k? What if said 401k was only in the decedent's name?

I'm not an Estate Planner, but I believe your 401k automatically passes to the spouse, unless the spouse signed a waiver allowing another beneficiary to be named. I believe this happens outside of probate.

Oh, I absolutely think she knows a heck of a lot, but due to TOS we can’t sleuth her!
However, I am very curious as to her part in this whole mess. I know she must’ve been involved with Lori for a little while because she was mentioned in the dateline episode as supposedly having the ability to control the elements :rolleyes:
But I really want to know more about her quick marriage to AC! MOO
I’m having trouble understanding why she’s off limits.

I'm not an Estate Planner, but I believe your 401k automatically passes to the spouse, unless the spouse signed a waiver allowing another beneficiary to be named. I believe this happens outside of probate.

Agreed, unless it is contested by other interested parties. Potentially, CV other children or former wife.

BTW...does anyone know if CV was still married when he met LV? Does LV "specialize" in finding married men to charm?

I’m having trouble understanding why she’s off limits.
Because she is not a person of interest nor has she been charged with anything. That said, we can discuss anything mentioned in MSM about her!

I know it’s confusing at first, that’s why I mainly lurk instead of posting lol I’ve had my hand slapped a time or ten! :cool:

[/QUOTE]

I would think, with 3 defense attorneys engaged (leak or no leak), they would advise her about the pro's and con's of making bail. The preliminary hearing is 10 days away, if they are confident (and I don't know why they would be) that the charges get dismissed, and the felony counts don't get bound over to district court, she would be out of jail (saving 80-100k). Alternatively, if they expect more charges, they may advise against depleting the limited resources that will likely be required to fight future charges. In the event, the prosecution prevails (and all they need to do is prove probable cause) and it get's bound over to district court they could always post at that time. Lastly, she could choose to prove the children are alive and avoid much of this mess. She and Chad are between a rock and a hard place - right where LE wants them. MOO

Even through the preliminary hearing I expect the prosecution to only present enough evidence and witnesses to make the probable cause case and save the rest for trial. MOO[/QUOTE]

This makes sense. If bail had been set for 10K then for $1,000 plus the amount for the ankle braclet, it probably still wouldn't be worth it, but I suspect Lori would think it was. For 100K, probably not, even if they have it. As it is she gets free room and board in a place with award-winning food service. :)

MOO

Because she is not a person of interest nor has she been charged with anything. That said, we can discuss anything mentioned in MSM about her!

I know it’s confusing at first, that’s why I mainly lurk instead of posting lol I’ve had my hand slapped a time or ten! :cool:

Got it. Back to lurking and looking, thanks.

I keep wondering why they all rushed to get married so fast. I know in some cases that the court can not force a spouse to testify against their wife/husband. I bet they all rushed to get married (LV, AC, MBP) so that their new spouses couldn’t be forced to testify against them. Because in my opinion only, they are all in on it somehow or another, including their new spouses (CD, ZP, IP). The FBI would not be there if federal charges were not coming. I can picture it now. You know how in a gangster movie they do a raid and you see them walking each key player out in handcuffs, that’s what I imagine this could end up looking like. I hope they get everyone involved and find out what happened to Tylee and J.J. because the kids and all the families involved deserve answers and justice! MOO

This was discussed and I believe the experts said that this has some exceptions that included anything that happened prior to the marriage as well as things involving the safety of kids. However, since they probably didn't confer with attorneys before doing this and could have been going on popular belief rather than actual legalities, I don't know that we can rule it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard