Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would/ could/ can the state charge her with the murder of the children if their bodies are never found and they think there is enough evidence to prove Lori is responsible for their disappearance? Her defying the court order to produce the children is evidence itself. JMO. I could be wrong.
IMO, for a murder charge there must be evidence of murder, not just disappearance.

I agree. It is impossible to know at this point how much evidence the Feds have for the kids. I keep hoping they are alive, so I don't allow myself to go digging too far in areas that take me away from that hope. That Lori and Chad called MG to ask her to lie to LE is leans towards conspiracy but to what end? We don't know what evidence there is.

There seems to be enough evidence to charge conspiracy to commit murder for Charles and attempted murder for Brandon. The essence of conspiracy is an agreement of two or more persons to engage in some form of prohibited conduct, such as murder. The crime is complete upon agreement. It does not have to actually be carried out. That is the beauty of conspiracy which is so much easier to prove than murder. The Feds seem to make sure that cases are completely worked up before filing charges and I think they can still file an indictment after the State files charges. Arizona would have jurisdication for Charles and Brandon, but LE made a lot mistakes with Charles, so they may just let the Feds handle it. @AZlawyer what do you think?

The State of Idaho definately has evidence of conspiracy to commit murder for Tammy. Insanely stupid using Charles Vallow's Amazon account to buy wedding rings and have them delivered to yourself 17 days before Tammy's death. Then, the idiocy of have said rings photographed at your inappropriate beach wedding. There is that ski mask purchase as well...

Thank you for saying this. I dont believe this post-mortem pool party happened either. There's just been nothing to substantiate that it actually occurred. It was believable because LV actually is despicable enough to do something like that. But I think some neighbors wouldve come forward by now.
I totally agree with you about the pool party. The main reason being this crew doesn’t seem to have friends. All the drama and murder happens within family confines. I am guessing that Lori , Alex and maybe Tylee played loud music and whooped it up in the backyard. The noise was mentioned to police, but never reached the level of a noise complaint.

I know that there are successful 'no body' murder trials. And it is sometimes easier with children, because it's obvious a young boy like Joshua didn't run away and hide himself somewhere. It's a little harder with teens, because the defense can try and say she ran off voluntarily, or a predator got her.

But with this case, and all of the dead bodies piled up already, there shouldn't be a problem convincing a jury what happened.

I hope they get a jury that can follow a complex set of facts though.

That's true. My son recently had served on a jury and got very frustrated with one of the jury members. The sad thing, is that this guy came off as a know it all, and he was voted as the head juror.

After this, my son realized that this guy's entire knowledge base came from watching too much tv, and had no grounds in reality. The gist of this particular case was that the perp was accused of possessing drugs. The police had chased him down, and the police found the drugs behind the tree that the perp was caught by police at.

Defense argued that the drugs the police found, had just coincidentally been there, the wind must have blown them there. ROFLMAO :D

11 of the 12 jurors found him guilty, except for the one that had watched too much tv. He bought the defense's story hook, line, and sinker. So, my son had to spend the next 2 days before this finally went to a hung jury. He was not happy with that guy.

Jury's are great when you have people that are capable of logical reasoning, not so great otherwise. Case in point, Jodi Arias had a hung jury twice.

This case is even worse, all you need is one person to buy any of LVD's lies, and she can get off the hook. I am sure that there are a few suckers that would buy that Alex is responsible for everything, and LVD is completely innocent.

Kids are dead? It was Alex
4th Husband Dead? Alex
Tammi's Dead? Alex
Alex's Dead? Alex, again.

Dead men tell no tales, so easy to pin the blame on them. :(

MOO

I totally agree with you about the pool party. The main reason being this crew doesn’t seem to have friends. All the drama and murder happens within family confines. I am guessing that Lori , Alex and maybe Tylee played loud music and whooped it up in the backyard. The noise was mentioned to police, but never reached the level of a noise complaint.

I wonder if it's possible JJ took a swim every night. If we recall, he had no idea his dad was dead. Jmo

I sat up straight when she said she wasn't very close with Tylee.

BINGO! She was specifically brought in by Lolo as a nanny and she wasn’t very close to Tylee? Can she be more full of it? She was almost as close as a mother for crying out loud and now shes distancing herself from that role? There isn’t a jury in the world that would believe that statement considering her back story. I hope charges are brought against her just like the rest of this circle of doom. She almost sounded drugged to me. Anti-depressant maybe?

I've been thinking about ineffective counsel. Right now, Lori is really the only one who can replace Means. Otherwise, if she's found guilty she can appeal on the grounds of ineffective counsel and hope her case for appeal is accepted. Surely he isn't acting like this on purpose assuming she has no real defense against charges? Jmo

...or this could turn out like a 3 Ring Circus like the Ted Bundy Trial. Where he represented himself with co-counsel, that was a huge media circus too.

In fact, I believe that was the first murder trial to be aired publicly.

MOO

Anybody besides me now have a burning desire to go to Rexburg Idaho on July 22, 2020?
Because I have airline and hotel miles just itching to be used.
I would do it then I will have attended Jodi Arias, Rebecca Zahau and now evil Lori. I will tell you, though, that Jodi Arias looked me up and down when I came in. It was beyond creepy and it was truly telling what kind of a person she is.

I didn't find MP and IP cute meet through dating app believable. Is there proof he was involved with Chad before that? Most of that seemed scripted. The longer the interview went, the less convincing her sweet portrayal of herself. IP seemed to be tense after she began talking about his wearing the wire. I remember him looking away at some point. I will go back and rewatch the body language but that incident is definitely not behind them.
What if Chad recruited him to get rid of M because she knew all about the kids? Very possible. He wasn’t believable anymore than M was.

Hey Everyone,
Tonight on Websleuths YouTube Live we welcome Jodi Arias' former lawyer Kirk Nurmi. You are going to be shocked at how deeply Mr. Nurmi's life was affected by doing his job which was defending Arias. We start at 10:00 PM Eastern. Click on this link right at 10:00 PM EASTERN TONIGHT https://tinyurl.com/y7odr3ou

Attachments

• show 5.2.20.jpg
    show 5.2.20.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 20

Thinking about movies where the thugs turn the music up loud before beating the tar out of someone. Thinking about Colby's statement that Tylee was hysterical. Wondering what happened after Colby left

I agree. It is impossible to know at this point how much evidence the Feds have for the kids. I keep hoping they are alive, so I don't allow myself to go digging too far in areas that take me away from that hope. That Lori and Chad called MG to ask her to lie to LE is leans towards conspiracy but to what end? We don't know what evidence there is.

There seems to be enough evidence to charge conspiracy to commit murder for Charles and attempted murder for Brandon. The essence of conspiracy is an agreement of two or more persons to engage in some form of prohibited conduct, such as murder. The crime is complete upon agreement. It does not have to actually be carried out. That is the beauty of conspiracy which is so much easier to prove than murder. The Feds seem to make sure that cases are completely worked up before filing charges and I think they can still file an indictment after the State files charges. Arizona would have jurisdication for Charles and Brandon, but LE made a lot mistakes with Charles, so they may just let the Feds handle it. @AZlawyer what do you think?

The State of Idaho definately has evidence of conspiracy to commit murder for Tammy. Insanely stupid using Charles Vallow's Amazon account to buy wedding rings and have them delivered to yourself 17 days before Tammy's death. Then, the idiocy of have said rings photographed at your inappropriate beach wedding. There is that ski mask purchase as well...
Thank you for your perspective. I think they are dead though. I just can't imagine where they could be or why she isn't saying. Many, many why's. I'll have to be patient with the process.

I don’t know who IanP is... Did you read the thread and the wiki on what it’s about? Sounds like a lot of parallels to Chad’s beliefs and his own writing and the light/dark/sealed away stuff in his emails. It’s almost as if they believe they are the characters in the fantasy novels.

Ian was into video games and there are "video game stories" he has written in the past that sound eerily similar to their beliefs. It's incredibly sad, and even scary, that grown adults can switch into "story mode" and be completely oblivious of what their actions are doing to people! These are grown adults who have children and grandchildren and should know that life or religion is not a game! I teeter back and fourth on if I believe Chad and Lori, and their friends and family, really believe this end of times stuff or if it was just an excuse to get a following to buy their books. Unfortunately, this is a perfect case of Follow the Money. Chad and Lori and their families are absolutely a disgusting waste time. I feel terrible for Chad's grandchildren and I hope these beliefs are not being taught to them.

Everyone in court with masks...sounds like it could be the beginning of a really cool movie. Somehow, LVD escapes, and the police can't see her, because everyone has masks, and LVD had slipped off her prison jammies.

Okay, I am not surprised that LVD didn't get a bail reduction. Did she really think that was going to happen? And I don't think that switching judges was a bright idea. Judge Michelle Mallard is a former U.S. District Attorney.

Eastern Idaho woman sworn in as magistrate judge

It won't be as easy this time. If I recall correctly, Idaho gives the defense one change judge without having to cite a reason. After that it is a much steeper slope.
Yes, you get one free change of Judge, after that you have to show cause. Any lawyers here? Do you think "The Judge can't forget defense counsel was a complete idiot during the emergency hearing" will qualify as adequate cause?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth