Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #33

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Patch Tuesday, Dec 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoneGoldfishin'

GoneGoldfishin' Well-Known Member

OH yes, I know it is old... I actually never saw the movie, only the stage productions when I was in mutual.. That would have been late 80s too. I was just saying "warrior" is definitely a word that has been (and stayed) in the LDS vernacular for quite some time.

AZlawyer and Nurse Gen like this.

2. Gigi3

Gigi3 Well-Known Member

There’s a link here a WS for him!

Nurse Gen and SleuthD-o-doubleg like this.
  3. SleuthD-o-doubleg

SleuthD-o-doubleg Well-Known Member

I saw that! :) thank you!

Nurse Gen likes this.
  4. longtimereader

longtimereader Well-Known Member

The new body cam video reveals that CV is truly an amazing man. His sister Kay is an amazing woman for all that she has done and is doing for JJ and Tylee. Let's keep focusing on finding the kids. (That is meant to encourage. I know everyone is trying. Seeing the video just renews the urgency to find them.)

5. indicolite22

indicolite22 Well-Known Member

6. SwiftTiff

SwiftTiff Well-Known Member

That footage is waaaaaaaay alarming. I keep trying to think positive but holy crap. He’s calm, concerned. He says she’s calling him a different name entirely and that Charles is dead already and no one would miss the person who has taken over and he’s “dark” . Omg. It’s really hard to think of a positive outcome harder than ever . He was gentle and rational, reasonable ......... she wouldn’t go to a doctor geez

7. SwiftTiff

SwiftTiff Well-Known Member

I feel absolutely frustrated and sad watching that video he must have felt frustrated, helpless , and distraught. That video just is utterly heartbreaking and knowing the outcome of Charles alone is just a lot. His family have went through so much already. I pray the kids are alive but this video is incredibly alarming even more than it already was.

jash, Scoutce, Nurse Gen and 6 others like this.
  8. scriabina

scriabina Well-Known Member

I agree, this is heartbreaking footage to watch knowing this poor man was murdered soon thereafter.
    If Lori was so delusional that she believed her loved ones were being taken over by demons or whatever, then she definitely had the capacity to kill her own children. I would be shocked if they were found alive. What benefit would any cult gain from keeping those children hidden away somewhere? :-(
    ETA: Will Tammy Daybell's autopsy results ever be released?

SwiftTiff, jash, Scoutce and 11 others like this.
  9. indicolite22

indicolite22 Well-Known Member

BBM. Exactly. Lori and Chad's allies are trying to sell the "threatened by the grandma" baloney, yet they admit they have no idea where the kids are. They take Chad and Lori's word for it. I don't believe a wider cult is involved in the kids' disappearance.

10. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

jash, SeattleStew, Deerrun and 13 others like this.
  11. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

I think it most probably was, and I agree that she didn't want Tylee to go there.

To have already identified it as crazy people means Lori had looked at what Charles sent to Tylee, and when Tylee says 'yeah' in response, she acknowledges that they have already had this discussion before they went to the police station.

I think that raises a bigger issue. This was the end of January, 3 months after Chad emailed Lori and ranked Tylee as a 4D - covering the same period "the last several months" Charles told the officer Lori had gotten really, really bad. Lori is hiding all of this from the police the day she reports her purse stolen, hiding her crazy talk about Charles being someone else and dark spirits; hiding the Lori who fits the description Charles gives - "she's not here, she's lost her reality, she's non-sensical". His 'cheating' is the cover story and Tylee believes it. We also know Lori was let go from Community Bridges the following day. The issue I think it raises is that Tylee appears to have no idea that this is what is going on with her mother, yet she is a very smart girl (IMO) and wherever Lori goes Tylee goes too, so Lori must be going out of her way to hide this side of herself (and her involvement with the website of crazy people) from Tylee. By this date Lori 'believes' Charles is possessed and by the same token she must also 'believe' Tylee is possessed. I put 'believe' in inverted commas because I'm not convinced that she doesn't see the absurdity of it. I would like to know more about hiding delusions, and also the possibility that this was another part of the indoctrination of Chad - the necessity of hiding the knowledge from people who can have you classified as insane.

Lori made sure to indoctrinate Tylee with thoughts that Charles was cheating, I believe so that Tylee would reject and not connect with Charles over the ensuing period after Lori started telling Charles he had been possessed. Tylee does not go with Charles and JJ when Lori disappears for 2 months, and tries to 'gather' up her friend April, so we see that, unless Lori broke the news of Moroni's (Chad's) temple revelations to her after the police incident at end of Jan, Lori's 'mission' is being kept a secret from her daughter. I think the actual division between mother and daughter, Lori's secret life, at the same time as keeping Tylee close to her, so early last year, is really very significant in understanding this case, and why she would eventually dispose of Tylee (murder her, imo).

It's a case of 'keep your enemies closer'. I don't believe it has to do with Tylee witnessing the murder of Charles and being a threat of talking out about that. I believe Tylee was completely in Lori's grasp, and was useful to Lori while she could be a (hearsay) witness to Lori's claims about Charles being a threat and being unfaithful, and then once Charles was gone, Lori was just moving forward with the next step of her original plan, to rid herself of the obstacles (zombies) Chad had identified. Tylee was unable to see who Lori really was, which is completely understandable given her age and who had custody of her in her formative years.

I think Chad had really very carefully assessed the chances of Tylee remaining unquestioning through the murders of Brandon and Tammy (imo), after Charles' murder (imo), to get to his goal of marrying Lori. I'm proposing he knew Tylee was about to embark on a life away from home and that distance would remove the spell of her mom, and the 'crazy people', if she was exposed to it. She wasn't an ideal recruit. So the way to counter that was to tell her it was full of crazy people. Tylee could ruin everything for him if she was aligned with Charles and became a reporter to the authorities, paving the way for his exposure as a fraud and, if she wasn't disposed of by the time it would come to happen, the criminal mastermind behind a trail of murders. I think that's why we don't see Tylee enrolling in college last year - it's critical that she be kept by Lori's side. She is encouraged to be JJ's carer because mom needs her and can't cope, as Tylee told her friend.

I really wonder about the psychological process Lori will be going through now that she is apart from Chad. Obviously she has her own abhorrent participation in this scheme, to hide from authorities, and her own contributory personality disorders (imo) that facilitated her actions, but I would like to know if Chad is maintaining pressure on her with regard to the beliefs, and if so, whether the authorities can glean this from recordings of their calls.

MOO

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  12. April_Dawn99

April_Dawn99 Well-Known Member

RSBM

I so much agree! So heartbreaking and difficult to watch! It's devastating that police officers did not provide any help to CV... I understand it's easier to say looking back on what has happened later, and they were guided by their own legal procedures, but OMG there is a man, whose kids, things and money were taken away from him, by a woman that says she is god and can murder him with her powers (OT - she can also teleport, doesn't need to eat etc etc etc, so I suppose she enjoys jail if she's staying there).
    On the other hand, I am sure she would be able to deceive any mental health check, based on what we know of now. Poor guy!

And I also think that UT people relates to CD and his follower gang, as he originally comes from UT. JMO

I think daily temple visit was not necessarily the visit to LDS Temple. If CD was a prophet with his own church in LV's eyes, she could easily go "to temple" in some their own secret place to "exalt" herself by having sex or whatever with "James the Just" aka CD who was her husband in the eternity. Nice rationalization/excuse :cool: MOO

I slightly remember when listening to "Warrior Up" podcast with Jason Mow, MG and LV, or reading some descriptions related to the podcast (like this one - link), they've mentioned that *as the end of times is coming* people have to wake up and become warriors for their faith as it was stated in LDS Doctrines (whatever that might mean, I am not LDS and nowhere close). All JM's books are actually related to "war" topic - link to his website , so I think this is the theme prepper groups are using as a logic to rationalize their anti-government and "extra mile" beliefs above what is in the scriptures. JMO though

13. April_Dawn99

April_Dawn99 Well-Known Member

It seems to me this whole family could be simply all delusional, every one in their own way. Many of them IMO use "I was not there, I didn't see - so it didn't happen" defense strategy. Add here "we cannot judge others" theme and not so close in reality relationships (remember, LV never invited her own mom and sister to her weddings; CR did not know where they are moving for several months; they did not talk to kids for many months and thought it's ok; JC sending message to LV, who is in Kauai, through her church friend and not directly (!) etc). So by coming forward JC and SS (maybe MBP as well) may very well just try to rationalize their own set of beliefs about LV and themselves, not necessarily being accomplices. JMO

14. divineappt

divineappt Well-Known Member

zeal·ot
    /ˈzelət/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    1. a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.

15. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

16. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

JMO
    It sure is alarming and I think it shows why we have valid concerns about the children.

It really shows just how far off the deep end she went. So far that her husband was forced to leave her and pursue divorce.

The sad thing too is Charles tried to inform others of how strange she had become and I dont think he got much help or moral support from those he shared with. Especially not from Lori's side. Some of the ones he tried to talk to apparently jumped into the deep end of the pool with Lori, and now when legal trouble is threatened they are denying sharing similar views that Lori has.

17. AZlawyer

AZlawyer Verified Attorney

FYI (I know the thread has moved a long way past this now) the discovery request from the prosecution is just a normal form request. It is not a motion, it was filed at the normal time, it does not mean the defense is not cooperating, it does not tell us anything special about this case. Scroll down to part (c):
    I.C.R. 16. Discovery and Inspection | Supreme Court

18. northernlight

northernlight Member

About the physical for work...in order to have a CDL license you have to have a medical card, which requires a physical. Its fairly often. I can't remember if its once a year, or every two.

19. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking, that Lori coattailed on someone who did have a recommend to the temple.

Either that, or ‘I’m in temple every day’ was a smokescreen for Lori to do whatever she wanted without questioning from non-LDS-raised Charles.

Oh, that’s interesting... thanks. I wonder if Alex’s autopsy results were congruent with what you would expect for someone with regular medical checkups. Any of our medical people know?

divineappt and Nurse Gen like this.
  20. 155etta

155etta Well, well, well.....

I've lived in Rexburg for over thirty years, but I'm not an active Mormon so I'm out of the loop, and I've never heard anything about this kind of a group here. Doesn't mean that there isn't. It might explain why Chad hasn't been arrested yet and why it seems nothing is happening. If it's even bigger and involves more people, that will take time to sort out. I keep going back to something Nate Eaton of EIN said in the second (I believe) Dateline special. He said he got a call form (law enforcement?) and they tipped him off. They said imagine the most wild, out-there story you can and multiply it by 100. Sorry, I don't remember the exact quote but it stuck in my mind. Maybe it's going to blow us all away when it all comes out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.